SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
L3obJWk.png

kTgbTkh.png

I'm trying to "restore" these to good-quality sprites, if you will. I captured them from screenshots taken using my 3DS capture card, and the guys over at Spriters Resource say they are too blurry. There's a guy who is replicating them by determining pixel locations and colors, and I'd like to do the same with these. Especially the Antasma ones; I think Dreamy Bowser looks better but he would be harder to do because of all the colors; I started on the overworld Antasma sprite but for the love of God I cannot do the eyes. Help would be appreciated, I'll credit you if I end up using them in any way. Thanks~

Oh, I forgot this. Here's some Mario & Luigi sprites for reference:
get.php

And I also got this Antasma X sprite:
AntasmaX.png

I discovered I'm horrible at replicating the parts where the colors fade. It always comes out jagged for me, or the colors don't fade enough and instead look like stripes. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Also here is a sprite of Antasma taking damage:
QXLClVE.png

Part of it is too light, because I couldn't find a frame where the whole body was visible until the last part when he's fading away after defeat. So I had to combine that full-body sprite with the various exposed parts of the non-faded sprite which didn't go too well. I think it can be replicated using a normal replicated Antasma sprite as reference however.

I hope this doesn't seem like a shitload of work, if it is I'm sorry, you can try and get help if you want to, or just tell me if you can't do it. I just suck really bad at pixel art and the like. The only thing I am good at is recolors really.

Back