Dota 2

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
So I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this, but this is the game that's slowly been taking over the MW community.
dota-2-logo.jpg

This is a PC game that's based off RTS and RPG where you control one hero on a team of five and try to defeat another team of five heroes. It's known for being a extremely difficult but ridiculously fun game if you get into it (I just hit 100+ hours last night).

Anyways, what are you guys' favorite heroes? I personally like playing as either a support like Crystal Maiden or a ganker like Nyx Assassin and Slark.

I'm still figuring out which characters I function best with, but so far I enjoy Windranger and Slark's playstyles.

bumping thread since this is the only dota 2 thread on the boards and is now live baby (not baby simones)!! i dont play ranked cuz im scared but im the 2nd best player i know

haha it's been so long since i made this thread

I recently hit 3k mmr after working really hard to pull up from where I calibrated (pretty sure the lowest I ever got to was 1.9k). I play mid 90% of the time, and the other 10% I play Enigma.

I made 3k by playing only Ember Spirit for about fifty games, he's easily my favorite hero and I'm considering playing only him (currently have 176 games on Ember Spirit, 66.48% winrate, 5.59 KDA). Other heroes I'm pretty successful on are Kunkka and Brewmaster, although I haven't played Brewmaster since the latest round of nerfs from 6.83.

Here's my Dotabuff.

nice i only play with a bunch of my friends but we lose like 75% of our games :dk:

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/42963216

you have 100 games more than me but i only have 10 heroes with 1 game or less but u got like 50 (but your 4th most played is more than my most played lol)

i like ember spirit, did 6.81 nerf him bad or just from competitive? ive been out of the loop for like 8 months. i played a game of him yesterday he still seems very strong :peach:

Post 6.81 you can't go Q+W Ember Spirit, you have to max Flame Guard first. Otherwise he's unchanged.

play as sven or lion, dragonfreak. They're two of the easiest to learn.

DragonFreak said:
Hey Javelin is there any guides on how to play each hero?
Yes and no. There are guides everywhere to playing the heroes, and you can look up detailed lists of what their abilities do (along with general advice on what the hero does) on the Dota 2 wiki.

Really, though, the best way to learn is to just play the same hero over and over until you get used to them, then move on to another one when you get bored. If you want, you can look up the hero on the r/dota2 subreddit and they usually have a Hero Discussion of the Week thread that you can read through and learn some tips for. Whenever you have some downtime, make sure to read your tooltips on the abilities by hovering your mouse over them, and look at the abilities that killed you while you're dead to learn more.

Also, the best hero for newcomers is Lich, but Winter Wyvern honestly isn't a terrible place to start.

EDIT: OH and the best guide for newcomers are Purge's guides. Just go to Youtube and search "Purge plays (hero name)" and you'll find them, he's pretty good about narrating everything he's doing while he does it and explains the abilities pretty well.

Back