Help! My forum has been hacked!

Lily x

Goodbye
Ok, I could be in deep shit. I go on my forum and apparently it has been hacked by the syrian electronic army.
I have no idea what has happened and I am really scared at what could happen. Do you have any advice?
EDIT: Ok, the message which comes up is 'you've been hacked by the syrian electronic army', and then a picture comes up. It comes up whenever I go into my forum (and when I tried to access the create a forum help boards) but on every other site is fine. I am just really confused.

From what I've looked up, this is some sort of group that hacked several major sites. Yours probably just got caught in the crossfire thanks to them targeting createaforum's helpboards. I don't really have any advice, though, sorry.

Hata no Kokoro said:
From what I've looked up, this is some sort of group that hacked several major sites. Yours probably just got caught in the crossfire thanks to them targeting createaforum's helpboards. I don't really have any advice, though, sorry.
I see... at least I know what is going on.
I am pretty worried though about them potentially getting hold of peoples emails and ip's and stuff...

Back