Kong: Skull Island

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Legendary Pctures is developing a King Kong movie.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/legendary-skull-island-movie-1201269540/

You know what other movie Legendary Pictures did? Godzilla. You know what's the most financially successful Godzilla film adjusted for inflation? King Kong vs. Godzilla.

Let's see how this develops.

Between this, Godzilla 2014 and its sequels, along with Pacific Rim and its sequel, the age of Kaiju films may be upon us.

And I'm loving every damn minute of it.

Re: Skull Island

let's just hope it goes over better than peter jackson's attempt at a king kong movie

Dr. Javelin said:
let's just hope it goes over better than peter jackson's attempt at a king kong movie
what was wrong with that? i haven't seen it, but it got good reviews

anyway, i'll reserve judgement until we get a director or screenwriter announced.

Based on what I'm seeing, it's not so much a Kong movie as it is a film about Skull Island. May or may not be related to the Jackson film.

Kong will likely appear, but I don't know in what capacity.

Haven't posted here in awhile. This is going to be the second film in Legendary's kaiju cinematic universe. It takes place in the 70s IIRC and will star Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, John Goodman, and others. Kong will go on to fight Godzilla in Godzilla vs. Kong. Other monsters will no doubt show up. Whether or not their new or classic remains to be seen. I'd love it if Kong ended up fighting someone like Baragon.

Hope we get a trailer around Comic Con.

Back