Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban series (includes Apollo Justice as well)

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
I thought Phoenix Wright needed his own thread.

so anyway discuss about our Objection yelling, grilled sandwhich chicken eater laywer.

Honestly I've only completed The first one (for ds) and justice for all.

so I was wondering if Trials and Tribulations and both ace attorney investigations miles edgeworth are worth playing.

*shields for incoming Lily*

and yeah while I am at it... is Apollo Justice acceptable too?

Apollo Justice isn't as bad as everyone makes out imo. I prefer it to JFA as JFA had one great case but also had two of the worst cases in the series. Plus I was never a big Franziska fan myself.

The original is my favorite.

Phantom L said:
Apollo Justice isn't as bad as everyone makes out imo. I prefer it to JFA as JFA had one great case but also had two of the worst cases in the series. Plus I was never a big Franziska fan myself.

Two of the worst? Which ones? If Turabout Big Top's one of them, I can understand that, but the others were pretty good, IMO.

Terriermon said:
Phantom L said:

Two of the worst? Which ones? If Turabout Big Top's one of them, I can understand that, but the others were pretty good, IMO.
Lost Turnabout and Turnabout Big top

Lost Turnabout was horrible and forced, even for a first case and is my least favorite case in the series. Seriously, Turnabout Trump is the example of a tutorial case done well.
Turnabout Big top was ehhh.... annoying characters and its just seemed flat.

However, Farewell was amazing and one of the best in the series and Reuinion is ok, but I found it a bit obvious.

Phantom L said:
Terriermon said:
Phantom L said:

Lost Turnabout and Turnabout Big top

Lost Turnabout was horrible and forced, even for a first case and is my least favorite case in the series. Seriously, Turnabout Trump is the example of a tutorial case done well.
Turnabout Big top was ehhh.... annoying characters and its just seemed flat.

However, Farewell was amazing and one of the best in the series and Reuinion is ok, but I found it a bit obvious.
Forced? What do you mean by that?

The memory loss thing. I mean, really? They had to force it that far to make Phoenix act like a noob again.
Plus it was really easy.
First turnabouts easiness can be excused because it was the first case in the series. But they could have made Lost turnabout flow and fit in a bit better.
Anywat, I personally hate the case.

I'm still undecided to which game is the best. I'm kinda leaning towards T&T, because it had the most interesting cases and characters IMO.

WolferLufe said:
I'm still undecided to which game is the best. I'm kinda leaning towards T&T, because it had the most interesting cases and characters IMO.
For me it goes
PW>TAT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AJ>JFA

I'm waiting for my release date for DD

seriously, it is so hard to resist the spoilers ;-;. I just want to know everything...

I'm a fan of all the games, honestly, but if I had to rank them, Trials and Tribulations would easily be first, Apollo Justice would be second, Phoenix Wright would be a close third, and Justice for All would be last. If we were including Investigations... I'm not sure where I'd put it, really.

Trucy Wright said:
I'm a fan of all the games, honestly, but if I had to rank them, Trials and Tribulations would easily be first, Apollo Justice would be second, Phoenix Wright would be a close third, and Justice for All would be last. If we were including Investigations... I'm not sure where I'd put it, really.
I don't dislike any of the games either. They are all good but some are better than others.

I haven't played the investigation games so I can't place them.

How would you rate the 'rival prosecutors'?
For me it goes
1. Klavier
2. Edgeworth
3. Godot
4. Franziska
5. Manfred
6. Winston

As for the new Dual Destinies ones (Gaspen and Simon) I think Gaspen is going to be pretty low on the list as he is a first case only guy iirc. However, I think Simon is going to be lower than Edgeworth on the list but higher than Manfred on what I have seen/heard of him so far.

[quote author=Phantom L]
For me it goes
PW>TAT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AJ>JFA
[/quote]
Apollo Justice was actually close to being my favorite game, but the game was a little too easy and the Bracelet gimmick wasn't really fun to use.

Turnabout Big Top kinda ruined the chances of JFA being my favorite game.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/17/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies-now-has-a-confirmed-us-release-date/
ace attorney dual destinies has been confirmed for an october 24 release

also am i the only person who doesn't hate turnabout big top? i mean, it's not my favorite, but it's not my least fav either

24th of October, hey?
That isn't too bad.
If they announced that it would be in December then I would have cried and spoiled myself.

I'm super pumped for the release, especially after I saw the demo and trailers (wow, what did they do to you, Apollo?)
Pearl said:
also am i the only person who doesn't hate turnabout big top? i mean, it's not my favorite, but it's not my least fav either
It's certainly not 100% horrible, but... How many other cases could seriously be considered "really bad"?

the parody for the fresh prince of bel air and a-team from moe were good. and I like regina too.

John Egbert said:
the parody for the fresh prince of bel air and a-team from moe were good.
yeah those were the only good parts of the case really

i pretty much agree with lily's opinions in this thread, except so far I like Apollo Justice (only on Turnabout Corner though, don't see why everyone hates it)

Pearl said:

no, i'm fine with the case.

well yeah, I don't hate any of the cases

that one was just a weaker one compared to the others

Turnabout Big Top was a pretty simple case, but I didn't like any of the new characters in it, they were all obnoxious or annoying (except Acro). Also, it takes place in a circus.

Back