ScrewAttack's DeathBattle

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
You guys have probably heard of ScrewAttack's show called DeathBattle, where two fictional characters are pitted up against ecah other in a fight. here's a link to all the episodes.
http://www.screwattack.com/user/death-battle/videos

Notable examples include: Sonic vs. Mario, Link vs. Cloud, Eggman vs. Wily, Luke Skywalker vs. Harry Potter, and of course, Goku vs. Superman.

So what do you guys think of these? I love them. Yes, even Goku vs. Superman.

BTW, RoboCop vs. Terminator is coming soon.

I like how they actually try to fairly weigh the competitors' strengths and weaknesses, and don't let the discussion dissolve into mindless fandom warring.

They don't get it right 100% of the time, but you can see the effort.

Toadlight Eightyfarkle said:
I like how they actually try to fairly weigh the competitors' strengths and weaknesses, and don't let the discussion dissolve into mindless fandom warring.

They don't get it right 100% of the time, but you can see the effort.
I agree. Even though the results of
Goku vs. Superman
were not what I would of liked best, I can still see there point and I can agree with their decision.

My favorite Death Battle is still Sonic Vs. Mario

The one I think would win did win
The fight was overall awesomely done
It used quite a bit of the different power-ups that both series had.
And very informative in terms of the information given.

RoboCop vs. Terminator came out today.

RoboCop won. I was pulling for the Terminator.

Anyway, the next fight is Luigi vs. Tails.

I'm gonna laugh when one guy looses, because I know the fanboys are gonna bitch.

I feel like Luigi Vs. Tails would have a similar result to Sonic Vs. Mario.

Sonic won that one since their items countered eachother fine. But it ended on the basic level. Mario is slower, Sonic has spines that can cut through metal, and finishes Mario off

But maybe Luigi's electricity from Superstar Saga could give him the win if it short-circuits Tails' Technology or even electrocutes Tails himself.

We have to remember that Tails is very different from Sonic. Not to mention the fact that Luigi has several unique moves like the Green Missile and the Negative Zone.

GalacticPetey said:
We have to remember that Tails is very different from Sonic. Not to mention the fact that Luigi has several unique moves like the Green Missile and the Negative Zone.

In the Classic Games, Tails was still capable of doing everything Sonic was. And while of course Tails isn't as fast as Sonic is, he's still very fast.

If Tails isn't able to cut through stuff like Sonic does just because some games don't have him able to do that (That being one of the countless reasons Sonic 06 was terrible). Then that's just purposely nerfing him in order to give Luigi the Win. Tails also has a pretty high IQ for his age.

If Luigi is to win, he's both going to have to find a way to slow down and outsmart Tails.

I wonder if Luigi will have his poultergust for this fight. Not sure it would help that much. I imagine he'll have all his power ups at his disposal.

I have a feeling Luigi's cowardice is gonna get the better of him and cost him the match. Either that or Wiz and Boomstick are gonna come up with some way that helps him win.

Northern Verve said:
If Luigi is to win, he's both going to have to find a way to slow down and outsmart Tails.
Negative Zone has the former in the bag, and probably the latter considering how it can put people to sleep and make them taunt uncontrollably.

EDIT: Also, it's mentioned in Tails' Sonic Jam bio that he has a phobia of thunder.

SiFi said:
Northern Verve said:
Negative Zone has the former in the bag, and probably the latter considering how it can put people to sleep and make them taunt uncontrollably.

EDIT: Also, it's mentioned in Tails' Sonic Jam bio that he has a phobia of thunder.

The thunder phobia shouldn't affect Tails any harder then Luigi's in-general cowardice though. There has to be levels in Sonic that there was thunder and lightning in the background but Tails was having no problem. (I think the final level of Sonic Heroes Final Fortress had a storm in the background). Though electricity powers is different from storm thunder.

I feel it's a bit of a cop-out if Luigi wins just by Negative Zone. Considering Negative Zone doesn't cover a huge area, and doesn't even last that long. Tails will struggle against it still. But if Luigi wins using it, it just feels a bit contrived.

GalacticPetey said:
I wonder if Luigi will have his poultergust for this fight. Not sure it would help that much. I imagine he'll have all his power ups at his disposal.

Unless Tails is a ghost (Which well of course Luigi will have won then because Tails would be dead) then yeah the Poltergeist isn't useful to him. Wonder if they should even bother with the power-ups since it'd essentially be the same as the Mario & Sonic battle. Tails even has a Super Form like Sonic does

I wonder if we'll also get the Tornado Vs. Bro-bot from Super Paper Mario. That could be interesting.

Luigi's analysis was posted today. The fight's gonna be on March 21st. That's pretty soon. Anyway, the Negative Zone was listed on his powers list, along with the Potergust. They didn;t mention any of the usual Mario powerups but they did mention the Vanish ability as well as his hammer.

I've already figured out the outcome of this one.

The Tornado malfunctions and Tails dies in a crash. Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing.

Pokémon Trainer Essentia said:
SiFi said:
I've already figured out the outcome of this one.

The Tornado malfunctions and Tails dies in a crash. Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing.
hi

congratulations you get it

ernesth100 said:
GalacticPetey said:
Do you not read any posts in this thread?

Luigi vs. Tails on the 21st.
Oh...sorry Tails but Luigi takes this one. 50 bucks says after that its Shadow vs Wario.

Considering what happened in Sonic Vs. Mario. I wouldn't be too sure.

Though I could see them having Luigi win partly just to make things even between those 2 fights :P

Back