Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
I'd like to know what presidents people liked.

And I realize I already made a thread like this, but I made the poll in a weird way so not every president was on it and I don't think I can change it.

Plus, I'd rather make a new thread than bump an old one.

Washington for his establishment of two-terms and his hatred of the two-party system.
Jefferson for Louisiana Purchase and helping stop Federalists from taking over the country.
Madison for writing a bunch of good Federalist Papers.
Lincoln for being moderate. Or rather as moderate as he could be, circumstances considered.
Teddy Roosevelt for his awesome progressivism and trust-busting. Also for being all-around awesome. How many people can take a bullet and then give a speech the next hour?
FDR... he did what he had to do. Can't say I support all the New Deal stuff, but really I blame LBJ more for expanding them far beyond what FDR envisioned.
Eisenhower is probably my favorite, because he was everything a moderate should be. Helped build infrastructure (that doubled as national defense), balanced the budget, made peace in Korea, and was really close to making peace with the Soviet Union. Alas, the U2 incident happened.
Reagan... well, he was good. Not as great as conservatives claim, but he was pretty good. His foreign policy worked really well, and he got the military and economy functioning again. Deregulation's also good, although it may have led to the 2008 crash (although really that's still the banks' fault for overpricing houses and giving out bad loans).

EDIT: also please tell me you people actually understand a little bit about the presidents you vote for

Abe Lincoln because his body rests in Illinois and we saw a documentary on him back in 4th grade.

Edit: oh crap you were able select multiple presidents? Well I would have also chose Eisenhower, Kennedy and Reagan. Maybe Theodore Roosevelt.

it saddens me how little you guys know about us history

EDIT: unless you're not from the us, obviously. not really any reason that you guys should know

YoshiGo99 said:
Abe Lincoln because his body rests in Illinois and we saw a documentary on him back in 4th grade.

Edit: oh crap you were able select multiple presidents? Well I would have also chose Eisenhower, Kennedy and Reagan. Maybe Theodore Roosevelt.
I made it so you could remove your vote in case this happened.

fuck y'all 'murican leaders, the best political leader was totes bob hawke

Hawke_Bob_BANNER.jpg

look at dem eyebrows

LOOK AT DEM

Magikrazy said:
I'm disappointed that I'm the only one that's voted for Polk so far.

My AP American History class had some project where we debated which president was the best, and I would always vie for Polk when he was up. I also played devil's advocate a lot and deflected criticisms from people like Bush and Nixon, and piled them onto popular ones like Lincoln and Washington.

Anyways along with Polk I legitimately like Obama mostly because of is social presence, it's utterly divine

tumblr_n74ir9XGDb1s6z4zdo2_500.gif

tumblr_mvpvwwLjzk1qa64bjo1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvpvwwLjzk1qa64bjo7_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvpvwwLjzk1qa64bjo9_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvpvwwLjzk1qa64bjo3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_n53c5tqnHR1qc8jh0o5_500.gif

tumblr_n53c5tqnHR1qc8jh0o2_500.gif

tumblr_n53c5tqnHR1qc8jh0o8_500.gif

Morty said:
Magikrazy said:
I'm disappointed that I'm the only one that's voted for Polk so far.
My AP American History class had some project where we debated which president was the best, and I would always vie for Polk when he was up. I also played devil's advocate a lot and deflected criticisms from people like Bush and Nixon, and piled them onto popular ones like Lincoln and Washington.
Ah, devil's advocate is always fun.

And what's this about Polk that's so awesome? I don't seem to recall learning much about his presidency.
Morty said:
Anyways along with Polk I legitimately like Obama mostly because of is social presence, it's utterly divine
I think Obama's sense of humor is one thing that stops me from actively disliking him and pushes me into neutral. He's just really funny when he wants to be.

Then I think about NSA stuff, and I am sad.

As for Polk it was something about the Mexican-American war and him starting Smithsonian, and generally how he was able to get things done without much fuss and without being too much of a fucker about it. I don't remember many specifics because the last time I actively read and learned about him was about 8 years ago.

As for Obama with the NSA, while it's all a sack of ass, one reason I'm not holding that solely over Obama's head is my firm belief that this isn't anything new. The only new things are the advances in technology; the US government has been shits about spying and privacy against its own people for like forever, getting tremendously worse with Bush Jr. and Obama I guess got sucked into that. What he can do is have a hand i undoing it and that'll really make him shine.

Yeah, it was JFK.

Technically we went to the moon under Johnson, but JFK was the one who promised a man on the moon by the end of the decade iirc.

I voted Hoover as a joke, but FDR is my favorite president. The New Deal, Social Security, pre-Pearl Harbor WWII neutrality... I mean, he was even elected four friggin' times. He was gr8.

I like both Roosevelts. Both were great progressive presidents. The only thing I really don't like about Teddy is that he advocated imperialism.

Back