Customisable Moves, what do you think of them?

I think they'll be fun to use casually but I never considered them competitively because of the time it would take to set up custom movesets. Until I saw this video
I guess it showed me that I should keep an open mind on them, but I want to know what other opinions on custom movesets are (and the restrictions of them as well, not being able to use them with strangers online, etc.)

I like them, they mean battles against your friends using the same character could be different, which is definitely a good idea in my book. Disallowing them against strangers makes some sense, though less so than the disallowing of Miis online.

Plus custom moves makes four-player Falcon battles all the greater in this game and I look forward to the variations of the Falcon Punch especially. :dk:

Recently subbed to him. I'm a big fan of his videos (the Ridley one in particular). It's like GameXplain, but if they knew more about the competitive side of things.

His intro is catchy as hell as well.

Whether they're allowed in tournaments will depend on the moves themselves. As we can see, most of them are just the same move with some different properties/effects.

Palutena and the Miis are the odd ones out because all of their options are radically different.

I love the idea so much. I actually made a thread about Interchangable Movesets a long while ago that was similar to this idea (Though admittedly probably far better and easier then the idea I had in the thread) and I really think this could lengthen the game's replay value more so then any previous Smash game. And all 3 of the previous games on their own have fun gameplay enough for Replay Value even with just default movesets. Can you imagine all the possibilities each character has?

For each of the 34 regular fighters we have confirmed. They have a total of 36 possible combinations EACH. That is a grand total of 1224 special moveset combinations from just those.

But you also have Palutena and the Mii Fighters who are on a completely special Customization level. More so the Mii Fighters. But Palutena also has 36 combinations, but all her moves are different instead of just them being varations of the same move. The Mii Fighters have this as well but not JUST that. Their is three different types of Miis between Gunners, Brawlers, and Swordsmen. But their hitboxes, speed, and strength depend on the height you give the Miis. The customization that the Mii Fighters are astronomical compared to even the combinations all the other fighters have.

And of course we still don't know all the fighters yet! So many combinations to try out. For those willing to experiment and analyze every little fighting combination possible within their Smash Bros games. This is an absolute goldmine.

Back