Which other genre should get the Smash Bros. treatment?

LeftyGreenMario

Working toward a diva-free community
Wiki Administrator
Pronouns
she/her
MarioWiki
Mario
I shouldn't be the only one in this forum that doesn't want a full Nintendo crossover limited just to the fighting genre.

Kart racing has been suggested millions of times before, but it's unfitting for many reasons. Kirby is all right, but Fox? Link? Samus? Ridley? Charizard? Eh, unless it's a deliberate joke, it's not going to look good.

I think one genre that can definitely work is the RPG genre. It isn't so light-hearted that Ganondorf would look out of place, but it doesn't have to be so dark and edgy that Mario, Pikachu, and Kirby look off. I'm not savy on the RPG games, but again, a Smash Bros. RPG game would be really nice.

A Smash Bros. Dynasty Warriors (ignoring the context of Hyrule Warriors) would also be an amazing fit as well. Dynasty Warriors is separated by factions, which could easily be separate Nintendo series. We also have literally hundreds of playable characters as well, so unlike Smash Bros., there are much more playable opportunities so more fans may be pleased. The dialogue might be the only issue, though.

Any other suggestions and thoughts?

Oh, please keep troll/joke genres to a minimum, thanks.

Something similar to the Super Mario Crossover flash game series would be kinda cool. Do remakes of levels of old games. And have the capability of going through the games with characters from an entirely different franchise. Even if that may be a problem for like if you pick a slow moving character and you choose to go through a Classic Sonic level that's meant for more faster speeds in some areas.

That said, having Sonic speed through 1-1 of Super Mario Bros. and even grab the flagpole. Or Mario spinning the Eggman sign at the end of a Sonic level. Would be kinda neat to me.

The main problem with this though, would be adapting characters who were never in a sidescrolling platformer to begin with however.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Oh, please keep troll/joke genres to a minimum, thanks.
What about a Nintendo FPS? RTS? MOBA?

Help me out guys, there have got to be more genres that would make excellent "troll/joke" genres.

Eh, I don't really know of any other genre where a crossover would work well. Most of these franchises have very different art styles, and trying to mesh them together in a different format would be difficult. The only way I can see it is with an RPG and something like Kingdom Hearts, but even that's iffy.

@Javelin: Make the art styles all identical to the PokéPark series, and make all the Zelda characters stylized like in Four Swords (Adventures), The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks.
Also, an RPG would be nice.

Headless Specter said:
Could also attempt a MMORPG
That would be cool, IMO, so when characters look out of place, it wouldn't be in a bad way.

Northern Verve said:
Something similar to the Super Mario Crossover flash game series would be kinda cool. Do remakes of levels of old games. And have the capability of going through the games with characters from an entirely different franchise. Even if that may be a problem for like if you pick a slow moving character and you choose to go through a Classic Sonic level that's meant for more faster speeds in some areas.

That said, having Sonic speed through 1-1 of Super Mario Bros. and even grab the flagpole. Or Mario spinning the Eggman sign at the end of a Sonic level. Would be kinda neat to me.

The main problem with this though, would be adapting characters who were never in a sidescrolling platformer to begin with however.
That would actually be cool as well. Reminds me of NES Remix 2, but better.

Shy Guy Forever said:
Nintendo Party

Link lands on a space set by Samus, then a POW block comes and falls on his head.

That would be so hilarious.

Zero Suit Samus plays a round of Hop or Pop with Donkey Kong and Snake, up against Mr. Game & Watch. They lose.

Back