Author Topic: Minecraft Games 2 - Completely Finished! Results & Tokens Up!  (Read 15459 times)

Pyro

• Power Star
    • View Profile

~THIS TIME WITH SLIME BLOCKS~

It's that time of year again! Minecraft Games 2! Electric Boogaloo!

Everyone knows Minecraft, surely. It's a game about mining and crafting and uploading Youtube videos and preposterous tomfoolery. The best thing though is coordinated tomfoolery. In the Minecraft Games, you can play fun games and earn tokens, too! In 17 different events. Lakituthequick and I will be your wonderful hosts that you should worship respect. Now I bet you're excited about those seventeen events, but first some info.

Info!
WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG YOU *bleep*ING *bleep*HEADS
We put loving care into this. :-*

When will this event take place?
Currently there is no set date, but it's very likely that it will start a few days from now. Times can be worked out. The events will be spread out over three to four days.

How many events can I sign up for?
There's no limit. Sign up for one or all!

What version will you guys be playing on?
We will be playing on the latest 1.8 snapshot. At the time of this writing, the current snapshot is 14w31a.

How can I use snapshots?
In the launcher, go to your profile, edit it, and click on the checkbox next to "Enable experimental development versions (snapshots)" and make sure your profile is set to "Use latest version".

What does the server look like?
Screenshots will be below the signups in a spoiler box.

Are there any requirements for signing up?
No. But when you sign up, tell us your Minecraft username so we can add it to the server whitelist.

Are freestyle signups allowed?
Freestyle signups are when someone comes in and plays a game they didn't sign up for in advance. This was present last year. I don't really care as long as you don't try to be a ninth person when most games are only intended for eight people. This can be changed, though.

What about token rewards?
For sure there will be tokens, but that has not been worked out yet. Chances are it will be similar to last year.

Where can I find last year's Games?
Right here.

Will there be a statue to worship Lord Poochy?
Unfortunately, no. But he lives on in our hearts.

OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS
That's not a question. Whaatevvverr.
Tokens
Screenshots (White Mage)
Screenshots (Pyro)

Events!
Currently they're sorted by type, but once they have been spread out across the days I'll reorganize.

Player vs. Player - Duke it out against other players in an incredibly large arena. The arena, unlike last year, has been randomly generated and is now just like normal Minecraft. No flat terrain here!
Random Weapons Arena - Get up to five weapons from a pool and duke it out in an emerald arena. During the fight, you might find some random drops to help you out, such as apples and arrows.
Capture the Block - Battle and set out to capture the other team's colored block. Like PvP, this arena is randomly generated.

Redstone Contraption Contest - Harness your inner redstone (what?) and build crazy, impressive contraptions. A time limit will be in place, as with the other contests.
Sprite Art Contest - Build ridiculously large chibi figures for eight hours on end - ER I mean, build sprite art in Minecraft...ha...ha...
House Building Contest - Build your dream home, or maybe a house that explodes, or one with a Chicken Jockey security system, or something. Make it impressive!
MarioWiki User Build - Build sprites of MarioWiki users. You can build any user from yours truly to Smasher.

Spleef - A classic game that TFP totally invented, destroy the snow under your opponents' feet with shovels. At least three rounds will be played. Last one standing wins!
TNT Spleef - Formerly known as "Hardcore Spleef", shoot flaming arrows at the TNT floor and cause the primed TNT to fall into an ENDLESS DEADLY VOID. As with the previous, at least three rounds will be played, and the last one standing wins.
Layered Spleef - It's Spleef, but with layers! Surprise, surprise.

Standard Race - Get Speed II and race through a track filled with boulders, cobwebs and slime blocks. There will  be more than one lap.
Pig Race - Hop on a piggy and race through an obstacle course! Hope that pig doesn't get too out of control. After you've finished, you can kill your pig.
Horse Race - You like horses? Well, race with them! Is there anything else to say...?
Boat Race - Race...in boats. Woah.

Monster Arena - Fight mobs for glory. Unlike last year, this year's arena features changing terrain, including ice, water and breakable settings. There may or may not be a boss fight at the end. The person with the most kills wins!
Castle of Doom - Explore a huge, two-floor castle filled with platforming, puzzles and mob fighting! Collect special pickaxes to break certain blocks, explore various locales such as a water dungeon and library, and collect as many gold nuggets as you can before time runs out!
Shopping List - Explore a randomly generated area and hunt for specific items! Your list will be in a book. The more items you collect, the better you place!

Thanks to Toadbert and Uniju for their list of ideas, as some of them have been used.

Signups!
Italics means the user may not make it.
Spoiler: Building Contests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spleef (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Misc. (click to show/hide)

Screenshots!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks, and have fun!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:49:50 PM by Pyro »

skulldug3

• Ha is octodad on your head yo
  • Hammer Bro.
  • skulldug13
  • My conscience upgraded into psychic
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Games 2 - Sign-Ups Open!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 11:05:07 AM »
I want to sign up for all!

Yoshi K

• Not an idiot... Maybe
  • Shine Sprite
  • Come with me if you want cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 11:14:34 AM »
All spleef and PvP

Minecraft username is TheFireball019
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:24:19 AM by Meloetta »

He would talk in that ear-grating voice until the other fighters fall off the stage.

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 11:16:47 AM »
man i wish i knew more about minecraft so i could play this. it looks fun

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 11:20:37 AM »
Tokens?

TOKENS?!?!?!?

Tokens!

Pyro

• Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 11:30:10 AM »
What events will you do? Or does this mean that you'll do whatever event you can attend?

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »
Or does this mean that you'll do whatever event you can attend?

Precisely that

Drift

• christmas in july?
  • Banned
  • Shine Sprite
  • Driftmaster130
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 11:36:40 AM »
Sign me up for PVP, TNT Spleef, and CTB. My username is driftmaster130. (also are we allowed to change our mind/drop out? I have other plans this coming week but I might be able to do it based on the dates)
has Drift finally lost his *bleep*? or is he once again pretending that his brother is using his account? will little Ricky be reunited with Lucy?

tune in next time for the exciting adventures of: Drift: A Bleepposting Tale

Pyro

• Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 11:43:08 AM »
(also are we allowed to change our mind/drop out? I have other plans this coming week but I might be able to do it based on the dates)
Of course.

Uniju

• Star Spirit
    • View Profile
    • uniju.com
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 03:53:40 PM »
I'm a little worried that I don't see any times and dates here but sign me up for everything, yo. My Minecraft username is just Uniju, same as last year.
This signature officially occupied by the taste of ginger since August 14th, 2009.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.

Yoshi K

• Not an idiot... Maybe
  • Shine Sprite
  • Come with me if you want cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 04:54:03 PM »
Random Weapons and Capture the Block too.

He would talk in that ear-grating voice until the other fighters fall off the stage.

Javelin

• Level 5 Ranger
  • Donkey Kong
  • Dr. Javelin
  • Nathan Latsk
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia Page
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »
sounds interesting, although i might not be able to make it. depends on the time, obviously

username's DoctorJavelin

Pyro

• Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 05:28:04 PM »
sounds interesting, although i might not be able to make it. depends on the time, obviously

username's DoctorJavelin
What are you signing up for?

Javelin

• Level 5 Ranger
  • Donkey Kong
  • Dr. Javelin
  • Nathan Latsk
    • View Profile
    • Userpedia Page
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 05:29:32 PM »
anything i can get into

i really need to know the times to know what i can and can't do, but anything other than racing seems like fun

Chiaki Oogaki

• Outdoor Activities Club President
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Power Star
  • Super-Yoshi
  • Aki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 05:40:59 PM »
rup

hee heehee hee

SKmarioman

• King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 01:49:59 AM »
Sprite Art, MarioWiki User Build, Spleef and Layered Spleef.

Really my participation rate depends on the days, I'm available from any time (in UTC) from 6AM Friday to 11AM Sunday, since I can stay up late on weekends, though if any of these events take place outside this time frame I still might be able to participate, it depends on the time though.
"Our soup of the day is chicken noodle" "Is there wavedashing in the soup?"
"Excuse m-" "Can the crackers l-cancel?"

BEEEEEAAARRRS

• 658 pieces
  • Power Star
  • Toadbert101
  • how about a rousing game of pool
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 02:31:52 AM »
ill probably be on for everything if scheduling works out, my name is still Toadbert

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 03:27:55 AM »
PikminII

all of them

Rintarou Okabe

• Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 03:36:04 AM »
schedules plz

Pyro

• Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 07:43:59 AM »
I'll hold on updating the signups until times get worked out. We're very close to finishing (two events left), so days and times will be discussed. I'll update once we've decided.