For everything Bowser

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Boredom has struck me so, I made this for my favourite character.

In this thread its all Bowser, all the time, so lets have it, compliments, criticisms, complaints, opinions, you got something to say about the koopa King lets have it.

Enough said.

Donatello said:
He's got a cool design and he's fun to play as, but he pretty lame otherwise and not too smart.

He's no genius but I think he's smarter than people give him credit for.

Most if not all of his defeats in the mainstream games were due to his own incompetence rather thanMario's skill. Best example is the 2D games with the axe/switches destroying the bridge suspended lava he's standing on.

Well, I always saw that as an example of gameplay story segregation since things like that are never acknowledged by the characters in-universe.

All in all, I'd say he's of average intelligence with moments of stupid.

not memorable?

man he's great in the rpgs, which is why i like him in the first place.

Even super mario rpg, a game which i hate with a passion, he's great in.

Zae Eildus said:
not memorable?

"Like the moon over
The day, my genius and brawn
Are lost on these fools."

I also liked his dialogue in Galaxy 2.

"Look at you, running around like a flea on a puny planetoid. Know what isn't puny? My massive new power... The power to flatten you like a space pancake!"

Bowser is cool but I still find it odd that he gets so dumbfounded that he loses

Like haven't you been through this enough to realize you probably won't win

R.O.B. said:
Bowser is cool but I still find it odd that he gets so dumbfounded that he loses

Like haven't you been through this enough to realize you probably won't win

You can blame his ego for that.

Also his last line at the end of DT perfectly states why he'll always be around as Mario's nemesis.

"Hear this! I will kidnap Peach OVER and OVER again until I pull it off! Failure isn't an option! And neither is giving up!"

Zae Eildus said:
not memorable?

The RPGs are the only place I really like him.

Mcmadness said:
Zae Eildus said:
not memorable?

"Like the moon over
The day, my genius and brawn
Are lost on these fools."
just realized this is a haiku

I'm sure most people around here are well-aware of my opinion on him by now, but I find Bowser to be extremely overrated. I'm not saying that he doesn't have any redeeming qualities, I just don't think he's what most people make him out to be.

If they haven't already, Nintendo should focus on Bowser's RPG-type incarnations more than his much more serious "main" Mario game ones. Does anybody out-of-universe actually see him as a serious threat anymore? I've always been under the impression that most fans prefer Bowser's RPG incarnation, since he has more "character" to him... I could be wrong.

I haven't played PM: SS yet, but is it true that his incarnation in Sticker Star was nothing like his RPG character because Miyamoto was bothered by Bowser not being treated seriously, viewed as a threat, etc. anymore?

(I just want to be clear that I'm not trying to instigate Bowser bashing- I love the guy and most of his troop.)

I kinda like Bowser.

... Damn, I can't even remember the parts that I hate about him tbh, I guess me hating him as a kid kinda stuck around for a bit.

Da_Bob-omb said:
If they haven't already, Nintendo should focus on Bowser's RPG-type incarnations more than his much more serious "main" Mario game ones. Does anybody out-of-universe actually see him as a serious threat anymore? I've always been under the impression that most fans prefer Bowser's RPG incarnation, since he has more "character" to him... I could be wrong.

I haven't played PM: SS yet, but is it true that his incarnation in Sticker Star was nothing like his RPG character because Miyamoto was bothered by Bowser not being treated seriously, viewed as a threat, etc. anymore?

(I just want to be clear that I'm not trying to instigate Bowser bashing- I love the guy and most of his troop.)

In my experience most people prefer him like how he is in DT and PM64 where he is goofy and comical but still dangerous and an effective villain.

As for Sticker stat, we don't really have a real reason why Bowser was the way he was, just speculation and guesses.

It's far more than just speculation.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/papermario/0/2

Iwata: But it seems like a part of you enjoys putting something edgy out there and seeing how much you can get away with.

Tanabe: No, there were times when Miyamoto-san has really gotten angry at me! (laughs) Like about treatment of Bowser.

Well, they don't say what specifically bothered him that resulted in him being a silent villain.

Shiny Umbreon said:
Bowser is great in the RPGs.

Well most of them, barring 2 specific cases.

Back