Author Topic: GUESS THE RESULTS!!!  (Read 12240 times)

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
GUESS THE RESULTS!!!
« on: June 13, 2014, 12:20:39 PM »
Rules:

-You do not have to have voted to participate. You can also participate if you are presenting award(s), see farther down. You also don't have to attend the ceremonies, as I will calculate all of the results of this beforehand, although it will be more exciting to keep tally of your score as we go along - your choice if it's worth it in that case.

-You can do Mario, Fail, 'Shroom and/or Userpedia, any single one, combo of two, three, or all four. There will be four achievements - highest score in each one, and highest combined total (must do all four to qualify for this one, of course).

-You will have a chance to gain up to 15 points per award by guessing the Top 3 (gold, silver, bronze) nominees. Therefore, the max score is 450 for Mario, 225 for Fail, 150 for Userpedia, 150 for 'Shroom, and 975 total (the chances of acing any set is very low). You can get full credit for getting a nominee in the right spot, partial credit for getting a nominee that is in the Top 3 but in the wrong spot, or no credit for picking a nominee not in the Top 3 at all:
--Gold Exacta: 5 points
--Silver Exacta: 3 points
--Bronze Exacta: 2 points
--Any Spot: 1 point
--Miss: 0 points
--Trifecta (triple exacta): +5 points, therefore 5 + 3 + 2 + 5 = 15.

-I'll post an example so the meaning is clear, as well as show some intricacies so you can strategize. If the Top 3 of award A9001 is A, B, and C, then:
--C, B, D: C is in the top 3, but it is put as gold instead of bronze: 1 point. B is an exacta 3 points, D is nowhere to be found, 0 points. Total: 4
--C, D, A: Two spots are mixed up, but they still only count as 1 point each. Total: 2
--A, E, F: Salvaging gold can make a mess a decent amount. Total: 5
--C, E, F: You don't want to do this. Total: 1
--D, B, C: As close to a trifecta as this is, that miss is 0 instead of what would have been 5+5 points. Total: 5
--C, A, B: Getting the right three nominees isn't enough if they're all mixed up. Total: 3
--B, A, C: Again, this is pretty close to a trifecta, but... Total: 4
--As you should see, putting a gold in the wrong spot costs you more points (4) than a bronze (1), and that a trifecta is appropriately hard to earn and fairly easy to give up.

Here is the full list.  If you submit a red nominee, you didn't read the document.

-For any award you are presenting, you will receive a free 5 points.  This contest is opening before sign-ups (which will open July 1st), so any votes for an award you are presenting are cast before you sign up, they will be removed and replaced by 5 free points.  Do not guess the results of an award after you have signed up for it.  We know you are cheating.

-Submit your entries here - you are free to edit them until right before the ceremonies begin. Look at other people's submissions if you want, but second-guessing has just as great a chance to add to your points as much as subtracting them! Keeping each award to one line would be appreciated, just putting "A#: A, B, C" will be read as gold, silver, bronze across the line.

Smasher

• Also known as me
  • Global Moderator
  • Mushroom Princess
  • Rest in peace, Walkazo
    • View Profile
    • Smasher Land
Re: GUESS THE RESULTS!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 12:21:43 PM »
Claiming first spot, will work on this later.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:18:45 PM by Smasher »

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 12:55:09 PM »
I'll play

Also I couldn't redeem my card last year because they shut down the service. I assume I'd get my tokens back then? :P

OK, here are my guesses, arranged like Gold, Silver, Bronze.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:25:44 AM by New Super Mario »

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 12:57:28 PM »
Also I couldn't redeem my card last year because they shut down the service. I assume I'd get my tokens back then? :P

Yeah, I'll make sure to give them back to you if you couldn't redeem it. If it was a wii points card though, isn't that still up? I can't remember exactly what you got

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 01:07:52 PM »

Yeah, I'll make sure to give them back to you if you couldn't redeem it. If it was a wii points card though, isn't that still up? I can't remember exactly what you got
Yeah it was a wii points. But I guess it doesn't work since they stopped WiiConnect24 or something.

Gamefreak75

• Global Moderator
  • Power Star
  • "The hated boss who beats you down..."
    • View Profile
    • Kirby Wikia
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 01:16:39 PM »
Spoiler: Mario (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fail (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shroom Awards (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: UP Awards (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:42:43 PM by Magolor »

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 01:17:51 PM »

Yeah it was a wii points. But I guess it doesn't work since they stopped WiiConnect24 or something.

I heard they kept the service for that up, so idk you can try redeeming it again if you want. I'll definitely give you your tokens back if it doesn't work though

Alexander Hamilton

• Secretary of Treasury Packy
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Power Star
  • Red Barchetta
  • Talk less, smile more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 01:38:13 PM »
GIVE ME LIBERTY OR THIS SPOT

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 01:51:53 PM »

I heard they kept the service for that up, so idk you can try redeeming it again if you want. I'll definitely give you your tokens back if it doesn't work though
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiiConnect24

Second paragraph. It was terminated before I got it.

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 02:05:16 PM »
I hope to do better than last year.

Spoiler: Done (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:26:29 PM by Cirdec »

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 02:07:26 PM »

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 12:05:42 PM by DragonFreak »

Mario4Ever

• Lucius Needful
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Celestial Guide
  • A price for everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 02:25:12 PM »

That article says the Wii Shop Channel is still active. Is that not the case anymore?
[...]This is the best weekend I've had since Salem.

Pyro

• Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 02:41:37 PM »
two months from now, ye shall hear bloody cries of..."NOOOO MY TRIFECTA"

EDIT: Starting my guesses...will finish later

They're written down in gold -> silver -> bronze

this denotes I presented the award or was formerly presenting the award

Spoiler: 'Shroom (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Userpedia (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:24:33 PM by Pyro »

Rintarou Okabe

• his smile and optimism = gone
  • Donkey Kong
  • freakworld
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 03:14:53 PM »
I deem myself worthy of guessing the results this year.

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 03:27:12 PM »

That article says the Wii Shop Channel is still active. Is that not the case anymore?
Yeah but I could never do it since Stooben and I needed WC24 to become friends or something (and it never even worked).

Looking at my PMs, it was never an actual card so we couldn't do it that way, it was just a gift so it had to be sent through that way.

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 04:01:45 PM »
credit to gamefreak for the template

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:44:55 PM by No-Face »

Nijino Yume

• Goal: Earn money to open a café with my illustrations as designs. And a condo unit.
  • Star Spirit
  • Smg2daisy
  • Learn, Teach, Work, Earn, Live.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:55:53 PM by Smg2daisy »

Shiny Pichu

• ffff*bleep*
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Kingbowser99
  • well at least I'm not Honoka's #5 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 05:16:31 PM »
RAIN OF JARATE

EDIT: my nominominominominominomi-knees

Spoiler: mariariario awards (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:36:42 PM by Priam »

Turboo

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 05:20:46 PM »

Yeah but I could never do it since Stooben and I needed WC24 to become friends or something (and it never even worked).

Looking at my PMs, it was never an actual card so we couldn't do it that way, it was just a gift so it had to be sent through that way.

oh yeah, i'll definitely give you your tokens back in that case. i thought you got a code and not a wiiconnect24 gift, sucks how they didn't try to keep that up since the shop channel is still up too

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you LIVE from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »
is there much point to reserving spots

Spoiler: fail awards (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: userpedia awards (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: shroom awards (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:46:46 PM by Hilary Briss »