Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Post terrible video game redesigns here!

Here are several I really dislike:

Bomberman
ff_bomberman_redesign.jpg

Dante
old-new_dante-300x187.jpg

Spyro
spyro.png

Honorable mention (but it's not as fanbase splitting as the aforementioned)
SMKYoshi.JPG
440px-Yoshi_Artwork_-_Mario_Party_6.png

Wait, wait, are you implying that there were fans who didn't absolutely hate the new Dante?

Vommack said:
Wait, wait, are you implying that there were fans who didn't absolutely hate the new Dante?

Um...yes

Even if it is mathematically impossible.

I guess picking from an unofficial strategy guide is cheating, but fuck it, I love this picture:

zeldaguide_zps9d47b61e.jpg

Also...gotta mention bad boxart Megaman

badbox.png

I'll cheat too. Check out this masterful pic of Samus in a calendar.
154px-Nintendo1991Calendar-09-August.jpg

There aren't any character redesigns I particularly hate... aside from Skylanders Spyro, I even prefer the new Yoshi design since it seems more fitting(?) for a 3D art style (that's probably not the best way to describe it).

Sonic Boom did however get my biggest WTF reaction I had given in a long time initially, I don't really hate Sonic Boom's redesigns they're just so jarringly different from the original compared to most other things I focus on.

SKmarioman said:
Sonic Boom did however get my biggest WTF reaction I had given in a long time initially, I don't really hate Sonic Boom's redesigns they're just so jarringly different from the original compared to most other things I focus on.

I'm actually ambivalent to Knuckle's redesign: Sonic characters have like all the same physique so it's a nice change from the template formula of skinny arms and skinny legs

Sonic, however, is really unnecessarily too long. Geez he's like part spider now.

Lumastar said:

I freaking hate this redesign too. Ugh. Tiny used to be a small little Kong, now she's some sort of tall, teenager. How come she has aged while the other Kongs don't? I don't get this. She's not even tiny anymore.

I like the new Yoshi design.

Also old man Sub Zero from mortal kombat deadly alliance.

Back