Swapnote is Officially Dead

SKmaric

King Bowser
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/UHQZFP2Jxcll_Vm-PsZpxNIK5920bRRK

But who still used Swapnote anyways?

The real meat of this though is that the online services for Flipnote Studio 3D were also shut down. Looks like we won't be getting Flipnote 3D after all.

Like really, all this waiting for nothing?

I used it sometimes, but I'm still sad to see it go just because of that. :(

I used it for two days and just went on it to get rid of the blue light that would always be there afterwards. Then a week later I just let the light stay there.

I guess I'm indifferent about this. Because I'm tired right now and don't want to think about it.

I used it...
to send ridiculous pics to people. not inappropriate, just weird fanart.

Stupid stupid stupid now I can't send pictures of a thunderstorm lightning striking Wario any more!

I was going to one day draw pictures of the entire Pokemon but only got up to like, Charmander.

I know they're saying it was because of crude drawings but I am actually speculating that they did this because they want to replace it with Miiverse, because honestly that is just a better Swapnote anyway.

My favourite offensive drawing was a giant scribble somebody sent me that you couldn't tell was a reproductive organ until you watched it being drawn. True genius. So artistic.

Well, considering I've had over 2000 Streetpass hits and have gotten like one Swapnote message in that entire time...

So we can't send letters anymore?

I didn't have any friends to send letters to, I only used Swapnote to draw pictures.

Mienfoo said:
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=216348

Oh.

Well then.
Just heard about this too. I'm so disgusted by it. Kudos to Nintendo for being pretty swift with the investigation. I've seen some people say, "Oh, they went about it the wrong way," but honestly if your data is being investigated for criminal activity you can't just, like, keep running a service on it.

What's the point of Swapnote if you can't send messages to your friends?!

Back