Author Topic: Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.  (Read 91422 times)

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
  • Fine! I'll be happy to...NOT TELL YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.
« Reply #1360 on: April 09, 2019, 08:33:58 PM »
Some of those matchups are disputed at length, but I do suppose some pro Smashers disagree and put Kirby at a whopping ... 24th.
Doesn't matter to me.  At least he's above Mr. Intentionally Weak Joke.

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself

• Yup. Deeper in Hell than any furry, that's for sure. I'd recommend not visiting ever.
  • Lakitu
  • SuperDoom
  • Can YOU read my avatar?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 09, 2019, 11:27:23 PM »
Some of those matchups are disputed at length, but I do suppose some pro Smashers disagree and put Kirby at a whopping ... 24th.
I'm a 14-year-old gamer who used to be inactive.
FLASH BRIEFING: Atari and AtGames rename Atari Flashback 10 to "Atari 2600 Mini" and removes 84 games; reception is more positive than ever

LeftyGreenMario

• Do not show the embarrassing CPU scores during the battle.
  • Donkey Kong
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #1362 on: April 09, 2019, 11:34:45 PM »
Tier list is probably wildly inaccurate, don't trust any lists you see until several months after release.

and just don't obsess about those dang things either, exactly my point that people put waaaaay too much weight in that *bleep*
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 11:37:21 PM by LeftyGreenMario »

a furry

• Yes, furry... but only one the first level. Not going down deeper in hell, ain't I?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Creatures with thin things on their skin I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 09, 2019, 11:43:58 PM »
Tier list is probably wildly inaccurate, don't trust any lists you see until several months after release in general

And I repeat, Mac is not a bad character.

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #1364 on: April 09, 2019, 11:47:53 PM »
mac can still whoop your ass especially if you have matchup inexperience, you wouldn't do well to underestimate any character by competent players really

none of you are ultra competitive schlubs either, so tier lists don't apply whatever, and tier lists are complete moot in items high time match 8 player stage morph team battle friendly fire

but kirby is still terrible in melee, and game & watch feels outright busted in the wrong way like with his nonexistent shield and some moves being unable to be l-canceled
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 11:51:28 PM by LeftyGreenMario »

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: April 09, 2019, 11:49:26 PM »
in the matches i play in, idk, your character's viability in 1v1 tournaments won't magically grant him an extra shield against 7 other fighters, Deoxy's Hyper Beam, Kyogre's hydro pump, exploding blast boxes, and a dead yellow devil. all at once.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 09, 2019, 11:50:34 PM »

Pichu is not Mr. Intentionally Weak Joke in Ultimate.

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #1367 on: April 09, 2019, 11:52:56 PM »
no one is, really, but it's pretty sad that in melee bowser and kirby rival pichu in terms of top class weakness too; nothing about bowser feels right in melee, so he's not fun in casual play either

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 09, 2019, 11:53:52 PM »
he does feel like a beast ohkoing Kirby in 2.0 ratio in venom hahaha
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

MnSG

• Shine Sprite
  • Cosmic Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 10, 2019, 07:37:41 AM »

Very inaccurate when you realize that King K. Rool, Charizard, and Mr. Game & Watch are considered to be very terrible. And yes, you really have to separate the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon this time.

Marie

• The best squid girl
  • Dry Bowser
  • Luigi 64DD
  • If you find any good Marie fanart, send it here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 10, 2019, 04:06:20 PM »
I like tier lists because they provide relatively accurate rankings for the general consensus of the competitive Smash community even if they aren't to be taken as scientific law. Of course, the older a game is, the more accurate its tier list is. Also, tier lists don't mean much for 80 - 90% of Smash players since character superiority really only matters at very high levels of play. I like looking at tier lists because they're interesting even though mean nothing for my gameplay.

Also I'm pleased that some of my mains such as Young Link and Ness happen to be high tier in most current Ultimate tier lists (of course, them being high-tier does not affect whether or not they are my mains).   

Credit to several artists for my avatars, see this post. Also click the above image for nice music!
Userpage | Ask | Art

winstein

• Shine Sprite
  • Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 11, 2019, 02:01:34 AM »
Image posters of newcomers should also include Assist Trophy characters of the game the newcomer is first playable in. Fighters are guaranteed to be included with the newcomer like a welcoming ceremony, so I figured that Assist Trophy characters could feasibly be included too.

Thank you for reading.
(Credit goes to Alex95 for this signature)

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #1372 on: April 11, 2019, 05:22:12 PM »
Also I'm pleased that some of my mains such as Young Link and Ness happen to be high tier in most current Ultimate tier lists (of course, them being high-tier does not affect whether or not they are my mains).
I guess they're perceived as "good" but all Smash Ultimate tier lists you currently see are inaccurate, so take any you see on the Internet with a grain of salt.

saltypepper

• ain't nothin like a funky beat
  • Monty Mole
  • aaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 15, 2019, 01:44:21 AM »
I don't know if this opinion is necessarily unpopular but I hope Olimar gets nerfed or at the very least everyone in the cast gets buffed in hopes that dealing with Olimar is easier because dealing with that little dude is annoying as hell.
play smash ultimate it's really good

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 15, 2019, 01:55:20 AM »
Inkling needs a nerf.  Period.

Shy Guy on Wheels

• Definitely on Wheels
  • King Bowser
  • Octagon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 15, 2019, 03:24:36 AM »
git gud

I hate nerfs because instead of making more characters viable, it just stops characters from being viable. Unless a character is OP there shouldn't be any nerfs, and in this case both Olimar and Inkling require a lot of skill to learn, and at their best are just powerful, not overpowered. So that brings me back to first thing I said:

Get Good

Learn the match-up, practise against them in arenas and offline, but don't call for nerfs just because you can't beat the character.

If anything I'd like to see some buffs to characters who are bad such as Little Mac and King K. Rool.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:47:17 AM by Shy Guy on Wheels »

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 15, 2019, 10:43:22 AM »
git gud

I hate nerfs because instead of making more characters viable, it just stops characters from being viable. Unless a character is OP there shouldn't be any nerfs, and in this case both Olimar and Inkling require a lot of skill to learn, and at their best are just powerful, not overpowered. So that brings me back to first thing I said:

Get Good

Learn the match-up, practise against them in arena's and offline, but don't call for nerfs just because you can't beat the character.

If anything I'd like to see some buffs to characters who are bad such as Little Mac and King K. Rool.
Brawl Minus?

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself

• Yup. Deeper in Hell than any furry, that's for sure. I'd recommend not visiting ever.
  • Lakitu
  • SuperDoom
  • Can YOU read my avatar?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 15, 2019, 11:31:12 AM »
git gud

Get Good

Learn the match-up, practise against them in arena's and offline, but don't call for nerfs just because you can't beat the character.

The best Brawl hack to ever exist?
FTFY
I'm a 14-year-old gamer who used to be inactive.
FLASH BRIEFING: Atari and AtGames rename Atari Flashback 10 to "Atari 2600 Mini" and removes 84 games; reception is more positive than ever

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #1378 on: April 15, 2019, 03:44:41 PM »
*post*
I hate nerfs, but we certainly didn't need to give buffs to that contemptible electric rabies-ravaged fur corpse, but they gave it buffs anyway.

a furry

• Yes, furry... but only one the first level. Not going down deeper in hell, ain't I?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Creatures with thin things on their skin I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 15, 2019, 03:48:59 PM »
*bleep*ing make Pichu a bit heavier.