Author Topic: OFFICIAL 'SHROOM AWARDS V CEREMONY  (Read 14304 times)

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL 'SHROOM AWARDS V CEREMONY
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 04:05:56 PM »
congrats smb
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Thanos, Brian and Commander Riker's Wild Infinity Ride

• fUn iSn'T sOmEtHiNg oNe cOnSiDeRs wHeN bAlaNcInG tHe uNiVeRsE
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Kingbowser99
  • iT's nEvEr OgRe 8-DDDD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 04:06:55 PM »
awesome story edo <3

well done smb!

Duskull

• The Most British Guy Here
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 04:07:04 PM »
Well done.

Nyrie

• Power Star
  • Nysic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 04:07:12 PM »
Congrats, SMB!

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 04:07:52 PM »
I was right.

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 04:07:58 PM »
edo, that was glorious. 10/10 presentation

and good job smb!! i knew you'd do it

and hella, trifecta

Shy​ Guy

• *bleep*poster
  • Banned
  • Power Star
  • Shy Guy Forever
  • mostly afk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 04:08:55 PM »
Congrats, smb!
I think that Mario Party 1 and 4 should have been rated M.

Anton

• Froppy
  • #mwchat Admin
  • Power Star
  • Hypnotoad
  • kero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 04:09:10 PM »
I've been working to lure people into my basement all day.

It's all for you, SMB.  It's all for you.  :')

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy NOISEMASTER comin' up on you LIVE from RHYTHM RIDGE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 04:10:18 PM »
S7: Favourite Guest Writer

Hello, and welcome to S7: Favourite Guest Writer! I decided to write this award because I'd been doing Veteran Writer or something like that for a few years in a row and wanted to change it up a little bit.

So, without further ado, here's a very slight variation on the same thing I've been doing for three years!

"It became rather chaotic to know when to play because some of the dates were actually not respected."
~ Cirdec, 2013

Cirdec looked back on the Mario Kart 7 and Pokémon tournaments in the Winner's Circle section of Issue LXXVIII, offering his point of view on how the tournaments went and suggestions as to how to improve them in future.

"The author suggests to drink a pot of coffee and eat a large meal before attempting to read this article in one go."
~ Gamefreak75, 2013

Gamefreak compared the Kirby and Mario series with each other in Issue LXXV's Kirby vs. Mario, though I don't see what else he'd be doing in a section with that name. In the same issue (the theme for said issue being "Stuff Gamefreak75 Likes") he also wrote both a TV Tomorrow section and Cooking Guide section in the same Issue, but they didn't put that in the dossier because Fake News doesn't matter. :'( Please vote us for Favourite Sub-Team, if we lost to something like Fun Stuff I'd actually cry. Not tears, but blood.

"Learn from our mistakes and make next year less of an initial *bleep*pie, I guess."
~ Groden, 2013

Groden, also known as Necromorph or basically anything else, is a Pigman. I have proven this point scientifically by including a number of images in the above rectangle that imply this. He hosted a TF2 Tournament last year and then he wrote something about it in Issue LXXVIII, giving his thoughts on how the whole thing went.

"Depending on what time it is when you read this, good morning, good afternoon, good evening or what are you doing here, go to sleep."
~ Lakituthequick, 2013

LTQ hosted a Mario Kart 7 tournament for last year's Awards Ceremony and summed up what happened i said tournament, and gave his thoughts on how smoothly everything went in Issue LXXVIII's MK7 Tournament Thoughts. He also created a 3D model of Waluigi's Taco Stand for Issue LXXV's Music & Artwork, which was on the dossier because it's perfectly fine if we forget about the Fake News, but, oh no, can't forget Music and Artwork.

"Thank you for your interest, or even if you are not interested, then for at least taking the time and reading this!"
~ Palkia47, 2013

Palkia47 showed up in Issue LXXV to advertise the Generation V Pokémon tournament he and Smasher hosted last year, in the Pokémon Tournament section. In what will go down in history as quite a bold move, he didn't show up after the tournament to talk about how badly it went, unlike pretty much everyone else in this list so far. Unfortunately, I couldn't manage to find a quote that portrayed him in a particularly bad light, but oh well. Maybe next year, eh?

"Aw snap, you know who it is! It's your boy TheFreshPrince aka Anti-Malware Man aka S-Y aka 2fast2fresh aka pirplemontage aka ok I'm done, bringing you the daily fresh chronicles with round 3 about to start up in here!"
~ TheFreshPrince, 2013

Super-Yoshi, also known as TheFreshPrince for reasons which will become obvious soon, first shot to fame by landing a starring role in a 90s sitcom that could be described as "fresh". That's right, it's Everybody Loves Raymond. After this, TFP wrote The Re-Freshed Paper Mario back in Issue LXXXI, a review of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. This was a follow-up to a guest section he wrote last year, which was a review of the first Paper Mario, and he's just reviewed Super Paper Mario as well.

"Pencil sketch of a Lakitu."
~ Smg2daisy, 2013

Smg2daisy has done four Sketches Related to Mario over the past year. I'd definitely suggest checking them all out, and looking out for more in the future. In other news, I'm starting to wonder where this quote idea is actually getting me.

"We have a lot of talent here in our newsletter, and it is always exciting to see what we will be publishing every month and the enthusiasm behind it."
~ Super Mario Bros., 2013

Super Mario Bros. was previously co-director of The 'Shroom (alongside Tucayo) and also a global mod, Wiki Sysop, chat operator, etc. He also says 'a!' quite a lot. In Issue LXXXI, he wrote Thank You, a section where he thanked everyone who had worked with him on the 'Shroom in the past. He also collaborated with Tucayo in Issue LXXXII's Tucky and SMB Discuss, where they both discussed their Wiki history.

"One would think after years of work I'd have money in my funds. Well, I don't!"
~ Tucayo, 2014

I called him 'the veteran' because I thought 'bad at retiring' wasn't nice enough. Either way, Tucayo, alongside SMB, was the previous co-director, as well as a load of other things around here. He collaborated with SMB in Issue LXXXII's Tucky and SMB Discuss, where they both discussed their Wiki history. He also wrote a guest edition of Ask Tucayo in Issue LXXXII.

"Incidentally, I probably should have drawn something like this for December instead, but what can you do? Maybe I'll draw something else then."
~ Turboo, 2013

Before becoming Sub-Director, Turb also drew a Sketch Related to Mario for Issue LXXX's Palette Swap section. His sketch consisted of Goombario and a mug of what I'm hoping is coffee, but it could also be hot chocolate. I don't have enough context to go making wild assumptions like that.

So, you've met the candidates, but, most importantly, who has won? That's what I probably should have spent more time on!

Turboo and Cirdec both got no votes, so came sixth.

In fifth place, with one vote, was Groden.

In joint fourth place, with a drastically larger two votes, were Lakituthequick, Smg2daisy and Super Mario Bros.!

Palkia47 and Gamefreak75 came third, with three votes each.

Coming in at second with six votes to his name was Tucayo.

And therefore, in first place, with 7 votes, is Super-Yoshi! This is the freshest result I've seen all week. And I made iced tea this week. And let me tell you, that was pretty fresh.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote for the Fake News, even though it's too late now!

Spoiler: S7 Detailed Results (click to show/hide)

Superchao is up next with S4: Favorite Sub-Team Director!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 04:14:25 PM by Hilary Briss »

Tuxedo Ridley

• Mindless Junk's Finest Attorney
  • Power Star
  • Vommack
  • DID SOMEBODY SAY "SUE"?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2014, 04:10:44 PM »
I wonder if Edo will take Best Dressed again this year
Have you seen GameFreak's bow tie? Edo has some serious competition.
Please, my tux has that category all wrapped up.
I'm legally obligated to mention that Lumastar came up with my name.

skulldug3

• Ha is octodad on your head yo
  • Hammer Bro.
  • skulldug13
  • My conscience upgraded into psychic
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2014, 04:10:50 PM »
That was awesome, great job.

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2014, 04:12:09 PM »
Yeah for 0 vote.

Kurapika Kurta

• The Chain *bleep*
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Gabumon
  • "Take that, Mr. Eyeballs!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 04:12:36 PM »
16:06   Fatass_Neptune   nice job edo!
16:06   Nabber   this award is glorious
16:06   Nabber   edo i'm proud
16:06   Fatass_Neptune   even though he won't see this

I

SEE

EVERYTHING!!!

"To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation."
 --G. C. Lichtenberg

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 04:13:40 PM »
OPEN THE DOOR
GET ON THE FLOOR
EVERYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR

Duskull

• The Most British Guy Here
  • Wiki Administrator
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 04:14:11 PM »
Well done Super-Yoshi

skulldug3

• Ha is octodad on your head yo
  • Hammer Bro.
  • skulldug13
  • My conscience upgraded into psychic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2014, 04:14:19 PM »
Slender man just wants love........

POP

• PrincessOfPeaches
  • King Bowser
  • PrincessOfPeaches
  • Oh, did I win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2014, 04:14:28 PM »
Congratulations SMB and Super-Yoshi! Well done! ^^

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2014, 04:14:42 PM »
well earned tfp, well earned

Thanos, Brian and Commander Riker's Wild Infinity Ride

• fUn iSn'T sOmEtHiNg oNe cOnSiDeRs wHeN bAlaNcInG tHe uNiVeRsE
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Kingbowser99
  • iT's nEvEr OgRe 8-DDDD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2014, 04:15:04 PM »
16:06   Fatass_Neptune   nice job edo!
16:06   Nabber   this award is glorious
16:06   Nabber   edo i'm proud
16:06   Fatass_Neptune   even though he won't see this

I

SEE

EVERYTHING!!!
wait who's that i'm not in chat :???:

Miu Iruma

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • the ultimate in inventioneering
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2014, 04:15:07 PM »
Hello, 'Shroom readers, and welcome to the presentation for S4: Favorite Sub-Team Director! I'm the 'Shroom Director Superchao, who you may remember from such films like Directing and Directing 2: Direct-To-DVD. They were not big hits. What went over at least moderately well was my presentation style last year, in which I talked things over with Super Mario Bros. Unfortunately, as I'm the 'Shroom Director this year, I don't have anyone to talk it over with.

Except myself!

Blocky: Hello, Perch! Glad to have you here with us today.
Perch: Thanks, Blocky, and I must say I'm glad to be here. You're looking good.
Blocky: Haha, you too. But enough about me: Let's talk about the nominees! Placing in last, with zero votes, we have... an impressive six-way tie between Fawfulfury65, FunkyK38, Marioguy1, Ralphfan, Volke, and Warioloaf!
Perch: You know, some of those I can understand as being chalked up to how long ago they were. Warioloaf did create the Fake News, but he only directed it for the first three issues all the way back in 2007. By the same token, Volke was a solid sub-team director for Fun Stuff, and yet he never did anything really standout.
Perch: On the other hand, I'm a bit surprised that no one voted for the current Palette Swap Director (Funky), or Ralph.
Blocky: Gotta agree there. Despite Ralph's... iffy exit from the 'Shroom, he was, by all accounts, a solid Fake News director during the year and a half he spent in that job - and he introduced several new sections in the process. You'd expect someone to give him credit for that.
Perch: Maybe he just didn't get enough good memories in the people who did vote to make them place him over others.
Blocky: For that matter, neither did Marioguy, did he? I mean he was Pipe Plaza Director for what, a year? On the other hand, he wasn't the most active staff member...
Perch: Yup, Marioguy had a bit of an issue with activity. It eventually led to him getting co-directed and then replaced entirely, and when he tried reviving the Shroom Spotlight it fell into inactivity almost immediately. I'd imagine that wouldn't score him any points.
Blocky: Right you are, as I'd expect from myself. As for Fawfulfury65, from what I remember, she was another "solid but unremarkable" director like Volke, this time of Palette Swap. With that, I think we might as well start moving on to people who did get votes!
Blocky: Fifth place is another tie, this one three-way. Confused, Gamefreak75, and Stooben Rooben all got one vote to land here.
Perch: While Stooben's done a lot for the 'Shroom, I'll be fair and admit that most of what he did he accomplished as the Director or after he was Director. Fake News Director Stooben... well, he kept the Fake News going, but other than that I can't think of much.
Blocky: Gotta agree there. As for Confused... what'd he do again?
Perch: Well, he had a very short tenure as Fake News Director, and like WarioLoaf it was back near the start of the paper. But, unlike WarioLoaf, he allowed other people to write for a Sub-Team rather than doing it all himself. So basically, one of the foundations of the 'Shroom in the future.
Blocky: I guess nobody voted for him because nobody remembered that! Gamefreak75 had the longest run in Fun Stuff (which has had quite a bit of turnover in recent times), and other than... huh, can't think of much of anything. Maybe I should move on.
Perch: Maybe you should.
Blocky: Right then! Fourth place is ANOTHER tie, between four people this time - Marshal Dan Troop, Palkia47, Paper Yoshi, and Smasher.
Perch: I gotta feel sorry for Packy. Poor guy's been stuck with a Critic Corner that has barely any consistent writers, to the point where we've had months without any Critic Corner at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been hampered in doing anything by just trying to keep it afloat.
Perch: As for Shoey... Shoey had a short term, honestly. But he sure made an impression during that term from what I remember. Probably because Shoey tends to make an impression in everything.
Blocky: That he does. Meanwhile, Paper Yoshi is yet another current staffer, this time of Pipe Plaza... well, co-director now.
Perch: Yup! Paper Yoshi currently co-directs with Yoshi876, and he's been in charge for an impressively long time - all the way back since April 2012. While he's been a long runner, there's not too much notable about him as far as I can remember.
Blocky: And considering I'm his boss, I'd imagine I'd remember something. Sorry, dude!
Perch: To wrap this up, Smasher was the Palette Swap director for most of 2012 after Fawfulfury left her position, and then the Fun Stuff director for the last quarter of 2013. Gotta admit, it's hard to come up with anything for him either - it doesn't help that Palette Swap, well, rarely has anything significant.
Blocky: It'd probably help if I had the same sort of in-depth knowledge my fellow commentator did last year, wouldn't it. Anyhow, time for third place... with three votes, Super Mario Bros!
Perch: Having been a sub-team director both before and after his legendary three terms of Director, SMB's been around the block. In fact, he got his start in the 'Shroom as the first Palette Swap director waaay back in late 2009. Not only that, but he quickly went on to create Pipe Plaza and serve as its first director too!
Perch: Heck, in late 2010 he co-directed both Pipe Plaza and Palette Swap at the same time, just to make sure they both kept going fine. And he only left after being elected to the position of overall 'Shroom Director.
Blocky: Don't forget his recent return to direct Fun Stuff this year, in which he even overhauled the layout of the sub-team to make it look much neater (as part of an overall sub-team redesign process.) Overall, I can say SMB has earned his third place. But it seems like the voters don't think he's done as much as the next two...
Blocky: The second place finisher being MrConcreteDonkey, the current Fake News Director - and he's been that way for quite a while!
Perch: In fact, I'm pretty sure MCD has set a record for longest continous tenure as Sub-Team Director, what with being Fake News Director since September 2011. For that matter, once we hit September/October this year, MCD will break SMB's record for longest tenure in one job in the entire 'Shroom staff.
Perch: And considering how Fake News is consistently one of the favorite parts of the 'Shroom, he's gotta be doing something right.
Blocky: Looks like the voters agree with me, too! But they've placed him below the next person, our S4 winner for the year...
Blocky: Crocodile Dippy!
Perch: Dippy's big claim to fame is, of course, her creation of Critic Corner back in 2012. One of the most popular subteams - helped in part by her very popular reviews - Critic Corner's often been stated as one of the best decisions we made.
Perch: Despite CC's recent lack of content this year, the sub-team's still quite well known, and Dippy's tenure as director was a very good time for it. It's no wonder she got seven votes, enough to propel her into first place.
Blocky: And a well-deserved first place it is. So with that, I say, congratulations Dippy! And I'll see you again for S8!

Spoiler: S4 DETAILED RESULTS (click to show/hide)

Yoshi876 is up next with S6: Favorite New Writer!

"Roll like a tank, hit like a... decommissioned tank."