WarioWare Portal

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
Between missing pages, non-standardised organization and bad writing, the WarioWare coverage on the wiki strikes me as somewhat lacking. Rather than make a thread for every issues though, I thought why not make a megathread for this set of article?

Good ressources:

• User:Grandy02/WarioWare Has a list of to-be-created pages and issues with existing ones.
  • Forum thread with links to and an handful of translations of obscure JP-only material.

Priority Focus

WarioWare (series) Needs actual descriptions and images of the games and the characters, like the other series page. <------- Mario has claimed this.
WarioWare: Touched! Short.
WarioWare: Twisted! Short and horribly written. (also of note is that the game was extensively changed during localization and would make a great testbed for regional differences sections) <---Time Turner has dibs on this one.

Pages that need improvements
Games/miscellany:
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!: The information is good and properly organised, but the writing is at time rather repetitive and odd, and obviously not the product of a native speaker.
Goro Abe: Same as above+History is outdated
Characters:
Mona Poorly written <----- Mario has called dibs on this one. Need more info in the Mega Party Games section. Maybe.
Mike Needs proper header organisation + info about Game & Wario
Pyoro Needs proper appearance-by-appearance listing. Also, headers
Kat and Ana Section-stub for WarioWare Snapped:
Jimmy T. Poorly written, G&W section is under-detailled.
Articles that need to be created
Games/minigames
Fruit (minigame) (Multiplayer minigame in Game & Wario)
Islands (Multiplayer minigame in Game & Wario)
Disco (Multiplayer minigame in Game & Wario)
Kung-Fu (singleplayer minigame in Game & Wario)
General issues
  • Beside Ashley's, the character pages lack personality, appearance and (for the handful it applies to) power and abilities sections.

The Ashley page is as informative as it can be for such a minor character and is a good "template" for the rest (Lack of info about untranslated Japanese material can be excused).
  • The "List of microgames" pages are basically a sea of blue links sandwiched between quotes. An image + description format would go a long way toward making them more appealing and useful.
General question
For the character pages, is it better to have their microgames described in the relevant game section or have them all listed in a "microgames" section?

Got any suggestions or wanna "call dibs" on any of the above item? Just post here and I'll add your name next to the relevant article (or message me on my wiki tal page if you don't have a forum account).

I'm calling dibs on Mona. I just rewrote parts of it, mostly its history. Have a look.

I'm planning to add an appearance section and probably a personality section. The only game I'm most familiar with is WarioWare: Touched!, but I'll try my best. Considering how Mona takes on different outfits in each game, how would her appearance section be formatted? No other character goes through this much outfit changes. :/

For the character pages, is it better to have their microgames described in the relevant game section or have them all listed in a "microgames" section?
It should be described in the relevant game section, as the last note. Having them crammed into one subsection isn't very visually appealing. If not, I just don't like the microgames section the way it is now. Too much one liner after one liner.

P.S. You should link Ashley here if you think her page is such a great template and all. :P

hey, thanks for helping,

You should link Ashley here if you think her page is such a great template and all. :P

I'm going to keep it unlinked out of spite.

imo, the "Appearances" section should analyze the evolution of the character's appearance over time instead of "just" describing their appearance (which is pointless when images are present). I imagine an appearance section for Mona's page looking like this:

Mona was first and is most commonly having orange hairs and wearing [stuff]. Mona has donned a variety of costumes in the series, such as [costume 1] (in [Game 1]), [costume 2] (in [Game 2]), etc.

In ''Game & Wario'', Mona received the most extensive redesign of any of the WarioWare characters. In addition to being drawn with solid back eyes, Mona is now [insert descrption of the changes to her body structure], words words

Glowsquid said:
imo, the "Appearances" section should analyze the evolution of the character's appearance over time instead of "just" describing their appearance (which is pointless when images are present).

This a problem for many of the articles that has an "Appearance" section in the wiki :P

Glowsquid said:
In ''Game & Wario'', Mona received the most extensive redesign of any of the WarioWare characters. In addition to being drawn with solid back eyes, Mona is now [insert descrption of the changes to her body structure], words words
Well, I think it's actually Smooth Moves where she starts to look taller and older, but in Game & Wario, she looks like a young woman rather than a high schooler.

I added the section, so here, have a look (again).

Baby Luigi said:
Glowsquid said:
imo, the "Appearances" section should analyze the evolution of the character's appearance over time instead of "just" describing their appearance (which is pointless when images are present).

This a problem for many of the articles that has an "Appearance" section in the wiki :P

well yes, hence the "imo"

I added the section, so here, have a look (again).

It's a pretty good description of Mona's design game over games, though I'd say he G&W appearance has changes to her body structure that go quite a bit beyond "looking older". (Also, " in her most drastic rendition of any WarioWare character"?).

It should be described in the relevant game section, as the last note. Having them crammed into one subsection isn't very visually appealing. If not, I just don't like the microgames section the way it is now. Too much one liner after one liner.

I didn't state my preference in the OP, but yeah. I prefer the info to be placed with the relevant game

I'm not exactly sure what body structural changes Mona has received, but she does look taller, and her hair seems to be shorter (proportionally), so I noted it. Nevertheless, she does seem older, but I can't quite pinpoint her physique changes in words.

You said that she has the most drastic change compared to the other redesigned characters, so it's probably poor wording.

I moved the microgame information to the relevant games in the history section.

Can anyone provide more details in the "WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$!" section in the Mona article? It describes just the ending segment, so I feel like it's a slightly insufficient section.

Otherwise, does the article have any more problems? I'll be right back; I'll be uploading some sprites.

Nah, apart from the Mega Party games vaguesness, it looks good.

Welp, I brb, nominating the article to be featured. I hope it passes.

Gotta take a small break. Let's see what's next...

I'm now going to focus on WarioWare (series) eventually. I don't know if I will have time to squeeze it tomorrow, but I'll try to get started if I can.

Should there be more images for the Mona Superscoops? There's already one up for the one about Ashley. Or maybe just a few for the ones where Mona goes "This is an image I took of such-and-such, yaddayaddayadda..." A couple of examples I can think of at the top of my head are in regards to the Gamer concept art, the drawing of Cricket and one of the cottages Mona stayed at in Islands.

Also should there be a page listing all the Cluck-a-Pop prizes with images for most of them? The only ones that aren't needed are for the aforementioned Mona Superscoops and the character cards. For the former, it can simply have a link to its main article along with a description of what it's about in general. I dunno how the character cards will be organized. Either link to all the characters in order of how they're organized or move all the character cards to that page. However you guys want it.

My internet's out at home so I'm unable to do anything about these suggestions if a decision's made about them.
EDIT: Internet's back up so I can try to help out now.

Herobrine said:
Should there be more images for the Mona Superscoops? There's already one up for the one about Ashley. Or maybe just a few for the ones where Mona goes "This is an image I took of such-and-such, yaddayaddayadda..."

Yes, the one with original artwork should be uploaded.

Also should there be a page listing all the Cluck-a-Pop prizes with images for most of them?

That was actually a project of mine a while back, but irl schedule got in the way and I lost all the images I took for it. if anyone is willing to pick up my slack, I don't mind.

So this is something I was thinking about: Game & Wario feature a lot of cameos by characters from the Rhythm Heaven series (as listed here). None of them do anything and they appear on-screen for all of three seconds, but they're still named and appear in the end credit regardless.

What would be the best way to cover these guys? Make a page for each character (don't like this idea)? Create a page named List of Rhythm Heaven cameos in Game & Wario (leaning toward this one)? Not bother since that References section pretty much already describe what they do in the game?

I think the current coverage is fine as far as the G&War page(s) go(es), but a section should also be put in the overall "List of references in the Mario series" page as well.

I also agree that they should be placed on the "List of references in the Mario series" article.

My apologies for the double post. I'm currently transcribing the descriptions and getting screenshots of most of the Cluck-a-Pop prizes for an article listing them all that was mentioned a few posts back and I have a few questions. For the scroll items, will it be necessary to write down the complete text from all 3 scrolls? Will the text from the character cards be on this article as well as on the ones pertaining to those characters? Lastly, how should the section regarding the illustrated schnozzipedia/staff credits be handled?

For the scroll items, will it be necessary to write down the complete text from all 3 scrolls?

I haven,t unlocked any, so no idea. What's on there?

Will the text from the character cards be on this article as well as on the ones pertaining to those characters?

i thought the Cluck-A-Pops that could be grouped can get their own pages. So Bugband, Call Codes, Hint Cards... etc would get their own listing the capsules and the information would be on there as well as the relevant character.

/quote]

The staff listing is on List of Game & Wario staff, though it doesn't have the "Like green peas/is a morning person/cry easily... etc stuff. No clue on how to incorporate it.

For the scroll items, will it be necessary to write down the complete text from all 3 scrolls?

I haven,t unlocked any, so no idea. What's on there?
The scrolls humorously contain recipes for shaved ice, sushi, and a Wario bento. :eek:

Will the text from the character cards be on this article as well as on the ones pertaining to those characters?

i thought the Cluck-A-Pops that could be grouped can get their own pages. So Bugband, Call Codes, Hint Cards... etc would get their own listing the capsules and the information would be on there as well as the relevant character.
Oh ok. It would make more sense to group related prizes together on separate pages otherwise the main article would get excessively long even with just including a link to the Mona Superscoops.

The staff listing is on List of Game & Wario staff, though it doesn't have the "Like green peas/is a morning person/cry easily... etc stuff. No clue on how to incorporate it.
Ah, I see. I'm not sure myself on how to incorporate that into the existing article as well.

On a different note, I actually got around to starting to work on the WarioWare series page.

Have a look.

that's p. good. you even bothered to add a tidbid about those miiverse sketch masterpiece vidyas

I have to ask about the Microgame Characters listed on Grandy's list. Regardless of the conjectural nature of the names, do we really need articles on "Acrobat" or "Nintenman"? It seems like whatever info we have on them would pretty much just reiterate what's already on whatever microgame they appear in.

Back