Your headcanons

Anser

King Bowser
Talk about things you think that go on the Mushroom Kingdom.

When I was younger, I used to think that characters participated in the games in the same way that they filmed a movie. They would be like "Oh, do you remember when we did [filmed] Mario Kart: Double Dash!!? It was so fun" and characters would be like "I won't forgive Waluigi for what he did to me when we were doing [filming] Mario Party 6". They would even go "I befriended Peach when we were doing [filming] Mario Kart 7. She's such a nice person". I imagine them backstage and everything, like Rosalina and Toadette chatting or Yoshi and Wario grabbing food at the food table on the set while they wait to "film" their next race.

It's stupid, I know. I was only 14.

I can't wait to see Baby Luigi's and Mario Party X's responses. I bet they're going to make me laugh with their Wario-hate-filled posts.

Daily, Wario is a super-creep who likes to watch Baby Luigi sleep and think it's funny to make him cry. And he loves announcing he'll marry everyone, especially Daisy. Daisy doesn't like it so she takes great desire in ripping him in shreds daily. Other characters enjoy beating him up too, and the best part is, Wario even though Wario is in pain, he doesn't seem to mind getting beat up everyday because he's that stupid. Sometimes, Wario does surreal things such as make his nose fly out of his face or laugh like a maniac and roll around. Wario is the smelliest guy on the planet and he's also the cheapest (he lives in a run-down place he claimed he built himself. It's true; it looks so rotten and disgusting it looks like only Wario would make it).

For some reason, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong work for Bowser, but sometimes, Donkey Kong pops out of random places and screams "BATTLESHIP" (dunno why).

I had this mindset way before I joined the MarioWiki at all.

One time, Lefty thought the music in the Mario Kart games came out of the car radio.

Baby Luigi said:
Daily, Wario is a super-creep who likes to watch Baby Luigi sleep and think it's funny to make him cry. And he loves announcing he'll marry everyone, especially Daisy. Daisy doesn't like it so she takes great desire in ripping him in shreds daily. Other characters enjoy beating him up too, and the best part is, Wario even though Wario is in pain, he doesn't seem to mind getting beat up everyday because he's that stupid. Sometimes, Wario does surreal things such as make his nose fly out of his face or laugh like a maniac and roll around. Wario is the smelliest guy on the planet and he's also the cheapest (he lives in a run-down place he claimed he built himself. It's true; it looks so rotten and disgusting it looks like only Wario would make it).

For some reason, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong work for Bowser, but sometimes, Donkey Kong pops out of random places and screams "BATTLESHIP" (dunno why).

I had this mindset way before I joined the MarioWiki at all.

One time, Lefty thought the music in the Mario Kart games came out of the car radio.

I knew you wouldn't fail to make me laugh :'D

Another thing I think is that we'll someday see Rosalina's brother in the games. He's supposed to be on Earth, so I think he must be looking for her. He will probably appear in a spin-off, though.

EDIT: How would have Wario and Baby Luigi done when they were doing (filming according to my headcanon) Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and they had to team up?

Bowser's obsession with being evil and great is due to the fact that his late father was so great (and evil), he set the bar impossibly high for Bowser to be able to make a mark for himself in the history books and earn the respect of both his people and his adoptive father, Kamek. Bowser's got issues.

The Koopalings are Bowser's biological kids, all from the same mother, who disappeared for reasons unknown in the aftermath of SM64, right after laying Junior's egg.

Mario and Luigi are adopted: the (magic) Stork was taking them from their birth mother to their new parents. Their birth mother named them "Mario" and "Luigi", and their adoptive parents' last name was "Mario" too.

Mario and Peach don't really love each other romantically - they just think they're supposed to and are going through the motions to fit their (and others') expectations, but deep down, the love they feel is purely platonic (although Mario has a bit of your basic "wow, she's pretty"-type crushes). Mario ends up back with Pauline in the end, while Luigi gets Daisy and Peach never marries.

Luigi's mostly straight, but also a little bi. Peasley's gay (as are a few background characters). Kamek's asexual. Birdo's trans and Yoshi's cool with that.

Peach's mother died in childbirth. Her father spends his time traveling around the world, ostensibly to make alliances, but in reality, he's just avoiding having to be a real leader. Peach still loves him, tho, and after the Shroob invasion, he did man up, come back and stick around to keep an eye on her until she was an adult, then he succumbed to his wanderlust once more.

Kamek and Kammy are siblings. Toad and Toadette are too. Wario and Waluigi are not.

DKCR's Cranky Kong is the original DKC's Donkey Kong, and the reason why there's Tikis instead of Kremlings is because the Kremlings were defeated and run off the island years before DKCR takes place. In turn, DKC's Cranky was the original Donkey Kong, while DK Jr, became the DKC Donkey; however the DK:JB Donkey Kong was also the original DK (before he had a son), and him clearing out all the other island kingdoms is what paved the way for the Kremlings to take over by the time DKC rolls around.

So yeah, I have many headcanons... I had a few really stupid ones when I was younger, too (like, Daisy had 15 sisters for some reason, lol). I also have a very specific order in which the games happen in-universe in my headcanon with the December 1993 setting of Mario's Time Machine being the focal point for all the other dates.

Meh, not very much as I just play the games without wondering too much about background but:
(don't laugh, I was a stupid kid)
  • The characters in Mario Kart are all imprisoned, but are released by Bowser once you play well enough to unlock them
  • Bowser is 40 years old, and he "pooped out" all the Koopalings (I don't know if I came up with this or a friend did but don't ask, it was before I learned about how reproduction works and all that)
    • Yoshi was a dinosaur who used to be normal, but became his currect shape in a lab "accident" by the Bros. who wanted transportation other than karts.
    • Oh yeah, and when I was around 5 (I did this same thing for TV shows and movies too) I always wondered if the characters ingame could see closed captions or text in the game and was always hoping to see someone exclaim something like "Oh no, there are words under us and they repeat what we say backwards!"

Anser said:
EDIT: How would have Wario and Baby Luigi done when they were doing (filming according to my headcanon) Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and they had to team up?

Baby Luigi would force Wario to stay in the item slot because Baby Luigi can't risk Wario contaminating the driver seat and Wario's an awful driver anyway. Baby Luigi is also freaked out with Wario so he couldn't really concentrate on driving. They would drive on the Koopa King. Besides, being behind Wario is a terrible place to be in.

Walkazo said:
I also have a very specific order in which the games happen in-universe... [snip]

That sounded sad enough when you mentioned it on messenger yesterday, but then you omitted to mention Mario's Time Machine is the centerpiece for the timeline.

-Hotel Mario is cannan and set at the end of timeline. The Mario bros are on the onset of senility and years of poor diet, exposure to various hazards and strenuous physical efforts have taken their toll on the body. This is demonstrated by Mario's even more pronounced rotundness, everyone's awkward movement and the continuous attempts at communicating with a non-existent entity.

-Sgt. Slaughter's appearance in the DIC cartoon is totes an hint the Brooklyn segments are set in the same universe as the DIC G.I. Joe seasons that aired at the same time, which in turn connects them to the Sunbow versions of G.I. Joe, Transformers, Inhumanoid, Jem, MASK, COPS and other bullshit nobody cares about.

Glowsquid said:
Walkazo said:
I also have a very specific order in which the games happen in-universe... [snip]
That sounded sad enough when you mentioned it on messenger yesterday, but then you omitted to mention Mario's Time Machine is the centerpiece for the timeline.
Nope, I'm pretty sure I mentioned MTM to you too. If you're gonna poke fun, do it accurately, foo' ;P

I think the palm trees in Piantas' heads are actually mind-controlling flesh plants that control the dead bodies of Piantas.

God my headcanons for the Mario series are quite complex.

-Mario and Luigi are the official guardians of Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. So if Baby Mario blows up a building (ie Toadette's house), Mario and Luigi are responsible for it. Peach and Daisy are responsible for Baby Peach and Baby Daisy

-Toadette and Baby Mario are worst enemies to each other and they will fight each other a lot.

-Waluigi trips over Wiggler. A lot.

-Waluigi has an affinity with Barbie, My Little Pony, Polly Pocket, Bratz, perfume, make-up, and wearing dresses. He's an aromantic asexual.

-Peach is rarely there. Why? She gets kidnapped all the time. Most of it, Bowser had no part in it. It is currently unknown who loves kidnapping her.

-Toad and Toadette are dating each other and they are not siblings. On a related note, Blue Toad and Yellow Toad are close, wealthy friends but Toad jokingly calls them "the first same-gendered couple in Mushroom Kingdom".

-Unlike all other Toads, Toad is actually quite a cynical, grumpy grouch who smiles only when Toadette is around. He also calls anyone not named Toadette a Cabbage Patch Kid.

-Toadsworth is so boring he puts everyone to sleep

-Baby Daisy is obsessed with Baby Luigi and muffins. She boasts the largest Baby Luigi collection in the universe (including 1,634 unique self portraits of him) and she goes rabid whenever she sees a muffin.

-Baby Peach likes to explore and tell on people.

-Birdo loves Mario (Mario doesn't love her back) and she sounds like a man. She's obsessed with her red ribbon.

-Yoshi is super dumb and the Super Mario World Yoshi doesn't like him.

-No one in Mushroom Kingdom likes Wario (they're all actually extremely terrified of him as he is very unpredictable and nasty plus stupid), but Baby Luigi respects and plays with Baby Wario, something Baby Mario hates.

-The babies came from the past because they thought the present was fun (because Baby Luigi was kidnapped a lot, he doesn't remember his parents much) and besides "the people with the dead rats on their faces" are fun to be with. The adults traveled to the past and ever since the Shroob invasion, the babies would like to see the present. Sometimes the adults even question about their parents but Luigi insists that it's probably a different timeline so there's nothing to worry about. The paradox puzzles everyone anyway.

-Luigi is a constant worry-wart and he is like a stereotypical housewife and complains about how he does all the housework and chores while Mario "is just like another child". They live in a house based of Paper Mario, but bigger and baby stuff in it.

-Baby Luigi is very smart. He is able to speak with the adults (though most of the time their topics doesn't interest him as, like any typical baby, loves playtime and doesn't care about economics and politics) fine. He's still very naive and his curiosity sometimes hurts him. He doesn't speak much and he's very shy but when he's around his best friends, he'll express much of himself.

-Toadette loves Baby Luigi; she likes cuddling him and taking care of him.

-Wario is super cheap and greedy. When someone notices that Wario is creepily following him and that Wario wants to marry him, the person can just take a penny and roll it away, making Wario chase after it. He's super-dumb too.

-The Super Mario World Yoshi is referred to as "Skinny Yoshi" and she is actually a female.

-The colored Yoshis are in a band and they help the Mushroom Kingdom out in many ways, though Black Yoshi used to be the former ruler of the kingdom before Daisy took over.

-Sarasaland is a crime-ridden place. Daisy decided to move out of it and become ruler of Mushroom Kingdom instead.

-Mushroom Kingdom is the largest and most prosperous kingdom in the planet. Bowser is jealous and he resides in a separate coalition in a far-off land, calling it a real unimaginative name, "Bad Guy Land".

-DK and Diddy work for Bowser, but Diddy notices how dumb Bowser is and is pretty rebellious. DK is just dumb.

-Bowser Jr. was a former brat but he had reformed, also noticing how dumb his father is. His father doesn't realize this.

-Baby Mario and Baby Luigi own a friendly pet Chain Chomp named "Wan Wan". He's just as rowdy as Baby Mario and will often follow only Baby Mario's insane orders, much to Baby Luigi's annoyance. He likes biting Waluigi's legs and Mario butts.

-Kamek used to be a competent bad guy but he's gotten crazy as all his plans ever involve is kidnapping Baby Luigi. He also turns good guys into powerful dragons and bananas, much to the baddies' annoyances.

-Piranha Plant is female and she moves around by hopping in her pot. She's always hungry and she loves destroying Wiggler's garden. She works for Bowser.

I'll stop here because I've got even more to say and what I think happens is already long enough. I basically got this personal headcanon for literally every mainstream Mario character (though I do cover BeanBean Kingdom and the like at some point).

my headcanon is that luigi collapses in on himself, becomes a black hole, and engulfs the entire universe which turns everyone and everything into more luigi.

Crocodile Dippy said:
my headcanon is that luigi collapses in on himself, becomes a black hole, and engulfs the entire universe which turns everyone and everything into more luigi.

sounds like a fan game idea

Crocodile Dippy said:

And thus, The Year of Luigi

Rhythm Heaven and WarioWare exist in the same universe

Game & Wario's story mode cutscenes feature ton of very conspicuous cameos from Rhythm Heaven characters. This, along with the Space Bunnies' appearance in all RH installments and the obvious tonal and stylistic similarities, only means the two series in the same universe-and that by extension, Rhythm Heaven is part of the extended Mario franchise.

(brb, making proposal. Surely this can't fare worse than the Banjo/Conker ones, right?)

No matter what anybody thinks or whatever contradicts it, I think that the Koopalings are Bowsers children. Plus what PTR said up there, that that cartoons are cannon, and the Koopalings refer to Koopa (AKA Bowser) as daddy.

The music comes from invisible speakers below the level
EDIT: DF referred to a deleted post, she's not delusional
EDIT2: Oh whoops I said he again

No joke: my sister actually believed the BGM in Mario Kart games came from the kart's radio

Super Smash Misty said:
The music comes from invisible speakers below the level
EDIT: DF referred to a deleted post, she's not delusional
EDIT2: Oh whoops I said he again
Oh great, now people will think, before reading this, that I go around mention PTR posts that don't exist. It is like the quote in my sig where Nabber seems like he goes around randomly explaining what Mafia is fiasco.

Bowser continues to date Peach, without Mario knowing. Peach doesn't have the heart to tell him that she is not his lover, and Bowser actually arranges kidnappings, for then he can spend time with the Mushroom Princess.
To bring peace to the kingdom, Bowser and Peach don't really have a choice about marriage, since then the feud between the Koopa Troop and the Mushroom People would subside.
The continuous rivalry between the Beanbean and Mushroom Kingdom continues, and it won't stop until Toadsworth marries Queen Bean.
Popple now travels rapidly between both kingdoms to work as a spy among the Toads. He steals stuff the bring back and also reports on their next Beanbean assault.

SuperQueenChrysalis said:
Bowser continues to date Peach, without Mario knowing. Peach doesn't have the heart to tell him that she is not his lover, and Bowser actually arranges kidnappings, for then he can spend time with the Mushroom Princess.
Mario keeps kidnapping Peach from Bowser

If Birdo is male, that is so. If Birdo is not, that isn't true.

However, I like to think that the Pink Birdo is female, but all other colour Birdos are male and dress like the Pink Birdo because or peer pressure.

Back