Honestly, do you think Jigglypuff should be back?

Do you think Jigglypuff should return?

• Yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Anser

King Bowser
Let's be honest here: Jigglypuff is only semi-popular because of Smash Bros. Had she not appeared in the series, almost no one would know who the heck she is. Sure, she was popular because she was a recurring character in the anime back in the 64 and Melee era, but that was what, 14 years ago? The newer generations are clueless about her (because not even people who play Pokémon use her or her evolution and those who do know her don't even pay attention to her), and judging by Rosalina's and Greninja's inclusion, those seem to be the target of the game this time around.

So, all in all, my opinion is that Jigglypuff should not return. She doesn't make sense in the series anymore. I think she should step back and give her spot to a more deserving character like Mewtwo, whose relevance is high again now due to X and Y, where he is catchable and was one of the only two Pokémon to receive not one, but TWO Mega Evolutions.

Oh, and no. Jigglypuff now being a Fairy-type doesn't really make her relevant again, as she wasn't even used to promote the new type. That job was given to Gardevoir and Diancie.

Share your thoughts!

I think Jigglypuff is really fun as a jokey "did you really just kick my ass with that" character, but I agree that its time to move on to other things. 'Course, I'm of the camp that we have too much Pokemon representation already anyway, so I wouldn't be too disappointed to see Mewtwo skipped over.

I didn't really feel the charm of Jigglypuff as a joke character in the first place, so considering she's blocking out more worthy characters on top of that, *bleep* no.

I've always liked her as a Pokemon, I enjoy playing as her, and I want the fairy type to have a representative, so I'll be the first to say that I hope she continues to be a permanent addition.

She's (?) a fun character. That's all I need.

Jiggs is still very popular in Japan. Added to the fact that the Fairy type makes her relevant again, she should still be included.

Edit: I definitely think that there is room for both Jiggs and Mewtwo. 4 Pokémon have been revealed. 4 + 2 = 6, which is a full Pokémon team.

She sucks and she is so overated. Meloetta is the true singer.
For fairy type, Diancie represents better this type.

So no I don't want her to return.

I think being Fairy does make her relevant again, she may not have been used to fully promote the type, but seeing as she's already been a fighter since the start the new Fairy type moves can be used to change her playstyle.

Yes. She absolutely should come back. She is a three time veteran, so she has seniority and tradition on her side. She has a very unique and fun play style. It would be a shame to loose that unique fighting style. She also can represent the fairy type in this new game. She is also still popular in Japan.

Also, if you cut Jiggs, Hungrybox is gonna cry. And I don't want to see Hungrybox cry.

Yes.

Relevency and even popularity in some cases are NOT the most important things about Smash Bros. Or else Ice Climbers, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, etc would have never been included. If the character has their own original fighting style, Which every one of the Original 12 had except maybe Mario and Luigi in regards to the very first game. Then they have more of a means to keep them because there are people out there that main Jigglypuff in every game released so far. You remove Jigglypuff, you alienate players that have stuck through and through with that character since the beginning.

Hmmm.

If inclusion is all about relevancy, we better say good bye to Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas, and the StarFox crew while we're at it.

Not sure on StarFox, although it was a remake they did have a recent game.

Jigglypuff should never have been in to begin with. There are plenty of better Pokemon to choose.

"But Jigglypuff's popular in Japan!" So is Tingle, and you don't see him forced into every Zelda title.
Seadramon said:
If inclusion is all about relevancy, we better say good bye to Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas, and the StarFox crew while we're at it.
Sure, although as someone already pointed out the Starfox series did have a somewhat recent game.

Dr. Javelin said:
Sure, although as someone already pointed out the Starfox series did have a somewhat recent game.

It would be a double standard though if a remake being the most recent game is enough to make them relevant. While Jigglypuff, who's a catchable Pokemon in X&Y which is most certainly not a remake is not.

And once again, Relevancy isn't the most important thing in regards to including characters. It certainly helps, but it's not the thing that determines whether a character gets included or not.

If Nintendo really only cared about relevancy, we would only see Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon characters.

Hell, Jigglypuff has become relevant because she's a Smash character. Like Captain Falcon, she's almost more associated with Smash instead, which would make cutting her an even greater loss.

GalacticPetey said:
If Nintendo really only cared about relevancy, we would only see Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon characters.
and kirby
GalacticPetey said:
Hell, Jigglypuff has become relevant because she's a Smash character. Like Captain Falcon, she's almost more associated with Smash instead, which would make cutting her an even greater loss.
That's a silly reason to be relevant. Aren't characters supposed to be relevant because they have their own games that you can play them in?

That said, though, this is all OPINIONS anyways. I personally wouldn't mind if some oh so precious Smash characters got cut, because we can always go back and play Brawl and Melee, but if you honestly love Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon enough to want them in, so be it.

Captain Falcon being cut wouldn't just cause riots. No, Captain Falcon's cutting would cause far more than just simple riots. Civil wars would erupt. Lawlessness would ensue. Savages would roam the streets, searching for innocent victims. Indeed, if Captain Falcon were to be cut from the SSB4 roster, I dare say global civilization as we know it would collapse.

GalacticPetey said:
You do realize if Captain Falcon was cut, riots would ensue? Children would die.
And thus, humanity experienced the stupidest reason for a riot since Occupy Wall Street.

i think jiggly should be back and i know she'll be back and ya'll know deep down its gonna happen

arguement concluded

Of course I know Jigglypuff will come back, but I just think she shouldn't.

Back