Dolphin emulator problem

Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
I'm playing with custom textures on Super Paper Mario, and on my old laptop they worked perfectly. But now they are acting all glitchy, and bad:
Nu78b.jpg

The text is unreadable (it looks like a bunch of random pixels) and a Fawful emblem I had intended to be on the floor at the top of Flipside Tower is randomly appearing in the background in Flipside. what the hell? This only occurs when I have the texture cache set to "Fast." If I set it to "Safe" none of the textures even appear except one or two small ones.

I hope this topic is acceptable as I'm not linking to any ROMs or illegal software, if it is just lock it please, my bad.

My dolphin is version 4.0-1242.

The version I had on my old laptop was older, slower, and more glitchy, but the custom textures loaded perfectly.

As for the graphic card, here is all the info on that:
f1qrB.jpg

This is an issue with Direct3D in dolphin, If your graphic card support it, try switching to OpenGL.. Also you could try to enable cache, and OpenMP Texture coding in the settings.

Here is the link:
D3D HD texture issue in the tracker (dead)

However, as Intel HD Graphics cards have issues with versions past 4.0-1288. See issue here. Even if the project releases a newer version with the fix, you may not be able to use it effectively. Unless the latter issue was fixed first.

What was the version that worked?

Don't remember the version I had before, but I think it was running OpenGL. The thing is, only Direct3D works on this laptop. If I use anything else, it crashes when I try to boot up any game.

Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:
...it crashes when I try to boot up any game.
If it crashes with OpenGL, try to open your Dolphin Emulator setting folder (located in your Documents folder) and delete every file starting with "ogl-".

Back