Character Moveset Speculation: Star Fox

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Skipped a day, sorry, just too tired yesterday... Not that anyone seemed to notice or care. Anyway, as per usual, just speculate moveset ideas. This isn't meant to be a debate topic, and try to have fun with this, alright?

So now we reach Star Fox, a franchise particularly notorious for including characters with very similar movesets, and while I'll argue and nitpick over how just because movesets are similar that doesn't mean they play identically (playing as Wolf is quite different then playing as Fox), I can't really deny the variation is lacking, and having all three characters in that series use a Landmaster, including Wolf who never even used a Landmaster in the games, it just feels like a bit too much.

As such, the only true suggestion for a new character from this series is Krystal. She's easily in my top 5, if not top 3 most-wanted characters list, and quite frankly I was surprised she didn't become playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. More female characters are always welcome, not to mention she's the only Star Fox character who I can easily imagine having a completely different moveset from Fox, Falco, or Wolf. Specifically, she'd use her staff as a primary weapon, previously seen in Star Fox Adventures. Really, with the moves from that game, the moveset practically writes itself. Various slashes, kicks, and stabs for normal attacks, fire projectiles as a neutral special attack, Flight Boost for up special, Ground Quake either as a down smash or down special, there's seriously a lot to work with. Plus they can use other elements from Star Fox Adventures, so they can have a dinosaur theme with her. I want to think that her Final Smash would involve flying on a CloudRunner, like she did at the beginning of the game. Admittedly, compared to the other newcomers, my moveset idea isn't that unique, but it honestly surprises me that they went with Wolf over Kystral in Brawl. It literally felt like they went with the easier option, instead of having to create a new moveset involving a staff, they'd just make even more variations of the Fox moveset. You know what I mean?

With that in mind, I don't really have any other characters to suggest that wouldn't also be Fox clones. Sure, I'd love to see Peppy or even Slippy as playable characters (I'd personally like to see Pigma somehow playable, since he happens to be a personal favorite of mine), but I can't think of that much going for any of them. No doubt they could have original, unique movesets, but the question is, would Sakurai and his team be willing to create original movesets for them?

...Seriously, though, Krystal for SSB4!

I'd like more female characters, but what I dread most for Krystal is the inevitable amplifying of misogyny associated with female characters similar to Zero Suit Samus.

Everyone knows Alexandra Roivas would be the best female addition to the Smash Bros. cast.

I'd prefer to see Sabre over Krystal (Sabre, by the way, was the protagonist of Dinosaur Planet alongside Krystal before Miyamoto said it should be a Star Fox game).

Metroid is rated M in Australia. I don't understand your point.

Honestly, I'd be fine if we only had two starfox characters. If Nintendo isn't going to release a game in the series they really don't deserve three.

Magikrazy said:
Crocodile Dippy said:
Metroid is rated M in Australia. I don't understand your point.
Seriously?
Every Mario game is rated A in Japan.

Context is key, dude.

Back