Bravely Default

User4042

Celestial Guide
I searched for this, but
2zPQga3.png
So right now I'm getting ready to get to Lontano Villa and fight that knight guy.

That's the annoying little cryst-fairy Airy. Be sure not to trash the instruction guide, you need it to get past the intro.

Misty said:
That's the annoying little cryst-fairy Airy. Be sure not to trash the instruction guide, you need it to get past the intro.

I downloaded the game and I'm pretty sure I didn't need anything to view that scene, or maybe I just used an image of the AR card online instead, I don't remember properly. Heck though, you don't even need to view the scene if I recall right, there's a way to skip those kinds of scenes.

Though ultimately, the AR scene you view doesn't really affect how much sense the game makes. If anything, it's backwards.

The AR movie was lame. I'm glad it's the only required one. The boxart for Bravely Default is this over her, so I got the better cover.

This game took me 60 Hours to beat IIRC. The music for the last few bosses during the final chapter is amazing. It got repetitive around the 30-50 hour mark so I can't say with confidence it's one of my favourite games because it is far too repetitive for that section. Ringabel is the best character because *spoilers* but Agnes has the best job class designs.

Junketsu said:
Dankey Kang said:
*reservations because of boxart*

SK-Burst-European-Release-Date.jpg
I ordered that and it arrived in the mail, luckily I got the package before my parents opened it (they don't know what privacy means) otherwise I'd be questioned for days.

So I downloaded the demo, got in a few fights, and while I understood the battle system, I got bored rather quickly.

Glaceon said:
The dragon was easy if you used ice magic with the ice rod and Defaulted when he tail whipped.
I beat him last night, but didn't post about it. I used black magic with the Blizzard power.

Now I'm losing to Orthros due to its overpoweredness. 500 health doesn't get you far. He was half gone, too.

Glaceon said:
The dragon was easy if you used ice magic with the ice rod and Defaulted when he tail whipped.
Well duh Dragon pokemon are weak to Ice

Unfortunately I won't ever play this game because I don't like JRPG's. The genre just doesn't appeal to me that much. Heck, I haven't even played Earthbound in a while despite liking it because of it being an RPG. If it was any other game, I would be engrossed in it.

chillv said:
Unfortunately I won't ever play this game because I don't like JRPG's. The genre just doesn't appeal to me that much. Heck, I haven't even played Earthbound in a while despite liking it because of it being an RPG. If it was any other game, I would be engrossed in it.

Is it just JRPGs, or all RPGs?

Amphituber said:
chillv said:

Is it just JRPGs, or all RPGs?

from the sound of it i think the only rpgs he has played are jrpgs.

although thats merely a sub division as there are tons of rpg sub genres.

anyway i have only spent 40 hours on bravely default, will probably continue someday, kinda burnt out on my 3ds games atm.

it is very good though, not my favorite, but still pretty good.

I'm going back to Yulyana's sage to get "sexy clothing". I suck against land turtles :\
I have no idea how to use the Fira, Blizzara, or Thundara spells.

Back