Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
http://www.edge-online.com/news/potential-new-wii-u-mario-game-could-aim-to-use-the-gamepad-more-says-nintendo/

I'm not even excited for this. I've had enough of Mario platformers for a while.

New™ Super Mario Galaxy U™ or bust

The 8 things I want:

Wii U
3D gameplay
Modular gameplay
Online Co-op Multiplayer
Life meter system
Better controls than 3D World
Challenges meant for hardcore Co-op
Back to classic Mario & Toad Bros VS Bowser & others (In these kinds of games Princess Peach is supposed to be kidnapped, not be a playable character)

I'd rather either Luigi not be in the game or Daisy also being kidnapped but both is even worse than neither.

Wow, I'm pumped right after Super Mario 3D World. No I'm not.

GBAToad said:
I would like it if they did that, but they're probably going to do New Super Mario Bros. U 2 or something like that.

Amphituber said:
Am I the only one here who wants a new, unique 3D Mario platformer, not a sequel?

No you're not. If we absolutely must have a Mario platformer, this is what I want

I'm just freaking tired of them. What about other game IPs like F-Zero, Kirby, Metroid, Animal Crossing, etc.?

Yes, Metroid especially.

Animal Crossing and Kirby are pretty well taken care of (New Leaf, Return to Dreamland)

I haven't played any F-Zero so i can't comment on that.

The thing about Metroid is that despite being one of the coolest IPs that Nintendo has, they don't do very much with it.

It's this awesome dark sci-fi universe inspired by the likes of Alien.

I mean, c'mon, sure, they'll prance Fanservice Suit Samus around in the new Smash Bros, but they won't give us a new Metroid game?

Ugh.

I think I know how this game's going to turn out. They're most likely going to disregard what 3D World established and go back to doing the same thing they've been doing. By that, I mean the same overused villain, same repetitive storyline, and whatever else I might have missed.

Amphituber said:
Yes, Metroid especially.

Animal Crossing and Kirby are pretty well taken care of (New Leaf, Return to Dreamland)

The thing about Metroid is that despite being one of the coolest IPs that Nintendo has, they don't do very much with it.

I mean, c'mon, sure, they'll prance Fanservice Suit Samus around in the new Smash Bros, but they won't give us a new Metroid game?

Ugh.

If it's a Wii U game, then I'll be a bit pissed since we haven't received any of the games I mentioned yet on the Wii U yet we'll have, what, 3 f----ing Mario platformers?

Baby Luigi said:
Amphituber said:
Yes, Metroid especially.

Ugh.

If it's a Wii U game, then I'll be a bit pissed since we haven't received any of the games I mentioned yet on the Wii U yet we'll have, what, 3 f----ing Mario platformers?
Two, if you don't count Luigi U as a Mario platformer.

New Super Luigi U is an expansion pack (but you can play it without New Super Mario Bros. U) so it's in a gray area but I myself don't really consider it as a separate game.

But sure, if you count it. Furthering my point that the last thing the Wii U needs is another Mario platformer.

If they REALLY made something ground-breaking this time I might reconsider my views but as for now, I'm not interested in it.

I'm guessing they won't make New Super Mario Bros U 2 because we already got Luigi U.

I'm hoping it's a 3D Mario game like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy.

wants: option to have multiplayer like on super mario bros. 3
shaking not causing ground pounds, i died plenty of times due to shaking the remote due to a stressful level

Fronk said:

This, no more New Super Mario games please. New Super Mario bros ended on a high note, let's hope they don't ruin it.

Super Mario 3D Galaxy

Thereby making trilogies out of both the "SM 3D Land/World" and "SM Galaxy" subseries.

Petey Piranha said:
I'm guessing they won't make New Super Mario Bros U 2 because we already got Luigi U.

I would kill for Super Mario 64 2. :P

小龙怪 said:
Potted Piranha Plant said:
Petey Piranha said:

I would kill for Super Mario 64 2. :P
Wasn't that basically Super Mario Sunshine?

I wouldn't say so, it didn't really continue on from 64.

New Super Mario Bros. 3

ultimate goal of the the game is to get 100,000,000 1-ups to unlock a bonus level featuring Birdo Jr. as the boss

a new open world platformer, that doesnt have a hub world, instead you can explore the entire world as you travel around it(think elder scrolls).

Back