What are your future plans for this wiki?

LeftyGreenMario

Working toward a diva-free community
Wiki Administrator
Pronouns
she/her
MarioWiki
Mario
The topic of nosiness. Because I have a really big nose. :fancy:

If you're a regular editor, don't say you don't have a plan. Instead, say what trivial thing you've been doing lately (like correcting grammar, updating links, formatting, and so on).

Right now, my big plans is to fill in the red links of the Mario vs. Donkey Kong article. I'm also considering to expand the Mario article to include some tidbits from the Club Nintendo comics. And once I'm done with Mario vs. Donkey Kong business, I'm going to look at Fire Mario.

I haven't really given myself the opportunity as of late to plan ahead when it comes to editing. I look for problems, and I fix the ones I come across.

Huh, I do the same thing. I stumble across and article, think "Hmmmm, I think I should do something about this later", and I end up doing it later.

DragonFreak said:
You know, I wish I had enough knowledge and resources to accurately edit things, but I don't. Not now. Although the few edits I have made I'm pretty proud of.
The only way to have the knowledge and the resources is to edit.

My future plans? Take Mario Kart 8 screenshots with Baby Luigi in it, that's for sure

I have other stuff to do in my agenda, but putting it here would make it a too long list

Idk, I will probably pop up every now and then and edit in some Names in other languages, or revert some useless edits.

Baby Luigi said:
My future plans? Take Mario Kart 8 screenshots with Baby Luigi in it, that's for sure

I have other stuff to do in my agenda, but putting it here would make it a too long list
Yeah, but just list the stuff you're planning to do in the not-too-distant future.

Get Luigi's Mansion refeatured.
Try to find a good enough amount of information to create some wanted articles.
Categorize WarioWare microgames.
Rewrite the Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island levels, and put enemies into them.
Delete all links to Podoboo and replace them with links to Lava Bubble.

Divide the landmass into fiefdoms all ultimately loyal to Noted Mariowiki Editor Glowsquid, stockpile radithor and make the wiki the best source of information about Rise of the Robots.

I'm planning on splitting the Cluck-A-Pop section of the G&W page (since some of the toys can be pretty fucking funny) but I always get caught up in something else. Like updating policy pages not read by the people that really should read them.

Glowsquid said:
Divide the landmass into fiefdoms all ultimately loyal to Noted Mariowiki Editor Glowsquid,
Instead of Bureaucrats we should make the top-tier rank Dukes.

I have a post-it note lying around near my computer with a list of the six things I want to get finished sometime this year. Two are almost finished, and of the rest, one is very low priority.

For one, make every single Dream Team-related the page the best it can be. For second, create and expand all the Mario vs. Donkey Kong world articles and then get them all featured.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Glaceon said:
For second, create and expand all the Mario vs. Donkey Kong world articles and then get them all featured.
I've done Mario Toy Factory, and I'm working on Donkey Kong Jungle Plus. Mario Toy Factory is mostly complete; the only thing it needs is a bunch of images.

Okay, then, I'll focus on expanding the first six worlds and deal with whatever's left when I'm done, and if I can, I'll supply Mario Toy Factory with those images it needs in the near future.

haitianroi said:
I don't want to me a Goomba lol
Guess it takes time :luigi:
Just post more often in the forum and you'll have your rank rise. Then, your rank won't matter much anymore.

Glaceon said:
Glaceon said:
For second, create and expand all the Mario vs. Donkey Kong world articles and then get them all featured.
I've done Mario Toy Factory, and I'm working on Donkey Kong Jungle Plus. Mario Toy Factory is mostly complete; the only thing it needs is a bunch of images.

Okay, then, I'll focus on expanding the first six worlds and deal with whatever's left when I'm done, and if I can, I'll supply Mario Toy Factory with those images it needs in the near future.
Funny, I'm filling in the red links just so the Mario vs. Donkey Kong article can get featured (filling in red links is essentially the only thing it needs), but I don't want to get scolded for creating new stubs, so I'm creating complete world articles.

Glaceon said:
Glaceon said:

Funny, I'm filling in the red links just so the Mario vs. Donkey Kong article can get featured (filling in red links is essentially the only thing it needs), but I don't want to get scolded for creating new stubs, so I'm creating complete world articles.

I was the same back when Mario Party DS was featured, it didn't feel right to me just creating really minor articles, so I went all out on the ones I made since it's definitely better to have a proper go at filling in red links than give it a rushed, half-hearted effort just to get what you want featured faster, and chances are they'll probably get the new stub template and be deleted before you can even get the article featured.

Now planning on alphabetizing Donkey Kong stuff after the merge, and also create the missing Donkey Kong Barrel Blast articles.

Back