Author Topic: Tournaments  (Read 2480 times)

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
Re: Tournaments
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 06:07:44 PM »
Wow, more than I would have done.  Good ideas. 

To add:  we may do more achievements.  Like X tokens if you have more the Y Fusion, Synchro, or XYZ summons in a duel.  Or dealing X amount of battle damage in one turn or an OTK. 

Also, NSM and I will probably be the offials at these, and if there is one thing about Yu-Gi-Oh, that there is a lot of rules, and there has to be officials. 

Also, I was thinking that each face-off duel would be the best 2  out of 3 instead on single games.  I think a 2 out  of 3 is the best way to accurately defeat someone.

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 06:20:46 PM »
Wow, more than I would have done.  Good ideas. 

To add:  we may do more achievements.  Like X tokens if you have more the Y Fusion, Synchro, or XYZ summons in a duel.  Or dealing X amount of battle damage in one turn or an OTK. 

Also, NSM and I will probably be the offials at these, and if there is one thing about Yu-Gi-Oh, that there is a lot of rules, and there has to be officials. 

Also, I was thinking that each face-off duel would be the best 2  out of 3 instead on single games.  I think a 2 out  of 3 is the best way to accurately defeat someone.
Yeah I definitely like the 2 out of 3 thing.

Plus the officials can help keep track of token count, and it's just important to have someone watching to prevent cheating or incorrect playing.

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2014, 08:22:22 AM »
35 Tokens is not that high of an amount, in my opinion. Last year, my MK7 thing got Cirdec 90.

Also, I have no idea how that YGO stuff works so I'm not able to judge game-specific things you mentioned.

Doof

• I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • DragonFreak
  • Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2014, 08:29:52 AM »
Yeah I don't know if anyone on the AC knows about YGO.  Especially like modern YGO, but is someone here who does, we would like him or her to look over it.

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2014, 10:44:25 AM »
35 Tokens is not that high of an amount, in my opinion. Last year, my MK7 thing got Cirdec 90.

Also, I have no idea how that YGO stuff works so I'm not able to judge game-specific things you mentioned.
Yeah I was kind of taking into account that it is probably going to be a bit smaller scale than the Mario Kart tourneys so I just lowered it a bit.

But if everyone thinks I should raise them, I suppose so.

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »
If it is lower scale, I'm fine with it. I don't know how that game works, as mentioned earlier, so I can't judge the size of it.

Lumastar

• Inkling
  • Star Spirit
  • Stay off this text, jerks! He has personal issues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 03:01:26 AM »
Turboo has given me permission to do a Mario Golf: World Tour tournament. It will take place about a week before the rewards.

Azusa Miura

• Wiki Administrator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Turboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 03:45:20 AM »
i don't know *bleep* about the game and if you're going to have token rewards for it you need to figure that out, but if you're not i guess it doesn't matter

Yayoi Takatsuki

• Star Spirit
  • Uniju
    • View Profile
    • uniju.com
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 02:02:01 PM »
Well Pyro and LTQ, it's less than a week until the first of the tournaments starts, and we've still had no public word - that I've seen anyway, maybe there's some information I'm missing somewhere and if so please direct me to it - on the Minecraft games that are listed as confirmed in the OP. When are these planned to be taking place and when is it planned that sign ups will go up?
This signature officially occupied by the taste of ginger since August 14th, 2009.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 05:16:39 PM »
Well, it came a bit on a backburner to be honest, but there really isn't an awful lot of work to do anymore.

It is to Pyro to open the public thread.

Pyro

• Power Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 07:58:45 AM »
I'll probably put up a public thread when we finish up most of the events.