1990's in Animation

MichiganMarioFan

They're perfectly mismatched
Banned User
Talk about anything relating to animation that occurred between January 1, 1990 and December 31, 1999-whether it relates to cartoons that began before 1990 that still aired new episodes during the decade (such as The Simpsons), shows that aired entirely in this decade (such as Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures (hint hint hint: my current signature as of this writing), the last two DIC-produced Mario animated series and Ren and Stimpy) or even early season one episodes of Spongebob Squarepants-as long as it fits in this thread.

Let's get started!

The Magic School Bus was my childhood (as well as tonnes of other shows, but there's too many to list).

The first season of Spongebob gets the title of one of the best just by not being post-movie.

Overall, that season was OK, but I don't really think the series had found its stride yet.

We had both the Batman and Spiderman animated series both of which where great. We also had Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog which is my favourite Sonic show.

Yoshidude99 said:
We had both the Batman and Spiderman animated series both of which where great. We also had Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog which is my favourite Sonic show.
It's my favorite Sonic show, too. Much more lighthearted and funnier then the others.

Walkazo said:
The Magic School Bus was my childhood

Mine too. I still love this show to this day.

As an adult, I'm just impressed at how accurate the science is and the producer says segment is always fun to watch.

Though I have a few nitpicks with the Lost in Space episode, because they depicted the asteroid belt as a jam-packed minefield with those space rocks only a few meters apart when it reality they're millions of miles apart. Oh and that helmet thing. Don't forget that.

Well, similar to what BLOF said just above me, being in the lower 30s, I'm still impressed at how truly classic Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures really have become. In fact, to this day, I still feel sorry for Rita, Runt, Furrball and Calamity Coyote (that and the fact that I consider all four to just be cute) and I still consider Little Beeper to be cute today as well. It's just amazing how far they've progressed.

Baby Luigi said:
As an adult, I'm just impressed at how accurate the science is and the producer says segment is always fun to watch.

Though I have a few nitpicks with the Lost in Space episode, because they depicted the asteroid belt as a jam-packed minefield with those space rocks only a few meters apart when it reality they're millions of miles apart. Oh and that helmet thing. Don't forget that.
Yeah, the solar system episode aside (ice cube head, lol), it is fun how accurate the show was.

I remember getting to middle school after being reared on MSB and trying to call molecules "molecules", but my teacher kept saying we have to call them "particles" because "molecule" was too advance for Grade 7, and I was like :/

...your school seriously made you stop that because you happened to know more than what was required?

Walkazo said:
Baby Luigi said:

Yeah, the solar system episode aside (ice cube head, lol), it is fun how accurate the show was.

I remember getting to middle school after being reared on MSB and trying to call molecules "molecules", but my teacher kept saying we have to call them "particles" because "molecule" was too advance for Grade 7, and I was like :/
lol, my school called them molecules as soon as we got into that unit

In two years the vast majority of my peers and I will be legal adults.

We would have been too young to remember anything from the nineties, save for the SpongeBob re-runs they ran to death and perhaps some vague Teletubbies reruns.

However, most of them, despite only being born in 97 or 98, like to identify as 90's kids. :-\

Back