What languages do you speak?

Stargazing

Retired.
Pronouns
They/them
I haven't seen a thread like this.

English- Yes, I speak Canadian English. Canadian English exists, it's how we have mostly American words but we also add "u" to different things. Ugh, it took me a while to get used to the [color][/color] tag.

French- Canadian French for me. Canadian French and French are different. Just ask for how to pronounce "jeans", for an example.

Now, enough about my Canadian side, lol

a little bit of Italian- Enough for a simple sentence conversation consisting of 2 sentences before people get confused.

a little bit of Greek- Not enough for a noteworthy conversation yet. Greek is my priority to learn, since Italian and French are very similar.

In my country, people need to learn Malay, English.
Since I am a Chinese, I speak and learn Chinese.
Three languages there, and due to too much TV in the past, Cantonese as well (Hong Kong)
Currently learning French from my darling, but only some sentences...

english, a two year old's grasp of spanish, and about a dozen words in german

you'd be surprised how useful spanish is when you're playing dota and one of your teammates on the us east server is from peru

英語のほかに、私は日本語とフランス語を話すことができます。Mon français est meilleur que mon japonais. However, I've been really slacking with both.

English
irish
about three years worth of French
about three years worth of german
French is definitely the stronger of the last two

English
5 years worth of German, what is your obsession with moving the verb to the end of the sentence?
Tiny bits of French that I can still remember
About two words in Japanese

Stargazing said:
English- Yes, I speak Canadian English. Canadian English exists, it's how we have mostly American words but we also add "u" to different things. Ugh, it took me a while to get used to the [color][/color] tag.
Isn't that just standard (non-American) English?

I can speak, three languages, American, Australian and English. :P

english

also I started learning japanese a few months ago

English, French and Latin

The last time I studied French and Latin was over a year ago, though.

English.

I've also had a very basic year of French in primary school, and three years of Spanish and German in secondary school but am continuing the former for the next two years.

I only remember what I knew before starting French, which is only a few words. German, I remember a variety of words but couldn't string sentences together well or with the right spelling at this point. Spanish, I could easily put together completely accurate sentences and remember a wide variety of words.

English, four years of French, and currently taking Japanese class.

Duke Devlin said:
English
5 years worth of German, what is your obsession with moving the verb to the end of the sentence?
Tiny bits of French that I can still remember
About two words in Japanese
SHINE GET!?

Yo, you're talking about Japanese.

English and barely any Chinese

only english.

And im not even good at it.

I've tried some german and spanish but it was very hard.

English, French, a little Spanish and definatly not German.

Also I'm trying to learn japanese but right now I'm simply confused more and more by it.

French (native) and English. I also learned Spanish in high school but I almost forgot everything.

Back