Not open for further replies.

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
*points to title*

The user Icysugarspike has recently uploaded a load of artwork from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. There were some arts that he had trouble identifying, though we've figured out most of them... all but one.

SMW2_YI_Cheep_Cheep.png

Can anyone identify the Yoshi's Island enemy seen in this here artwork? Icy has ruled out Deep-Cheep, because there's no mention of them appearing in the game. If anyone can correctly identify it, then dinner is on me.

Looks like a miscoloured Flopsy Fish (which, on the wiki, are currently merged to the Cheep-Cheep page for some reason) to me. Same general appearance and the artwork shows it leaping out of the water, which none of the other aquatic enemies in YI do.

That's got to be it, thanks Glowsquid. We're having fish for dinner.

(BTW, perhaps keep this thread "unresolved" a little longer, in case other users had further input.)

The Earl of Millennium said:
Hm, I does seems miscolored, as no green cheep-cheeps appear in the game...
It must have just been concept artwork (i.e. it was created at a separate stage of when the sprites were designed during development).

Anyway, we'll settle on Flopsy Fish: Icysugarspike seems to agree. I'll see to the enemy being split from the Cheep-Cheep article. Lock and archive away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back