Featured Articles

LeftyGreenMario

Working toward a diva-free community
Wiki Administrator
Pronouns
she/her
MarioWiki
Mario
This thread, if you haven't figured out already, deals with Featured Articles. Also, if there are new nominations, failed ones, passed ones, votes, if a vote gets removed... if it's Featured Article-related, post it here.

Since it's also a collaboration thread, you can announce which article you plan on working, see if anyone wants to volunteer to help, or ask for help.

If there is anything I missed, just post and I'll add whatever needs to be added.

Last edited:
Heey, nice idea.

The only other reference to all this info would be found in the monthly 'Shroom section, but hopefully this is something which can regularly be kept up to date.

I might not be here every day, so feel free to edit my opening post for any updates. If not, then just notify via posting.

Eh, actually, my sister was the first to propose this, but I decided to take the initiative and create a topic.

YoshiKong said:
Heey, nice idea.

plz give credit 2 mii thnx

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Eh, actually, my sister was the first to propose this, but I decided to take the initiative and create a topic.

I was playing Mario Superstar Baseball Magic School Bus :mad:

I opposed the Princess Peach nomination. Just a heads-up for those supported or seen the nomination.

Don't tell Peach I did that. Because I think I had a tumor in my brain at that time (curse you, hypochondriasis).

Unless opposed Super Duel Mode will be featured within a week

lol, we turned that ol' redirect page into a featurable article in about two days (originally, it was part of the Mario Party 5 article, but, y'know)

Are we a bit too damn devoted or what?

Yay, I'm glad the fruits of our labor is featured hooray for narcissism

But I'm happy Peach is featured too. The lowering of game appearance standards really helped.

I might devote some time and effort to the Mario article. If you see major changes or multiple edits to the Mario article, that's what I'm doing. Yes, I'm doing the unspeakable. Unfortunately, I have been recently enrolled in community college, so I can't be here as often as I like.

Macho Grubba has been nominated to be featured

I'm split on this. On one hand, it has good info for a character who has appeared in one game, so it shares parallels with other featured articles such a Culex or Kiddy Kong. On the other, it's shorter than Baby Donkey Kong's article and the reason that got unfeatured because it was too short.

I'm mixed on this as well. It's really short article. Deanna Mustard became unfeatured because it was too short. Macho Grubba and Deanna Mustard have comparable lengths.

Mario Party 9 has been nominated to be featured

I guess I'll support. I don't see anything wrong with the article.

Yeah, there's nothing offensive about that article. It looks very nice. The dice blocks may need some consistency (like the first one should be cropped from a screenshot), but that isn't enough to unfeature it.

Rawk Hawk failed after Ashley removed her support. Pinkie said this means it automatically failed, nowhere does it say that is the case, so should the nomination be moved back?

Jim McGinn said:
Rawk Hawk failed after Ashley removed her support. Pinkie said this means it automatically failed, nowhere does it say that is the case, so should the nomination be moved back?

Yes it should be moved back. WTF is he thinking.

Proposals don't fail when the original proposers remove their support, same should be said for Featured Articles.

Jim McGinn said:
Ashley and Red has been nominated, personally I think it's too small, only 100 odd bytes bigger than Baby Donkey Kong.

I think its length is fine. Do our viewers in this wiki honestly care how much bytes an article contains? It's just a general guideline, not some sort of strict rule. 100 bytes is like, NOTHING. Talk to me later when the article really lacks in sufficient length or content, not this one.

Sven said:

I supported it because the writing is indeed atrocious.

Jim McGinn said:
Should nothing happen Macho Grubba is due to be featured

Ashley and Red has been nominated, personally I think it's too small, only 100 odd bytes bigger than Baby Donkey Kong.

Rawk Hawk is nominated to be unfeatured.
Don't know why you think Ashley and Red is too small while Macho Grubba is okay size.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl deserves to be unfeatured. That Subspace Emissary section is atrocious.

I think its length is fine. It's just a general guideline, not some sort of strict rule. 100 bytes is like, NOTHING. Talk to me later when the article really lacks in sufficient length or content, not this one.

The article has been expanded since he made that post, but you're right; Treating the bytes part as an hard & fast rule is already idiotic since there's no distinction made between original content and coding & writing taken straight from the games. It's a guideline, not a requirement.

Why is Mario Party 9 listed twice in the OP

Copy paste error; got into purgatory about Rawk Hawk and forgot I added an additional link.

WTF, Baby Donkey Kong has been nominated to be featured because that 9,000 bytes rule has been amended. -_-'

And now, Gus has been nominated to be featured. I will oppose.

Back