Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 180246 times)

Shokora

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
  • L'esclavage D'amour
    • View Profile
    • PidgiWiki
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2014, 12:03:00 AM »

Duskull

• Spooky Ghost
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2014, 04:34:04 PM »
What the point of articles like List of enemies / bosses in the Donkey Kong / Wario series pages? At the top of the list of enemies and bosses pages it even says "This is a list of enemies from the Mario series and all related series of video games and other media." and Wario and DK enemies appear in the enemies page, and Wario bosses appear in the bosses page. The list of enemies in Donkey Kong / Wario pages just seem redundant as the information is all present on another article that serves the exact same function.

Same goes for places ones as well.

Maki's #3 Fan

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Celestial Guide
  • Raven Effect
  • That's what I call hamburgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2014, 09:54:17 PM »
What the point of articles like List of enemies / bosses in the Donkey Kong / Wario series pages? At the top of the list of enemies and bosses pages it even says "This is a list of enemies from the Mario series and all related series of video games and other media." and Wario and DK enemies appear in the enemies page, and Wario bosses appear in the bosses page. The list of enemies in Donkey Kong / Wario pages just seem redundant as the information is all present on another article that serves the exact same function.

Same goes for places ones as well.
Actually the Donkey kong pages are supposed to be merged as per this proposal http://www.mariowiki.com/MarioWiki:Proposals/Archive_27#Merge_all_Donkey_Kong_sidebar_lists_with_Mario_lists

Duskull

• Spooky Ghost
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »
Okay, I'll work on that over the weekend.

Megadardery

• Megadardery
  • King Bowser
  • Dashbot
  • BREEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2014, 02:00:34 PM »
Recently , Jhonatan2 was blocked for several reasons, especially for having many personal images.. Is there any need to keep any of those, even after he was blocked?

Time Turner

• The Fallen Child
  • Celestial Guide
  • You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 06:38:21 PM »
In my recent proposal about real-world animal templates, I said that it would be silly to place, say, Manager Joe and Wolf O'Donnell on the same template just because they're dogs. They don't resemble each other at all, they play completely different roles, they have completely different characteristics, they're in no way associated with one another besides species... I found the idea silly.

And then, I found Template:Stars, and this is a heck of a lot sillier than a template for dogs. With this template, we're implying that there's a concrete thread that ties Brighton, Ztar, Star Gate, the Sun, and Geno besides their appearance, which there totally is not. Half of these aren't "genuine" stars, but things that have a resemblance to stars, and not to mention that the stars that do show up often have radically different appearances between one-another.

The point I'm trying to make is, can I get the A-OK for deleting this?

Walkazo

• Dragon Lady
  • Local Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Thou liest!
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction.net
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2014, 07:21:18 PM »
The Stars template is more like a mix of an item template (which is worth having), and a species template (a bit trickier since it's not a generic RL species), plus some miscellaneous stuff at the bottom (which could be dealt with better). I dunno, unlike like the animal templates, I'm leery about deleting this one. At the very least, the items part should stay, and I'm inclined to say the character and species stuff should stay too - yes, there's variety, but I think saying the template's implying there's strong connections between things is reading too much into the organization method.

Time Turner

• The Fallen Child
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2014, 06:04:50 PM »
It just feels like the things in this template simply aren't related enough for them to be in a template. There are a large number of different types of stars in the series, each of them being completely different from each other in several ways, and I find it really disjointed. If the template was reorganized to be limited to variants of the standard Star, or even simply the items, I'd accept it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:40:40 PM by Sven »

Princess Mario

• Mushroom Kingdom's Most 🦄Fabulous🦄 Wario Killer
  • Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki

Time Turner

• The Fallen Child
  • Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2014, 08:28:09 PM »
The article reminds me of Mushroom Universe and All worlds, and the "Worlds distinct from Mushroom World" section bugs me especially. How about we skip the discussion about the name and go straight to deciding whether or not it should be deleted?

Glowsquid

• Dans une galaxie près de chez vous!
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
    • http://darkadia.com/member/glowsquid
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2014, 08:35:20 PM »
The way the page is now is clearly bogus and I agree it shouldn't exist in this form any longer.

I'm not sure what to do with the page though. The "Mushroom World" name is used in SMB3 to refer to TMK + the locations introduced in the game and it's mentioned again in Yoshi's Safari, so it's not a throwaway comment like the "Mushroom Universe" thing and thus may be worth having. On the other hand, LinkTheLefty's research on the talk shows the Japanese script of Paper Mario uses "Mushroom World" and "Mushroom Kingdom" interchangeably. So just what is it, exactly?
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2014, 12:27:54 AM »
i'll support a huge overhaul of the article
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Glowsquid

• Dans une galaxie près de chez vous!
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
    • http://darkadia.com/member/glowsquid
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2014, 08:17:17 AM »
Lol, I didn't even notice that stupid location list has Isle O' Hags.

Since nobody's else going to take the initiative...
Rest in peace, Walkazo.

Ray Trace

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2014, 11:52:22 AM »
People have also noticed why Conker's place isn't listed. >_____________>

This page sucks like really hard.

Princess Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2014, 09:52:33 PM »
The only reason I didn't make a talk page proposal is that there isn't much of a discussion.

Mushroom World in its current state is garbage.

Several small galaxies are in orbit around Mushroom World, including the Gateway Galaxy, the Good Egg Galaxy and Bowser Jr.'s Robot Reactor. Galaxies relatively close to Mushroom World on the map of the universe include the Sky Station Galaxy, Honeyhive Galaxy, the Loopdeeloop Galaxy and the Yoshi Star Galaxy.

Also, the assertion that "Grand Finale Galaxy" is the actual name of the galaxy Mario and his cronies inhabit is billshot.

Ray Trace

• Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2014, 09:57:57 PM »
Several small galaxies are in orbit around Mushroom World, including the Gateway Galaxy, the Good Egg Galaxy and Bowser Jr.'s Robot Reactor. Galaxies relatively close to Mushroom World on the map of the universe include the Sky Station Galaxy, Honeyhive Galaxy, the Loopdeeloop Galaxy and the Yoshi Star Galaxy.

This made me snicker

Princess Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2014, 10:03:17 PM »
How the flax can a Mushroom World have so much gravity to have galaxies (a.k.a. scattered planetoids) orbiting it?

</bogus>

Ray Trace

• Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2014, 10:04:33 PM »
I find it funny that the article tries to tie in the reality of the universe into a video game.

Princess Mario

• Donkey Kong
  • LeftyGreenMario
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2014, 10:09:37 PM »
Worse, just look at the diction of this page.

Mushroom World and Earth are almost always believed to be separate planets, though confusion does exist in the form of remarkably similar ecosystems and terrains, several species of animals and obvious human populations on Mushroom World.

Ray Trace

• Mushroom Attendant
  • Baby Luigi
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2014, 10:13:25 PM »
Worse, just look at the diction of this page.

Mushroom World and Earth are almost always believed to be separate planets, though confusion does exist in the form of remarkably similar ecosystems and terrains, several species of animals and obvious human populations on Mushroom World.

Is this Wikipedia or Mario!?