Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
https://www.mediafire.com/?t915nj7tttsfrzi

I made this sound clip of Dimentio being announced Brawl-fashion. However, I can't put it in my game because Super Sawndz either crashes or says to try using a bigger file. I am trying to replace Ness's announcement to accommodate the Dimentio skin I gave him. So could someone who knows how to do this replace the file and send me a link to download the modified smashbros_sound.brsar? Also please tell me where to put it on my SD card for Project M, because that's what I'm modifying. Thanks :)

Re: Request: Brawl SFX replacement?

Lakitu de Vlot said:
Project M is that mod that doesn't require modding your Wii (U), right? Because in that case, your request is not possible, because replacing the BRSAR requires a modded Wii or an emulator AFAIK.
Huh, I thought if I had an edited brsar file I could put it in a folder in my SD card and PM would load it.

Uh, in that case, can you help me with modding my Wii? I downloaded the Homebrew channel and some form of Gecko OS I believe a while back, and followed a simple tutorial to get infinite Star power in MKW. When the race started I had a Red Shell however and the game crashed when I used it.

So I think I need help with this kind of thing, lol

Apologies for the double-post, but I see no reason to create a new topic about this because it's so similar. I have a new problem: Project M will no longer load for some reason. It's been that way since I added a Geno skin for Lucas, which I promptly removed. It had froze a couple times when I was using an O'Chunks DK skin but was still playable.

I discovered that the Common folder in Menu was full of corrupt files and folders that are un-deletable. After adding a 2 to the folder name (so the game would hopefully avoid it) and pasting the original Common folder from my back-up folder, I tried to boot it again, but it again would not load at all.

I don't want this to undo all my hard work, such as the custom skins, portraits, stages and music I already added, so I would really like some help on how to fix this without starting completely over.

So I got it working, but one of my custom songs still cuts randomly to a corrupted version of some Kirby song. Is there a fix for that? Because I used that same song file before and it played and looped correctly.

@LakitutheQuick: Sound effect replacement requires Riivolution to use. You can use music hacks with Gecko/Project M, though, and these don't require a .brsar

As for that, the song file itself could be corrupted by something. What caused the corruption of files, may I ask, anyway?

I honestly have no idea. It seems to happen at random; sometimes a random folder will be wiped and filled with gibberish, forcing me to format and start over. The first time around it was Gloam Valley that corrupted, cut into Ultimate Show then something else, now We Believe in You, Mario is cutting to a Kirby theme at random, while the same exact file played fine the first time I used it.

Also is there a way to easily use Riivolution with the hackless Project M?

Baby Luigi said:
@LakitutheQuick: Sound effect replacement requires Riivolution to use. You can use music hacks with Gecko/Project M, though, and these don't require a .brsar
I know that. He asked for sounds, not music, so your comment isn't relevant on this part.

Count Bleck said:
I honestly have no idea. It seems to happen at random; sometimes a random folder will be wiped and filled with gibberish, forcing me to format and start over. The first time around it was Gloam Valley that corrupted, cut into Ultimate Show then something else, now We Believe in You, Mario is cutting to a Kirby theme at random, while the same exact file played fine the first time I used it.

Also is there a way to easily use Riivolution with the hackless Project M?

Maybe you should reformat your SD card? IDK what's happening

There's no way to use Riivolution without installing the homebrew channel

Riivolution fully supports SDHC cards. You'll be fine.

Also, if you have clean files, keep them in safe storage (i.e. a folder in a storage drive) so whenever your files get corrupted, you don't end up screwing up your files and end up erasing your precious hard work.

While Project M may work with an SDHC card, the results will not be as consistent (so when using Project M, keep it to a non SDHC card).

So I extracted the files to the SD card, but Homebrew Channel does nothing when I boot it up. What's wrong?

Is the apps folder on the root of your SD card?

I extracted the contents of the zip file to the SD card and there was no Apps folder, just a "Riivolution" folder.

To install Riivolution, extract the apps folder from the download onto an SD card and run Riivolution from the Homebrew Channel. Bannerbomb can also be used.

Well, there should at least be an "apps" folder in your SD card. That's where you put the Riivolution folder.

OK, I created an Apps folder and put everything inside. Now it should work, let me try it out.

Search "SSBFiles.xml", "modlauncher.xml", and "ocarina.xml". I'd normally post them here for you to copy and paste into notepad, but the message will exceed the allowed characters so...

.XML files go in your riivolution folder on the root of your SD card (NOT IN THE APPS FOLDER!)

SSBFiles is the one I use: it makes your game read files the same way as Gecko, though some files, such as some common ones, need an "_en" added to their file name in order to be read (ie common4_en.pac)

modlauncher.xml can be used for sound replacements. I primarily use it for that, but it can do file replacements too.

This is right in the .xml file itself: X:/brawlmods/music/ - Where you place "info.pac", and optionally, "smashbros_sound.brsar". Also, if you use modlauncher, you also need to place .gct code files in X:/brawlmods/custom2 or something similar

And ocarina.xml, which is used for making cheat codes so you can get a free-cam. You require codehandler.bin for this too, which is placed in your riivoltuion folder along with .xml files as well

One more thing, there should be a config folder in your riivolution folder with your .xml files. Add this .xml in the config folder

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<riivolution version="2">
  <option id="OcarinaOcarina Handler" default="4"/>
  <option id="OcarinaCodes" default="0"/>
  <option id="Brawl Mod Launcher v2Textures" default="1"/>
  <option id="Brawl Mod Launcher v2Code Set" default="8"/>
  <option id="Brawl Mod Launcher v2Custom Music" default="1"/>
  <option id="Brawl Mod Launcher v2Sound Effects" default="1"/>
  <option id="Brawl Mod Launcher v2Custom Movies (THP)" default="1"/>
  <option id="Brawl Mod Launcher v2Hook" default="4"/>
  <option id="FilesFile Code Replacements" default="1"/>
</riivolution>

You can create .xml files by copying this, pasting into notepad, and saving as an .xml.

Gosh darn this sounds mighty complex >_>

Baby Luigi said:
Search "SSBFiles.xml", "modlauncher.xml", and "ocarina.xml". I'd normally post them here for you to copy and paste into notepad, but the message will exceed the allowed characters so...

.XML files go in your riivolution folder on the root of your SD card (NOT IN THE APPS FOLDER!)

SSBFiles is the one I use: it makes your game read files the same way as Gecko, though some files, such as some common ones, need an "_en" added to their file name in order to be read (ie common4_en.pac)

modlauncher.xml can be used for sound replacements. I primarily use it for that, but it can do file replacements too.

This is right in the .xml file itself: X:/brawlmods/music/ - Where you place "info.pac", and optionally, "smashbros_sound.brsar". Also, if you use modlauncher, you also need to place .gct code files in X:/brawlmods/custom2 or something similar

And ocarina.xml, which is used for making cheat codes so you can get a free-cam. You require codehandler.bin for this too, which is placed in your riivoltuion folder along with .xml files as well

One more thing, there should be a config folder in your riivolution folder with your .xml files. Add this .xml in the config folder

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<riivolution version="2">
  <option id="OcarinaOcarina Handler" default="4"/>
  <option id="OcarinaCodes" default="0"/>
  <option id="Brawl Mod Launcher v2Textures" default="1"/>
  <option id="Brawl Mod Launcher v2Code Set" default="8"/>
  <option id="Brawl Mod Launcher v2Custom Music" default="1"/>
  <option id="Brawl Mod Launcher v2Sound Effects" default="1"/>
  <option id="Brawl Mod Launcher v2Custom Movies (THP)" default="1"/>
  <option id="Brawl Mod Launcher v2Hook" default="4"/>
  <option id="FilesFile Code Replacements" default="1"/>
</riivolution>

You can create .xml files by copying this, pasting into notepad, and saving as an .xml.

Gosh darn this sounds mighty complex >_>
Yes, it does. I found modlauncher.xml and ocarina.xml, but I can't find SSBFiles.xml. You know if you could paste that one here without exceeding the limit?

Luckily, I can fit this:

(it's actually called SSBBFiles but w/e)

Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
	<id game="RSB" />
	<options>
		<section name="Files">
			<option name="File Code Replacements">
				<choice name="Enabled">
					<patch id="filecode" />
				</choice>
			</option>
		</section>
	</options>
	<patch id="filecode">
		<folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2" disc="/menu2" />
		<folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBP/pfmenu2" disc="/menu2" />
		<folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBJ/pfmenu2" disc="/menu2" />
		<folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf" disc="/" />
		<folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBP/pf" disc="/" />
		<folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBJ/pf" disc="/" />
	</patch>
</wiidisc>

lol I don't realize how much I learned. I mean, I had exactly zero experience with this too when I started modding. If I can achieve this, so should you.

OK, I have all the files in the correct place now, and I was able to put in the Dimentio skin over Ness. Will the icon and portrait be replaceable now as well? Also how do I modify the smashbros_sound.brsar and where does it go? I can't open the XML files in Brawlbox, do I need to open them anywhere? Thanks for this, btw.

Yes, icon and portraits are totally replaceable. Just be wary of file-sizes: I forgot which one, but the common with CSPs is the one that may crash your game if it's too big. You also need to put some files in other areas. The sc_selcharacter_en.pac, sc_selcharacter2_en.pac, and sc_selmap_en.pac (found in a common#_en.pac file in X:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\system) should be in X:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\menu2 or else it will crash the game. Again, I said that some files need to have an _en added or the game may not read it. It applies to some stage hacks as well.

You can modify the smashbros_sound.brsar with the latest version of brawlbox. It goes in X:/brawlmods/music/

You can open .xml files with notepad without any sort of issues. It's a bit complex to look at at first, but it does tell where the areas of the game should be patched.

Back