3DS SD card question

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
So I want to start playing Project M. I know it requires a 2GB or less SD card. I was thinking about using my 3DS's SD card, but I'm worried that I might lose data.

If I use the 3ds sd card for Project M, what will it delete? Will I lose my save files for all my games?

i lost all of my data when i tried adding a hack onto it, and as a result couldn't participate in the MK7 awards tournament

then again, i also manually deleted all of the files on the sdcards just to be safe, so that's not really so helpful

i think it would just be better to buy a new 2gb sd card if you're worried about losing data; even if it doesn't interfere with 3ds stuff it might take up the rest of the space on it

2gb ones are like $5 - $10 (at least the ones i'm seeing online are, though i assume regular stores have similar prices)

Champion Christmas said:
If I use the 3ds sd card for Project M, what will it delete? Will I lose my save files for all my games?

It will not delete anything. The only thing you need is enough space for the hacks. This is coming from a user who used a 3DS SD card for Brawl hacks. Works perfectly too.

Brawl patching does not work like that. If there is an invalid file, the game will simply ignore it rather than delete it. If it does end up getting deleted, well, there might be something wrong with the SD card, not the hacking or if you did it wrong (which shouldn't be the case).

If you're worried, do what Lakitu said: make a back-up of your SD card.

Nabber said:
i lost all of my data when i tried adding a hack onto it, and as a result couldn't participate in the MK7 awards tournament

then again, i also manually deleted all of the files on the sdcards just to be safe, so that's not really so helpful

Um, yeah, that's where it stored the data. You basically deleted the data you stored. This has nothing to do with adding a hack.

Back