Any reason you're not buying more games?

Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
There's a crapton of games out there that I think I'm missing out on much. It's not because they're uninteresting games....but I lack the sufficient funds to buy barely any games at all so I have to prioritize which games I really want and which game I will buy at a later time. I need a job man

Like here are some games I'd like to try out in my life span

The Sims
The Wonderful 101
Portal

My knowledge of what games exist and what games I may enjoy are unfortunately pretty scant though I'm certain there may be a steam or indie game out there that would be interesting to me.

So I'm just curious....do any of you wish to Olay more video games bout can't do so for a reason?

I hate having a life. I have to spend my time studying things that don't matter in order to get something that matters so that I can make the things I want to be playing while spending the next three decades in debt.

Honestly though I think life just sucks in general.

Though everyone says that. Can't have everything we want I suppose. But then again it's probably for the better.

I don't have a job so I can't buy everything I want.

I just have to be choosy with the money I get from doing stuff for the local footy club and what I get for my birthday. It kind of blows that ozgameshop has increased their prices so that they can make a profit but I guess I can't blame them, I just lose a really good source for getting new games for a cheap price.

my funds are extremely limited so i've just decided to make a list of 10 games I really want and ignore everything else until I acquire all of them

at which point i'll rinse and repeat

I'm in a pretty comfortable financial situation, the main obstacle is time, I've bought Descent 3 four months ago and I've still yet to play it.

Time is the big deal for me - I've got a bunch of games already that I've barely touched just because I've been playing others or doing schoolwork I have to do, I don't really wanna add more to the pile.

Time and lack of interest is my main problem. I have so many unfinished games that I'm so close to beating (right off the top of my head, Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon are the big 3) but I just begin to lack interest in them after awhile and then I start playing another game which takes up my time. And I have a bunch of other games that I'd love to play but I've barely ever gotten around to it (namely, Sonic Colors and Viewtiful Joe). Since money's kinda tight with me so I don't really get to buy a lot of games every year but unfortunately a lot of the last ones I've bought I've never even finished so uh... oops.

Because Dota 2 is my life now. Also, I have a big enough backlog as it is.

> Most of everyone's issue is Time and Lack of Interest.

Even though I'm a busy person, I usually manage to have free time for video games. My problem is funds, as I am a College student, and I literally am having basically all of it going towards it minus a few things. I'll treat myself to about 2-5 games a year, and mostly the ones that I really badly want. I can convince/beg my parents to get me 1-2 maybe 3 games a year without it being a holiday or birthday. Other than that, I literally have no funds and I have to rely on birthday/Christmas to get the games I want, which sucks.

I mean...I got Sm4sh 3DS and Wii U and Pokemon AS as the games I'm buying myself, and I got MK8 as a present for me and my cousin (that was such a terrible idea because I spent $120 down the drain). I already coaxed my parents into getting FE:A, DKCTF, and HW (and Sims 4 but we don't pay for it; my dad just downloaded it legally for me like he did for me and my sisters with Sims 3) this past year, but there are still so many games I want that I haven't gotten, such as...

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Yoshi's New Island
New Super Luigi U
Bayonetta 2
Mario Golf World Tour
Tomodachi Life

I can tell you that I'm probably going to only get 2 of them for Christmas, and they'll probably be MGWT and YNI, maybe NSLU since it's cheap.

I tell you, if I had tons of money, I would easily have a much bigger video game collection then I have right now.

Money and interest
also you should totally play the Wonderful 101 it's amazing (except the camera)

I have no money, no job, I see lots of interesting games, and every game I do have has been beaten by either me or my sister.
^This only applies to DS and 3DS. I have yet to beat all my Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U games.

? Block said:

Though everyone says that. Can't have everything we want I suppose. But then again it's probably for the better.
it's relative

i feel pretty good about life, at least for the moment - i'm having fun in college and doing fine in all my classes

and even the worst life in america is still better than your average third-world country

AS FOR THE TOPIC

I'm not buying any more games until I play all the ones I haven't played yet on Steam (those being Half-Life 2, Metal Gear Rising, Awesomenauts, and Bioshock 2).

Ichabod Crane said:
also you should totally play the Wonderful 101 it's amazing (except the camera)

Yeah I'm still pretty interested in it today. I really need the game in my library

Javelin said:
? Block said:

it's relative

i feel pretty good about life, at least for the moment - i'm having fun in college and doing fine in all my classes

and even the worst life in america is still better than your average third-world country

Sorry to go a little off topic, but...

I have been to spots in America that are very third-world-esque via mission trips, and while it may not be as bad as third world countries, it doesn't mean that there aren't shitty places in America as well.

But I agree with Javelin. It's relative. It's also relative to you and your attitude about it. Being optimistic really helps in terrible situations, and can really make the difference, whether your having a high point or a very low point in terms of how much life seems to be affecting you. Sorry if I'm like saying stuff that may seem rather pointless as these are just words on a computer screen, but I'm sure that even in the rough times, life can still have it's shining moments. :)

Anyways, back to this...

I really don't know if Wonderful 101 is a game that I would be that interested in. I mean, yay for new Nintendo games (even though it's really more 2nd? (or is it 3rd) party), but I dunno. I mean, I know I said money is the biggest issues, but there are some games that I just don't find interesting enough to get.

Claus said:
I really don't know if Wonderful 101 is a game that I would be that interested in. I mean, yay for new Nintendo games (even though it's really more 2nd? (or is it 3rd) party), but I dunno. I mean, I know I said money is the biggest issues, but there are some games that I just don't find interesting enough to get.

I personally find beating the crap out of other people with over-the-top effects with a horde of people assembling to be weapons via the gamepad to be a very interesting mechanic

Insufficient funds and not that much very interesting games. It doesn't help that I'm not really interested in new handheld games anymore.

I'm currently in my last year of high school, so I've been fairly busy and I need to focus on it, and I don't have a source of income. Not to mention even when I do have money, my parents are adamant about me not spending it and then ask me to "borrow" it like a few months later and get mad if they find out I did spend the money I received. >__>

I will say that money wouldn't have been a huge issue if someone in my family didn't "borrow" almost all of my money without asking 6 years ago... And hasn't paid me back to this day.

I'm buying 1 or 2 games a year now, whereas I was buying 5-10 a few years ago. But I'm older and can afford a ton more. I'm not buying many games because I am enjoying replaying the many (100+) games I already have, and I could spend the money on other things I don't have.

Claus said:
> Most of everyone's issue is Time and Lack of Interest.

Even though I'm a busy person, I usually manage to have free time for video games.
I have plenty of free time for video games, I just try to complete them all and that takes time, especially considering how I favour RPGs.

This unfinished year alone, I've picked up ten games (plus four eShop games and two Virtual Console games). Out of them all, I've only completed one of the retail games (plus one of the eShop games), beaten seven (including the completed one) of them (plus that same eShop game and one of the VC games), and the remaining three retail games, three eShop games and the other Virtual Console game have yet to even be beaten. And this is not counting games unrelated to the 3DS.

So needless to say, I have my work cut out for me and purchasing more games would just mean I'd continue to be overwhelmed and stopped from finishing and completing older games.

Back