Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 112578 times)

Time Turner

• The Fallen Child
  • Celestial Guide
  • You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1960 on: August 11, 2017, 12:59:08 PM »
Quick idea that popped into my mind, should the Template:PArchive have hover text that displays either the color or more conveniently the outcome of the proposal? For the colorblind of us.

For example, hovering over the "(ended June 5)" of the first proposal should display "Proposal passed, result is currently enforced." for convenience.
If it helps out some of our users, I don't see the harm in it.

Baby Luigi

• You sure we shouldn't just panic? I mean, I think panic was invented for just this sort of situation!
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • With a Little L
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: August 11, 2017, 03:07:14 PM »
Most certainly yes, it's a better idea to have something that helps colorblind users out than to discriminate them.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Kazooie

• Megadardery
  • King Bowser
  • Dashbot
  • BREEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: August 11, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »
OK, it's in effect now.

Time Turner

• The Fallen Child
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: August 11, 2017, 03:24:11 PM »
Would it be possible to also edit MarioWiki:Proposals/Archive Header to make note of this?

Mister Wu

• Wiki Patroller
  • Magikoopa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: August 12, 2017, 10:07:13 AM »
The wiki has a problem with svg thumbnailing, as the File:PN Bowser.svg page shows. The svg (which you see when directly seeing the image by clicking on it) is rendered correctly by my browsers, while GIMP 2.8.22 too seems to have troubles rendering it; ImageMagick 6.9.3 on my pc doesn't have any problem on the pther hand, the image is correctly rasterized and thus png thumbnailing is possible. Could this be an issue in the svg library that was fixed recently?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 10:23:23 AM by Mister Wu »

porplemontage

• Wiki Proprietor
  • Piranha Plant
    • View Profile
    • Porplemontage Enterprises
« Reply #1965 on: August 12, 2017, 12:52:37 PM »
SVG's on the wiki must use absolute paths. Updated the file.
Steve

Mister Wu

• Wiki Patroller
  • Magikoopa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: August 12, 2017, 07:32:20 PM »
SVG's on the wiki must use absolute paths. Updated the file.
Thanks! Now we know the workaround. I wonder if the library will support relative paths in the future, since I expect other svg files made by Nintendo to have them.

Niiue

• Moustafa
  • Cheep-Cheep
  • Binarystep
  • East of Dry Dry Desert
    • View Profile
    • Lost Games Wiki
« Reply #1967 on: Today at 06:57:14 AM »
alright does anyone have any pics of the trash can item from mario kart arcade gp since i honestly can't find anything
RIP Walkazo 1991-2016

Sprites for my fangames

Time Turner

• The Fallen Child
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: Today at 01:14:33 PM »
I've noticed a few talk page proposals who had passed and put into effect despite only having three votes. This goes against rule 8 on the Proposals page:
Any proposal that has three votes or less at deadline will automatically be listed as "NO QUORUM." The original proposer then has the option to relist said proposal to generate more discussion.
This has been around since at least November of 2007, and the proposals I have in mind happened long after this was put here. Would it be wrong for me to go back and undo what they've done?

Edit: Relatedly, one of these proposals "failed" with only three votes and was marked as such, but this was later changed, a few years after the original proposal, to be "no quorum". Was this appropriate?
« Last Edit: Today at 01:17:47 PM by Time Turner »

Baby Luigi

• You sure we shouldn't just panic? I mean, I think panic was invented for just this sort of situation!
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • With a Little L
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: Today at 01:54:00 PM »
alright does anyone have any pics of the trash can item from mario kart arcade gp since i honestly can't find anything

I do have Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 playable, perhaps I could attempt to grab a pic.

I've noticed a few talk page proposals who had passed and put into effect despite only having three votes. This goes against rule 8 on the Proposals page:

When I was ----ing around with the Proposal Outcome template, I saw proposals that had no business of passing either.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:12:18 PM by Baby Luigi »
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Niiue

• Moustafa
  • Cheep-Cheep
  • Binarystep
  • East of Dry Dry Desert
    • View Profile
    • Lost Games Wiki
« Reply #1970 on: Today at 05:41:36 PM »

I do have Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 playable, perhaps I could attempt to grab a pic.

It's only in the first game, as far as I know.
RIP Walkazo 1991-2016

Sprites for my fangames