Pacific Rim: Uprising

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Let's go fishing.

YES! MORE KAIJU! MORE! Not to mention an animated series.

The age of kaiju is upon us.

tumblr_n7syrbNzv91sfldijo1_1280.jpg

fan-gips-25p25h.gif

Re: Pacific Rim 2 (2017)

fucking hollywood

you can't just leave a good movie alone anymore, no, you have to squeeze a sequel out of everything now

let's hope the sequel improves on the previous movie

pacific rim had a lot of potential to be good, and if a sequel manages to achieve that, then i'm totally down for this

if it ends up being a transformers type movie (where it's just a smashfest) then you can count me out

Viridi said:
if it ends up being a transformers type movie (where it's just a smashfest) then you can count me out
well that essentially was what pacific rim was so i don't know what you're expecting

granted, del toro at least knows how to make a good movie (unlike bay), so i'm going to keep my hopes up. supposedly hellboy 2 is good, so i guess he knows how to make a sequel too

well i mean an uncool smashfest

idk why the two movies just seem different to me

I thought Pacific Rim was perfect as a standalone movie, but I won't write off the sequel until I see it.

last year (god, has it already been one year since the original came out?) he mentioned we'rd see gypsy danger 2.0 and i think he also implied the aliens would build their own kaiju

A prequel series makes sense: the Jaeger vs. Kaiju setup naturally lends itself to a monster-a-week format (around which overall storylines and character building and whatnot can be built, of course).

i love guillermo del toro but i still havent watched pacific rim :-/

wheres my hellboy 3 at

- China and Russia to possibly get new Jaegers
- TWO KOREAN JAEGERS
- New Mexican Jaeger, currently named Black Maria

noice

oh hell yes im so on board for thi-

Boyega will play the son of the character played by Idris Elba in the del Toro-directed original film.

Wait wait wait, how will that work? Did Pentacost just casually ignore that he had a son for like, the whole movie? Does he just like Mako that much better? There better be a good reason for this.

idk i just have this really bad feeling considering del toro is basically no longer involved in any way

I believe Thomas Tull is still on board and isn't GDT still a producer? I imagine he still has some oversight and he had developed a story earlier.

EDIT: Apparently there's a new script. I just hope GDT has significant creative control.

Nabber said:
oh hell yes im so on board for thi-

Boyega will play the son of the character played by Idris Elba in the del Toro-directed original film.

Wait wait wait, how will that work? Did Pentacost just casually ignore that he had a son for like, the whole movie? Does he just like Mako that much better? There better be a good reason for this.
could be an estranged relationship

LvxLwvc.jpg

Some new Jaeger designs. Also, the film is now called "Pacific Rim: Uprising"

A little iffy on these designs. They look a little too streamlined.

They look kind of EVA, particularly around the shoulders.

Also Pentecost having an estranged son would give him a lot more in common with a certain other commander who raised a blue haired stoic girl (who, in the Japanese dub, was voiced by Megumi Hayashibara) as a daughter.

Back