Unpopular Pokemon opinions

Nate Jacobs

WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
Self explanatory.

1. I like Cyrus, but I don't treat him like he succeeded in his plans and became a god. His battle theme isn't the best in the series, either. (I like some of the catchy battle themes in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.)

2. I disliked Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Gameplay is boring crap, and the story is dumbed down by stupid morals about postitive emotions and friendship.

I prefer Pokemon Mystery Dungeon over the mainline games

I feel like Pokemon is just the same game again and again and it gets boring and tedious fast.

Luxio said:
2. I disliked Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Gameplay is boring crap, and the story is dumbed down by stupid morals about postitive emotions and friendship.

Pretty much a lot of people feel this way actually

Unlike Mario Kart and Mario Party, Pokemon gets boring extremely quickly. Pokemon X and Y almost put me to sleep, with the "been there, done that" vibe bothering me constantly. I'm glad I didn't spend my $40 on it (I got it via Club Nintendo promotion).

I dislike Pokemon in general nowadays.

Pink Gold Tubba Blubba said:
Baby Luigi said:
I prefer Pokemon Mystery Dungeon over the mainline games

We have the same opinion there.

Yayyyy I'm not alone :D

I think Pokemon Red/Blue Rescue Team was the best one and the series just went downhill from there. I hated Explorers of Time/Darkness and Gates to Infinity looked like -----

Toothless said:
Judging by playing one game, Blue Rescue Team, I do not like PMD at all. The Gameplay was soooo boring. It was literally the same thing every single time. Although the plot was God-tier.
The plot was meh, but I did like Blue Rescue Team the most and moreso than the mainstream games.

Baby Luigi said:
I think Pokemon Red/Blue Rescue Team was the best one and the series just went downhill from there. I hated Explorers of Time/Darkness and Gates to Infinity looked like -----
BTW, does the plot for Explorers of Time !@#$%-slap you with morals?

Also, I HATE Ash Ketchum. The Pokemon series had so much potential ruined by this whiny kid who loses practically all his battles.

Uh, Ash has nothing to do with this topic. It's in Video Games, and AFAIK, he only appeared in Puzzle League.

Kanto was the best region. This may just be nostalgia, as Blue was my first game.

-I thought X and Y was a boring, slow and an overall disappointment.

-Roller Skates were a horrible addition.

-Mega Evolutions are pretty lame.

-The game boy games are still fun.

-slightly off-topic: Pokemon Origins was also boring.

Super Smash Misty said:
Uh, Ash has nothing to do with this topic. It's in Video Games, and AFAIK, he only appeared in Puzzle League.

Kanto was the best region. This may just be nostalgia, as Blue was my first game.
So ash does have something to do with the topic

The only thing I (now) like about the series are the Pokemon themselves. Everything else just isn't fun anymore.

I've never been a big fan of HeartGold and SoulSilver and I'm currently not that excited for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

Luxio said:
Baby Luigi said:
BTW, does the plot for Explorers of Time !@#$%-slap you with morals?

Not really. The Wigglytuff Guild in general just pissed me off, especially Chatot. The worse thing is, I like Chatot as a Pokemon, but the Chatot in this game can just get stoned to death.

Dr. Javelin said:
The only thing I (now) like about the series are the Pokemon themselves. Everything else just isn't fun anymore.

That could explain why I still purchase figures of Pokemon and why I can have a liking towards Pokemon in games I never played....

Crackin355 said:
-I thought X and Y was a boring, slow and an overall disappointment.

-Roller Skates were a horrible addition.

-Mega Evolutions are pretty lame.

-The game boy games are still fun.

-slightly off-topic: Pokemon Origins was also boring.
You're a genwunner I assume?
BTW, why does everyone hate X and Y? Sure, it's not rage-inducingly difficult. If you enjoy screaming in rage, go cry yourself a river.

Jigglypuff is bad, Meloetta is the true singer.
Charizard is bad and didn't deserve two mega evolutions.
Aegislash and Scizor suck.
Dragonite and Flygon are bad dragons.
I prefer to use legendaries in battles.

Luxio said:
You're a genwunner I assume?
BTW, why does everyone hate X and Y? Sure, it's not rage-inducingly difficult. If you enjoy screaming in rage, go cry yourself a river.

That's it, no more Rage Candy for you, mister!

Back