3DS shutting off when exiting Sleep Mode?

SKmaric

King Bowser
New Question in most recent post V

So I figured now I should ask about this: for some reason whenever I open my 3DS after closing it to go into sleep mode the system makes a loud pop sound and turns off, no matter how much battery there is left. I can play any game fine as long as I don't ever close it which is very inconvenient. This doesn't happen if I fully open the system, only when I go into and then exit sleep mode, and everything is completely fine after turning it back on.

This has sort of been happening for some time before where it kind of just happened at random, but now it's happening about every 4/5 times I close the system. I think this may have been a result of my parents opening my window when I'm at school exposing the system to direct sunlight but I just wanted to know what the problem might be and if it can be fixed at all.

It might be the system, like you said being exposed to direct sunlight. Also, do you have up to the latest version?

That...isn't normal. From what I can find online, it happens because at least one of the ribbons behind the top screen is loose (can happen from opening and closing it), causing a short. You have to fix it yourself or send it to Nintendo for repairs. If you do it yourself, once you have the back exposed, apparently you

Check to see that all the small ribbons under the speakers (volume, camera, 3D) are properly seated in the connectors. The connectors are like buckles. To reset a loose ribbon, gently lift the top of the connector latch opposite of where the ribbon is inserted. Carefully re-insert any loose ribbons and close the latch.

If you're not going to help the user out, why do you even bother posting?

So sort of a subquestion here on the same topic, I was thinking about buying a 3DS XL anyway, but I have one question in regards to a System Transfer: Is the ability to play GBA Ambassador games transferred in their entirety with the rest of the data and if not, can they be redownloaded from the eShop? It seems like a pretty obvious answer but even checking the listing of the games on the eShop where the Download button normally is it says "Software Currently Unavailable", just like the original Pokedex 3D, while other games I have say "Downloaded".

And yes I know nothing on the SD Card is actually transferred and you're supposed to just put the SD Card in the new system but I don't know if downloaded games need to be redownloaded on the new system to be played I haven't done a transfer before.

Back