Sheet music help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundless Voice

Star Spirit
Banned User
Okay, so I'm trying to make a piano MIDI from scratch, and I have sheet music.

http://ichigos.com/sheets/594 I can't get the direct link, but click on the link that says PDF under "Puppet (Mary's Theme)".

Anyways, I'm currently still at the beginning:

yAnjHki.jpg

You can see, in the first measure, that there's a natural on G, I think, and every G note in that measure was also natural. In the second measure, there's a natural on C, which I've got covered as well, yet then there's one right after on A that I don't know what it is. It looks like a natural, but it has a curved line on it or something (I'm bad at descriptions, so that's what the picture is for). What does it mean? I can't continue because, since I don't know what it is, that particular chord sounds really off.

This probably should be obvious, but I don't know how to read sheet music very well. >_<

Also, both tracks are on the treble cleff. There's no bass cleff.

If someone could tell me what it means, that'd be great. Thanks.

Rin Kagamine said:
You can see, in the first measure, that there's a natural on G, I think, and every G note in that measure was also natural.
Right, accidentals (sharps, flats, or naturals) go through the whole measure.
Rin Kagamine said:
In the second measure, there's a natural on C, which I've got covered as well, yet then there's one right after on A that I don't know what it is. It looks like a natural, but it has a curved line on it or something (I'm bad at descriptions, so that's what the picture is for).
It's hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure it's a tie between the C eighth notes.
Rin Kagamine said:
I can't continue because, since I don't know what it is, that particular chord sounds really off.
Sometimes, the chords are just written strangely; they don't always sound perfectly nice when you play them right.
Rin Kagamine said:
Also, both tracks are on the treble cleff. There's no bass cleff.

If someone could tell me what it means, that'd be great. Thanks.
I think it's just the melody and the background part, so they should both still be treble clef.

For treble clef, the notes go C (first ledger bar below the main five bar), D, E, F, G, A, B, and C again.

And that curved line is just a legato mark? maybe. just ignore it really.

Also that means in the first measure every g is natural, and in the second one the g is sharp and the c and a are natural.

If something sounds off to you, it's either written wrong or you're just hearing it wrong.

Olaf said:
no, i'm pretty sure it's a tie; tie goes between the notes while slur goes over/under the notes
Olaf said:
If something sounds off to you, it's either written wrong or you're just hearing it wrong.
not necessarily

for example in my band we're playing a song that has quarter tones (basically like between B flat and A) and it sure doesn't sound right, even though it is

I know how to read the treble and stuff (but if it was bass cleff it'd be different), but okay, that makes sense.

Thanks to both of you! This can be locked now, mods.

Yoshiwaker said:
Olaf said:
no, i'm pretty sure it's a tie; tie goes between the notes while slur goes over/under the notes
Olaf said:
not necessarily

for example in my band we're playing a song that has quarter tones (basically like between B flat and A) and it sure doesn't sound right, even though it is
Yeah, that's what I meant I just worded it wrong.

And yeah tie, right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back