Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

Re: Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (Possible new Nintendo IP)

Nintendo's Agents of S.T.E.A.M.

It does sound like it could be a new Metroid title but if it were to be a new IP, I'd be cool with that too. "Strike Team" makes it sound like it could be a multiplayer experience.

Inb4 Nintendo-Valve merger

I've always had this theory that this new Nintendo IP will be a first-person shooter.

I know we have Metroid, but that's more of a mix between fps and action adventure.

fantanoice said:
Inb4 Nintendo-Valve merger

lol that's exactly what i thought

sounds interesting, not a lot info on it atm though so ill just wait and see what happens.

New Super Mario said:
I've always had this theory that this new Nintendo IP will be a first-person shooter.

Hype anyone?

It's most likely a Metroid reboot for Wii u.

how does mit stand for strike team eliminating the alien menace when it should be steam or stetam

it sounds interesting but considering the direction nintendo's been taking lately, this will probably be more like the metroid nintendo land minigame

Either way, I am totally down for something new. Even if it's a first person shooter from Nintendo other than Metroid or Goldeneye.

Thread get bumped (might want to move to Handheld Gaming), this game is coming out next week for North America and a few months later for Europe and Japan.

There was a demo for this game sometime ago, and it's personally sold me on it so I'll be picking it up once it comes out here. If anyone else tried it, what are your thoughts on the gameplay? Did it convince you to purchase like it did with me or were you deterred?

D1 buy b/c the demo is marvelous

although the fact that is takes 50 billion years for the alien's turns to end is a bit annoying

Mumbo Jumbo said:
although the fact that is takes 50 billion years for the alien's turns to end is a bit annoying
Have you tried pressing the START button during their turn? It speeds it up a bit.

oh it does?

cool

i'll try that the next time I play it then

I'm half-interested in this game, but I don't know if I'll seriously get it.

it looks pretty dang awesome I admit. Intelligent Systems knows how to make these types of games (Fire Emblem, Advance Wars) so I trust them to do a good job here.

I'm really excited to try this game out! I need to get that Demo ASAP!

I like how the FE amiibos actually bring in those characters. More games need to use features like this, like Mario Kart 8. Imagine actually bringing in Diddy or Bowser Jr.

GalacticPetey said:
I like how the FE amiibos actually bring in those characters. More games need to use features like this, like Mario Kart 8. Imagine actually bringing in Diddy or Bowser Jr.

Well I can understand that some people don't want to pay like 10 dollars to play as one character in Mario Kart 8, especially if the value of those characters are not the same as say in Codename STEAM where they have their own attributes and stuff.

I personally don't mind because it's some sort of extra bonus since I casually collect Mario merchandise anyway.

GalacticPetey said:
Or Sonic.

Also since it's Intelligent Systems, maybe we'll get Wario amiibo compatibility too?

You play a hard map, all your characters are dying, when suddenly

Wario appears and you play Microgames

Back