I've just been nominated for the ALS Ice Bucket challenge!

Afterstormer

Cheep Cheep
My parent's friend nominated our family to do this challenge, and we're doing it TOMMOROW! I'm going to try and endure it like a man, even though I don't like the cold. Anyway, WISH ME LUCK! :shifty:

I've been nominated, and going out with friends tomorrow. Seems as good a time as any.

Afterstormer said:
I know it's cold water but...

Afterstormer said:
I don't like the cold.
that's your biggest problem then. the cold is awesome

sometimes i wish it was 40 degrees all the time so whenever i'm bored i could just step outside and bask in the glorious sensation of cold. it's a marvelous feeling

as it is i just have my ac turned way down and i try to stick to the shade as much as possible when moving between buildings

Dr. Javelin said:
Afterstormer said:

Afterstormer said:
I don't like the cold.

sometimes i wish it was 40 degrees all the time so whenever i'm bored i could just step outside and bask in the glorious sensation of cold. it's a marvelous feeling

as it is i just have my ac turned way down and i try to stick to the shade as much as possible when moving between buildings
hahaha sorry I just find it funny that you consider 40 degrees cold.

40 degrees? Cold? Heh heh heh.

Anyways, isn't there already a thread for this...?

I actually like the cold when the weather is hot. Also... How can I pretend it's a hot tub? It's cold water man. COLD! WATER!

New Super Mario said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Afterstormer said:

Afterstormer said:
I don't like the cold.

well, 40 degrees is pleasant cold. below that it starts to get less enjoyable and more dangerous

you can't make me stand outside barefoot in the snow again, it sucks

well winters are really mild in the american south, it's really nice. all these people complain about cold when it's only 40 outside and not even windy, which is just a shame

winter's also nice because you can wear coats which are basically the best articles of clothing ever, because they have tons of pockets so i can carry all kinds of stuff

Dr. Javelin said:
New Super Mario said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Afterstormer said:

Afterstormer said:
I don't like the cold.

well, 40 degrees is pleasant cold. below that it starts to get less enjoyable and more dangerous

This conversation made me really worried about what I consider to be cold until I realized that you guys are using Fahrenheit.

Please tell me you're using Fahrenheit.

Time Turner said:
Dr. Javelin said:
New Super Mario said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Afterstormer said:

Afterstormer said:
I don't like the cold.

This conversation made me really worried about what I consider to be cold until I realized that you guys are using Fahrenheit.

Please tell me you're using Fahrenheit.
farenheit's nice, we basically just measure how cold/warm it is by 10s of degrees

so 70 is perfect (for most people), 100 is stupidly hot and 0 is pretty darn cold

Oh yeah, 40 degrees Celsius is freezing y'know, my daily routine I'm at about 80 degrees Celsius lately.

Celsius is much better, since it actually has base points
0 is water freezing, 100 is water boiling
Fahrenheit doesn't exactly have a scale like that afaik

32-water freezes, 212-water boils. Simple enough.

Time Turner said:
Celsius is better for measurement, but Fahrenheit seems better for casual discussion, at least from what I've seen.
yeah, pretty much

whenever we're doing science and stuff we use celsius anyways so it's not like we're a bunch of backwards idiots clinging to our old traditions

or at least not in that sense

Back