Character's you think are overrated.

Lily x

Goodbye
Just say characters from games/books/films/tv/etc who you believe are overrated. Please try and keep your opinions civil though (ie. don't go into great detail in bashing a character just to piss someone off)

As for me, I think Yoshi from Mario, Shadow the hedgehog, Levi from SNK (I like him a lot, but the fanbase treat him like a perfect god) and Makoto Tachibana from Free! are all overrated characters.

(also, if there is already a thread for this, I am sorry)

"oh man petey replied to this thread i wonder who he's going to volunteer"

Four out of five trolls.

Fonzie
Elmo
Urkel

All characters whose popularity completely overshadowed the other characters.

And to a lesser extent, Strong Bad. Homestar still got attention, but significantly less than SB.

Cheese from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. He would have been better off as a one-off character. The same goes for Fred Fredburger from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, but to a lesser extent.

Lario said:
Cheese from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. He would have been better off as a one-off character. The same goes for Fred Fredburger from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, but to a lesser extent.
Agreed but reversed. I found Cheese more tolerable than Fred Fredburger.

Magikrazy said:
And to a lesser extent, Strong Bad. Homestar still got attention, but significantly less than SB.

eh homestar's personality gets on my nerves

anyway everybody knows the best character is marshie

Yoshi
Charizard
Fluttershy

I don't really know any other "overrated" characters though

Time Turner said:
I want to make a comment about Homestar but then I remember that it hasn't been updated since 2010 and then I get sad. :'(

have you seen their april fools 2014 toon

it's pretty good

Ok, some of the fan reactions to the new free! episode has further reassured my belief that Makoto is overrated.

Tsukiyama from Tokyo Ghoul
like he is a creepy french-wannabe guy with no taste in fashion yet the fangirls adore him

per Lily about Levi

he's my favorite character from the show but holy hell he isn't perfect

Link
fawful
geno
Lloyd Irving
K. rool
Captain Falcon
Goku
Broly
Ghirahim

thats all of the top of my head anyway

I don't like to use the term overrated anymore since shaming large groups of people for liking something you don't is kind of petty and arrogant. However, if I had to name someone I personally don't see the appeal of, I guess it would be Fawful. I don't really understand his popularity. He's good for a few laughs, but any more than that and it starts to wear me down quickly. Promoting the guy to main villain for BIS was a bit too much, I think.

Back