Unpopular Movie opinions

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here
This is a topic for your unpopular opinions about movies. One of mine are that I find Up and The Croods to be overrated. When they came out people thought they where amazing but I was disappointed in both. Up seemed to just be a sad movie with nothing really funny for me and The Croods bored me. I expected it to be funny like most DreamWorks films but there was about one scene in the film that made me laugh.

I also like Daredevil. It's not one of the best superhero films but I still enjoy it.

The Hobbit films are just about as good as the LOTR trilogy

Avatar is overrated. I don't get why it grossed so much. It can be preachy, it has cliches everywhere, and the main character is dorky.

I (would if I was of age) vote greenparty in elections, and yet in an apparently environmentalist movie I was still rooting for the corporate mercenaries due to how annoying the navi were

how titanic out placed jurassic park is a mystery to me, other than perhaps just more people go to movies these days

(titanic out place JP, which out place ET, which out place Jaws, as the highest grossing film up till that point)

I hated The Hangover.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Avatar is overrated. I don't get why it grossed so much. It can be preachy, it has cliches everywhere, and the main character is dorky.
Agreed, although I didn't think the main character was "dorky" - but I do think most of the characters were pretty flat. And the mind-raping of the flying things was creepy as hell.

i've always thought that the avengers wasn't particularly special. i guess it's decent comic relief, but as an action movie it's not that special

Hate the old super man movies with a passion, also the only batman movies i like are the ones in recent years by nolan(aside from the 1960's film).

Also i think martial arts films are better then any other kind of movie.

Fighter Zae said:
also the only batman movies i like are the ones in recent years by nolan(aside from the 1960's film).
You're telling me that the plot hole covered Dark Knight Rises is better than Tim Burton's awesome take on Batman and the Joker?

GalacticPetey said:
Fighter Zae said:
also the only batman movies i like are the ones in recent years by nolan(aside from the 1960's film).
You're telling me that the plot hole covered Dark Knight Rises is better than Tim Burton's awesome take on Batman and the Joker?

Yes.

GalacticPetey said:
Aside from Bane, there's not much I like about TDKR.

Eh i liked everything really.

Liam did well with his role, loved the joker, and bane was good too.

Plus batman begins is like one of my favorite movies ever and i love it.

I dislike super hero movies in general

Walkazo said:
the mind-raping of the flying things was creepy as hell.
not to mention the whole spirit connection thing (and the tree itself) was already used in nearly the exact same way in avatar the last airbender before avatar, suspicious much :P

(the design of the "tupandactylus/microraptor" creatures was the only thing I liked about that movie)

I didn't think (even after the 3rd) that jaws deserved to end with that horror they call a 4th movie

Fighter Zae said:
GalacticPetey said:

Oh, I love Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I just don't like the third film.

GalacticPetey said:
Fighter Zae said:
GalacticPetey said:

Oh, I love Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I just don't like the third film.

Well its not surprising considering how freaking slow the third is.

Terms of Endearment (1983) is a horrible movie that did not deserve the Academy Award for Best Picture.

[me=Gulillilliant]resists the urge to shout the "You're a big guy" meme[/me]

Michell said:
I dislike super hero movies in general

Walkazo said:
the mind-raping of the flying things was creepy as hell.
not to mention the whole spirit connection thing (and the tree itself) was already used in nearly the exact same way in avatar the last airbender before avatar, suspicious much :P

(the design of the "tupandactylus/microraptor" creatures was the only thing I liked about that movie)
>implying the last airbender created spiritual connections
>implying that's all there was to avatar

avatar wasn't that great but there's a lot more to it than just spiritual connections

Walkazo said:
I hated The Hangover.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Agreed, although I didn't think the main character was "dorky" - but I do think most of the characters were pretty flat. And the mind-raping of the flying things was creepy as hell.
I haaaated the hangover.
it was just so.... no. just no.

Most people I know of seem to think that the LOTR trilogy is completely superior.

I think people should spend their time to watch so bad it's good movies too, like Birdemic and The Room.

Well I think Fellowship of the Ring is better than An Unexpected Journey but both are still awesome films.

Also I don't think Spider Man 3 is as bad as people make it out to be. Yes it wasn't as good as the first 2 and some scenes are completely out of place not just in the film but any superhero film(Harry and MJ doing the twist :???:) but there was still some good scenes. I liked the final fight with Venom and Sandman and even though he hardly has any screen time in this one Jameson's scenes are funny. For a really bad superhero film you'd have to watch Superman 3.

Back