Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metroid Prime Hunters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meta Knight

Accepting applications for The 'Shroom
Core 'Shroom Staff
For everything Metroid, this will be a thread to discuss Metroid games, Metroid content, etc. I'll try to have daily questions/polls to try to keep this thread running. If you don't know what Metroid is, it's Nintendo's big space franchise of isolation and exploration and you play as the best bountess in the galaxy, Samus Aran.

Why do I like this series?
I guess I like going around exploring the planet to save the world. It feels like a sci-fi Zelda for me and it will be one of my favorite franchises.

What is my favorite Metroid game?
That depends,
2D: Super Metroid
3D: Metroid Prime
Handheld: Metroid Fusion
Console: Super Metroid
All time: Super Metroid

All this and more in the future.

Re: The Official "Metroid" Thread

I have only played Zerio Mission and Fusion insofar, but I had so much fun with both games. Out of the two, Fusion was more enjoyable, because the concept of the X was soooo interesting.

DragonFreak said:
I have only played Zerio Mission and Fusion insofar, but I had so much fun with both games. Out of the two, Fusion was more enjoyable, because the concept of the X was soooo interesting.

I know and the SA-X created so much suspense in the game. Just it's hearing it's footsteps made me shiver as a kid.

also dont forget the upcoming release of another metroid 2 remake

http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com

which has the possibility being better than super metroid from what ive played of the demo anyway

its been a huge success so far and a lot of people love it.

idk x was kinda annoying if anything, especially the x forms after the actual bosses were really annoying

plus the fusion suit design was really ugly

....maybe im just bitter because sa-x chase scenes

also in all honesty fusion probably had the lamest final boss ever

This is the only franchise in existence that I own every entry of. Yes, even that one. Favorite Nintendo franchise, getting tired of waiting for a new entry, blah blah blah. The first Metroid Prime is my favorite game ever.

http://www.metroidmetal.com/

also check these guys out, they're amazing

DragonFreak said:
Basically this.

I want a new 2D Metroid game, don't care for the 3D ones.

Glaceon said:
DragonFreak said:
Basically this.

I honestly think we should get both, but if I had to pick I would take a new 2D Metroid game.

ive played a little bit of zero mission and im a fair way into super metroid (i really need to get around to finishing it)
theyre pretty cool

Umi Sonoda said:
also dont forget the upcoming release of another metroid 2 remake

http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com

which has the possibility being better than super metroid from what ive played of the demo anyway

its been a huge success so far and a lot of people love it.

Well it probably will be better than the original, the original Metroid 2 has a lot of faults.

ThreeThousand said:
This is the only franchise in existence that I own every entry of. Yes, even that one. Favorite Nintendo franchise, getting tired of waiting for a new entry, blah blah blah.

Which game are you referring to Other M? I don't blame you there was a lot of hype (for me anyway).

pretty sure there was plenty of hype for other m

probably what made it even more shitty

Sounds a lot like Sticker Star.

Lumastar said:
Glaceon said:
DragonFreak said:
Basically this.

I honestly think we should get both, but if I had to pick I would take a new 2D Metroid game.
I may not care for the 3D side, but I think we should too (and there was even an article some time ago that supports the chances of this).

still waiting for that fusion sequel

Well it probably will be better than the original, the original Metroid 2 has a lot of faults.

honestly the first two games were absolutely horrible

Umi Sonoda said:
still waiting for that fusion sequel

They wouldn't possibly consider a Metroid 5 because clearly Nintendo is having trouble to make games on the main timeline. Not as bad as Valve though. And yea the Prime series may all be sequels of each other, but aren't those prequels? I'd enjoy seeing them continue the story from after fusion.

Yeah the Prime trilogy takes place between the first 2 games, iirc. And a direct sequel to Fusion would be awesome since Samus is essentially a fugitive at the end of the game. That could make for a neat story.

I am a huge fan of this series (except for Other M) and I've played through... seven of the games so far (Primes, II, Fusion, ZM, and Super). Also some Super Metroid romhacks! Which are pretty fun... if pretty damn hard. also the same stuff about new game please nintendo

except for other m 2, i'd be happy with that never happening. very happy

I haven't played the series as a whole much but Metroid Prime is my favourite game and Metroid Fusion was pretty amazing.

I should go back to them eventually.

ThreeThousand said:
Yeah the Prime trilogy takes place between the first 2 games, iirc. And a direct sequel to Fusion would be awesome since Samus is essentially a fugitive at the end of the game. That could make for a neat story.

actually im pretty sure the prime games take place between 2 and super metroid

i could be wrong, but im pretty sure about that.

You're wrong. Nothing takes place between Return of Samus and Super Metroid.

I love Metroid, it's my third favorite video game series and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is one of my all-time favorite games. I've played and own every Metroid game except for the two on the DS and I've loved everyone that I've ever played. Fusion, Zero Mission, and Super Metroid are gorgeous 2D games, and Prime, Prime 2, Prime 3 and, to me anyways, Other M are gorgeous 3D games.

Today's Metroid question, what's the best 2D Metroid game?

Glaceon said:
Out of the two I've played, for me it's Metroid Fusion.
Exactly this, for reasons I pretty much already stated.

Umi Sonoda said:

idk x was kinda annoying if anything, especially the x forms after the actual bosses were really annoying

plus the fusion suit design was really ugly

....maybe im just bitter because sa-x chase scenes

also in all honesty fusion probably had the lamest final boss ever
I guess I am just fascinated by the mechanics of the X. Like they evolve and learn at a very exponential rate, which makes them so interesting from a scientific point of view.

Back