Tetris: The Movie

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
What? You say you never wanted a Tetris movie? Too bad, you're getting one anyway.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/09/30/tetris-movie/

I'm not sure how anyone could create a film adaptation of Tetris, but I'll sure be looking forward to seeing it.

What, they already have a movie for Battleship and that goddang Elf Bowling game.

Dr. Mario said:
What, they already have a movie for Battleship and that goddang Elf Bowling game.
Elf Bowling wasn't large budget, though.

Well I enjoyed the first Mortal Kombat movie so maybe this might possibly be entertaining?

ha

i'll be surprised if this ever makes it out of development hell

every so often you hear stories of dumb ideas for movies and you know what? very rarely do they ever actually make it to theaters

unfortunately a few actually do make it through, like star wars episode vii

Anna said:
ha

i'll be surprised if this ever makes it out of development hell

every so often you hear stories of dumb ideas for movies and you know what? very rarely do they ever actually make it to theaters

unfortunately a few actually do make it through, like star wars episode vii
star wars vii isn't inherently bad... i mean, they're certainly milking the cow as much as they can, but there's still the possibility it'll be a good movie

also, that pixels movie seems to be coming along pretty well, though considering it co-stars kevin james and adam sandler i don't have high hopes for it

Kasanoff’s best known for adapting the “Mortal Kombat” games to the big screen – 1995’s “Mortal Kombat” grossed $70 million according to Boxoffice Mojo, with the 1997 sequel, “Mortal Kombat: Annihilation,” grossing $35 million.

So you're saying I'd love it if I was still in 8th grade?
Alright, I'm on board.

I'm certain a movie about falling inanimate blocks opens up a new realm with all sorts of possibilities

Baby Luigi said:
I'm certain a movie about falling inanimate blocks opens up a new realm with all sorts of possibilities

Compare to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cube_(film_series)
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGDCE6Nrz0

An endless war... two warring factions... left and right. Different as night and day. Fighting a pointless war over a patch of land. Can the two sides put aside their differences and wake up from their dream?

If they can make something good out of it then go for it.

I'm not keeping my hopes up though. I probably won't ever watch it regardless of how it turns out.

This summer, you'll shit bricks, and then you'll line them up and they'll disappear.

idk something like that

Seriously? A TETRIS movie? They could make a movie out of a franchise like Zelda, and they do one about stacking BRICKS?

King Harkinian said:
Seriously? A TETRIS movie? They could make a movie out of a franchise like Zelda, and they do one about stacking BRICKS?
tetris has a better storyline than zelda

Mycroft Holmes said:
King Harkinian said:
OK then, Mr. Smartypants, what is Tetris's story about?

King Harkinian said:
Mycroft Holmes said:
King Harkinian said:
OK then, Mr. Smartypants, what is Tetris's story about?
and right here we have someone who doesn't recognize a joke when they see it

Back