Status
Not open for further replies.

Guiliant

Shine Sprite
Pronouns
He/They
HxFx12N.png
2u1bE7e.png

Mochitsuki and Murasamejō don't have their description info on List of microgames in WarioWare: D.I.Y., so I'm requesting translations of the descriptions of said microgames to add to the article.

Girl: "Games made by Ashley. She seems to love food!"
Text next to bard code: "...Rice cake... It's made by tapping."

Girl: "Games made by 9 Volt. Wah, it's full of Nintendo!"
Text: "Nazo no Murasamejō! The Famicom game!"

(Or the girl text reads "A game made by..." - Japanese doesn't distinguish plural and singular.)

The Japanese language is heavily based on context compared to languages like English. There are words that indicate more than one thing is being talked about, like when counting things, but in general, other cues are needed. Take ゲームです, for example. By itself, it could mean (this is a) game or (these are) games.

It's usually pretty obvious. I.e. if I'm looking at a bush filled with birds and say "tori ga iru" you know I mean there's birds there, whereas if I'm next to a cage with one bird and say "tori ga iru" you know I mean there's only one bird there.

i don't think what the girl is saying really matters since we already have the english version of that text in the list (though imo plural makes like 10x more sense in that context, because in the english version she's describing the characters' microgame sections), just as long as the original japanese descriptions next to the barcodes and the translated versions of them are added

P.S. - the verb in the rice cake one (叩く) actually has a broad range of meanings, like beating, slapping, striking, patting, etc. The game involves tapping, but IRL mochi is made by beating the rice into a pulp, so that might actually be the better translation.

Neat ty Walkazo :birdo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back