Your favourite examples of Rare Sentences on the wiki?

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
As readers of Super Mario Facts can attest, a lot of humour on the wiki can be derived from perfectly accurate and straightfoward description of insane things that happen in the Mario series (and bad writing, but that's not this thread's subject). What are your favourite examples?

http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Mario_knockoffs_acknowledged_by_Nintendo#Era.27s_Adventures_3D

The game features a green dinosaur named Era, who looks almost exactly like Yoshi, whom the player must use to shoot flaming mucus at objects such as boxes and crates.

This description of Bowser's master plan in the game book Dinosaur Dilemma. It's the perfect crescendo of insanity.

In Dinosaur Dilemma, Bowser has his minions begin abducting all the dinosaurs in Dinosaur Island, so he can "prove" his theory that the dinosaurs went extinct due to not looking both ways before they crossed the street; once the dinosaurs and all evidence of their existence are gone and his theory is thus "proven" true, Bowser intends to be awarded the Snowbell Prize (feeding the cooked dinosaurs to the committee awarding it) and be named curator of the Mushroom Kingdom Museum of Natural History, conveniently located across the street from Mushroom Palace, which he plans on pelting with garbage.

I actually had heaps of these bookmarked on another computer from when I go through the maintenance pages for Spotlight but I've lost 'em goddammit

I found this amusing.
In a similar manner to how Mario and Luigi have both eaten and "absorbed" Mushrooms throughout their games, there is much controversy over whether Mario must eat a Fire Flower or simply touch it to become Fire Mario. Although most games make Fire Flowers simply disappear upon contact with Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door seemingly confirms that Mario does indeed eat Fire Flowers.

edit:
Toronto doesn't exist. Neither does Amsterdam. :P

the only thing slightly amusing about this is that we actually need the articles on the wiki

Also Mario adaptions of english folk tales are interesting reads. From Warios Weihnachtsmärchen

Dreaming of money, women, and power, Wario suddenly sees a ghost floating over his bed.
ok

The ghost resembles Toad and claims to be the Ghost of Past, coming to show Wario moments of his bad past. Filled with fear, Wario sees a scene of him and Mario as babies, building sand castles on the beach. The Ghost tells him that he has been mean to all people, resulting in Mario having a lot of friends and Wario barely having any. Another scene depicts Mario and Wario's graduation ball. Wario wanted Toadstool to become his girlfriend, but due to Mario being way nicer to her, she danced only with him. Crying, Wario admits that he has always been nasty.
Wario had such a troubled past.

Before he can do anything, however, the Grim Reaper-like Ghost of Future shows him a situation of the future: Two children are entering a toyshop, asking for Wario games. The sales clerk replies that nobody cares about this "mean guy" anymore. The children admit that he's correct and decide to buy the latest Mario game instead.
this part seems eerily relevant to today

This is my personal favorite

Bowser does not appear to take a liking to Baby Luigi, despite Baby Luigi being playful, and ends up biting his head and even giving a spanking after Baby Luigi urinates on him.

Like this too

Finally, Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi grab and pull down Burt's pants, revealing his genitals.

Funny how both are from the Super Mario-Kun

Super Mario-Kun is the best.

GBAToad said:
edit:
Toronto doesn't exist. Neither does Amsterdam. :P

the only thing slightly amusing about this is that we actually need the articles on the wiki
I've always wanted to make the Toronto page (for obvious reasons (User:Walkazo)), but frustratingly, it's in the one version of the game I don't own and can't play due to not having an old PC. T.T

http://www.mariowiki.com/Grandma_Mario

Mario and Luigi soon enlisted the help of The Old Psychic Lady with the Evil Eye Who Reads Fortunes and Knows Everything Before it Happens to help them reach out and call forth Grandma Mario. Eventually, they succeeded, only for Grandma Mario to use The Old Psychic Lady's body as a host.

so today I ventured into the DK part of the wiki

Banana Fairy Queen:
The Banana Fairy Queen is a large Banana Fairy and ruler of the Banana Fairies in Donkey Kong 64. She lives on Banana Fairy Island, inside the giant fairy head.

DK Rap:
*gasp* CONTROVERSY said:
The DK Rap is somewhat infamous for its considerably corny lyrics, and some people are surprised at the fact that it contains the word "hell" despite being featured in an E-Rated game. However, "hell" as an intensifier is not considered offensive in Great Britain (which is where Rare is located).

Raiders of the Lost Banana:

vsnRd0j.png

best image caption ever. Also GS i thought you removed this shit
She Angrily tells the ape that she will not give him the banana back[...]but she Furiously continues to walk away.

[Mini Donkey Kongs] are Grant Kirkhope who also voices Donkey Kong in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series.

#redirect[[Grant Kirkhope]]

Remembering his mom also makes Francis level up in passion for unknown reasons.
that one is my favorite one for unknown reasons.

The only people that can enter his (Francis) room are himself and hot babes meaning he wants a date.

It annoys me to hell.

Clapper got his name from the fact that seals constantly clap when they laugh.
*laughs*

Vibe Crystals come in large and small varieties, each restoring either a significant or small portion of the Princess's Vibe Meter
obvious

That Luigi costume guy is kind of creepy.

Luigi is always creepy in a way so yeah

Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix's plot was already kinda ridiculous to begin with...Bowser stole the music keys because he was tone deaf or something.

TheYoshiState said:
But wait till you see inside the :luigi: Train:

large.jpg
That's not as creepy as that Luigi costume stare.

Two floor-level windows are on the front so that the player can see Wario getting recompressed.

Yoshi has to take Baby Mario, the fastest of the babies in Yoshi's Island DS, with him to survive this giant enemy's rampaging.

First the player must yank the Wii Remote towards themselves and then move the remote forward repeatedly to open the lid.

If Wario touches the spikes on its underside, the Green Enemy will hit the ground and start crying.

Glowsquid said:
Once Mario and Toad find the key, they open the door and challenge Waluigi to a dance-off.
I would love to see someone challenge someone to a dance-off. It'd be better if they started it like a dual so they slapped each other with a glove.

Maᴙio said:
Yoshi has to take Baby Mario, the fastest of the babies in Yoshi's Island DS, with him to survive this giant enemy's rampaging.

Those beasts don't know any better than to bring Baby Mario to dangerous situations when it would be better if they hid him from Kamek, which is exactly what he wants...yet they bring him to Kamek anyway...

The player must wave his arms around with the controllers to get the ship to notice the character.

Empire tends to be the typical favorite in the tournaments due to the presence of one very skilled player or doubles team. In both tournaments in both games, though, no one from Empire ever makes it to the final round.

Also, on the map is a bridge guarded by a Porcupuffer that can jump up and make Mario and the gang endure an Enemy Course.

Super Paper Mario is so far the only game in the Paper Mario series where Mario's (and co.) max Attack does not cap at 99; rather, it could go as high as over 9000.

Just found this funny

Back