Author Topic: OFFICIAL USERPEDIA AWARDS VI CEREMONY  (Read 21185 times)

Shygul

• Nikaido Saki
  • Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
Re: OFFICIAL USERPEDIA AWARDS VI CEREMONY
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 05:05:29 PM »

Paul Heyman

• The ONE, behind the ONE, in TWENTY-THREE and ONE.
  • Shine Sprite
  • GutsehMan
  • Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 05:06:03 PM »
C'MON ALL THE FELLAS SAY "HOOP, THERE IT IS"

C'MON ONE TIME FOR THE LADIES SAY "HOOP, THERE IT IS"

3DS Friend Code: 0576-4885-3090

Super Mario Bros.

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Shine Sprite
  • Oh boy! Haha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 05:09:31 PM »
Great introduction post, Anton! Looking forward to seeing more of those changes take place on Userpedia-- it is certainly headed in the right direction.

SMB artwork by Edofenrir.

Hobbes

• Wiki Administrator
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • tucayo
  • Poll Committee Vice-Chairman
    • View Profile
    • The 'Shroom
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 05:10:04 PM »

To present this year's Favorite Retired User Award, please welcome its 2011 recipient, Tucayo!

HI, MarioWiki! I'm your dedicated presenter, Tucayo, here with the results for U1. Favorite Retired User.

Probably the biggest downside of getting really into the community is seeing a good friend go. Whether you've known someone for years or just a couple of months, it's always sad to see someone you had really connected to leave. The reasons people leave are many: school, work, real-life endeavors, and many, many more. When you look at the users nominated for this award you may think "this is quite an eclectic group", and you're absolutely right. Some users in here were already long-gone when others were just joining; some are best-known for their wiki work, others for their contributions to the community; some still show up once in a while, others have simply disappeared. But there is something all of the nominees have in common, beyond their achievements, tenure, or preferred community output; they are all retired, and they are all users they all left a mark, making it impossible for us to forget them. Let's take a closer look at the nominees for Favorite Retired User. Actually, since this is a category with many nominations and we have only five minutes between awards, let's take a look at the users that finished in the Top 5, in no particular order. Yes, CLICK HERE.

And now, without further ado, let's get to the results. Coming in in third place we have…
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second place!

And finally, as voted by you, this year's Favorite Retired User is…

Thanks to everyone for reading, and enjoy the rest of the ceremonies! BYE!

Spoiler: Full Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Credits (click to show/hide)

DrConcreteMonkey is up next with U3, Favorite Comic!

Shygul

• Nikaido Saki
  • Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • my new website plz check it out and share on facebook
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 05:11:41 PM »
congrats RY (rip  :'( )

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 05:12:10 PM »
Congarts Random.

We all want to see you again.
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 05:12:17 PM »
Yes Trifecta!

And glad my idea of video presentations caught on from last year :D

And RandomYoshi totally deserved that.  :'(

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 05:12:23 PM »
yes, a trifecta

woot

Congrats, RY! You're missed very much. :(
(And good presentation, Tucky!)

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you DEAD from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »
rip n pi

Cirdec

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 05:13:32 PM »
Trifecta.
Rip RY.

Noisemaster

• It's ya boy ERNEST CLINE comin' up on you DEAD from READY PLAYER ONE!
  • Global Moderator
  • Celestial Guide
  • MrConcreteDonkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »
U3: Favourite Comic

Hey, guys, welcome to my U3: Favourite Comic presentation! Now, I did say I was going to do a comic, but I soon realised that'd take me too much time, and that it wasn't looking great. Instead, I did the next best thing: a story with pictures!

It was a fairly normal day in New Wikisburg.

That is, it was normal for everybody except one young man...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PACKY!"

A certain Palkia47 was enjoying lunch with his many friends in the town's McDonalds, rated third most beautiful McDonalds in the whole town. (out of three)

"THANKS GUYS.", Packy responded. He sat at the head of the table, a party hat sitting atop his gigantic head. He had invited a number of his friends and acquaintances. And some people who I haven't seen him have more or less any interaction with, but they signed up for this so they were there too why not. They all sat around an abnormally long table, not know. Packy stood up from his seat, as if he was going to make an announcement. "I AM GOING TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT", said Packy.

"AND NOW, TO EAT THE HOLY GRAIL OF BREAKFAST...THE MCMUFFIN."

Applause was unanimous around the table. Or, more accurately, the lack of it.

A voice was suddenly projected across the room: "HOLD IT!"

It came from the person who sat nearest to Packy on his right, and one of his good friends: Smasher. The blue Yoshi was pointing a gun at him. The other people who attended the party were shocked at this sudden and dramatic turn of events.

Smasher demanded "You're going to give me that McMuffin...or I'm going to start shooting". The guests were terrified, but Packy couldn't have been less terrified. Well, he could've, but you understand what I mean. He wasn't that worried. He shouted "HYPER BEAM!", and shot a beam towards Smasher.

"What the hell happened there?", asked Gamefreak75, who sat opposite to where Smasher sat, and was recently declared seventh blunder of the world.

Goomba's Shoe15 sat next to Gamefreak, and he rubbed his monocle, saying "That's certainly not like Smasher to do something like that..."

"Maybe he was evil all along." shrugged Turb, who sat beside him.

MCD, who was further down the table, responded "But...that can't be the real Smasher".

"Why ever not?" asked Edofenrir, who had sat at the other end of the table ripping apart computer monitors until one of them sent him on some sort of crazy adventure.

"Well, uh, I- I mean, uh, Smasher's invitation was...uhh...lost in the post...? (yeah, that'll do)"

Pyro, who sat between Smasher and Blocky, and, despite being made of fire, had a hat on which was perfectly in tact, added "Also, he can't be Smasher, because that guy over there is too." He pointed towards an up-until-then unnoticed customer who, to their surprise, looked exactly like Smasher.

Nabber shouted "Look out, he's got a gun!"

(No, you can not order that from the secret menu, don't bother asking.)

"I'm sorry, didn't you hear me the first time? McMuffin. Now." This Smasher was sure that he could take the McMuffin successfully. That is, until...

No, no Batman! That's completely ridiculous. This part of the story's getting out of hand, let's skip forward a bit...

In first place, with 39 votes...

TOO FAR

It was absolutely terrifying. The entire restaurant was surrounded by Smasher after Smasher after Smasher, each after the McMuffin, and each from a different piece of fiction (as nobody knew at the time, but, honestly, I can't think of a good place to disclose that information so I'll just put it there). The partygoers were terrified.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH MY MCMUFFIN?!" Packy yelled at the Smasher who was successful in taking his breakfast sandwich.

"Hehehe...I am the villain of this piece. If I take the McMuffin, you need to get it back! Ahahahahahaha!" cackled a smug Smasher.

The equally smug Toad85 responded "Are you...sure you mean McMuffin?"

"Yes, I am. It says so in my handbook."

Blocky chipped in, "Don't you mean a MacGuffin?"

"Oh..." Smasher considered this. "I'm not sure. Well, anyway, who cares? I'm outta here!"

Smasher proceeded to take out a comic book, and threw it down onto the floor. A vortex rose out of it, and Smasher, jumping into it, began to disappear into the book. As he disappeared into it, it slammed shut.

"He went into that bloody comic book!", Dippy said.

"man thats some crazy *bleep*", remarked TFP. He was right. It was indeed some crazy *bleep*.

The rest of the party were confused as to what their next move would be.

"So, what now? Should we follow him?", asked NSM.

GalacticPetey replied "Looks like it".

"I don't see why we need to," 2257 began. "It's just a McMuffin."

"J...just a McMuffin?" Tears had began to build up in Packy's eyes. He slammed his fists down on the table, just about breaking it "IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY MCMUFFIN! I'M SO HUNGRY - I HAVEN'T EATEN IN 15 MINUTES, dang IT!"

Cirdec asked "Can't you just buy another one?"

"No, that's way too simple," answered Packy.

"Well," Tucayo said, "Looks like we'll have to go back in there to get it back."

MCD sighed "If we've got no other option..." He opened the book to what looked like a suitable page, and, as expected, a twirling vortex rose out of it. He jumped into it, shouting "Geronimo!" as he dived into the book.

The others stood around the book, looking quite unsure.

"So, uh, anyone want to go for coffee?"

MCD found himself in a black abyss. Nothing surrounded him; nothing engulfed him; nothing overwhelmed him. Still nicer than Hull, though. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Smasher, running away.

"Hey, come back here!", he yelled, as he chased the blue Yoshi. To MCD's surprise, as he ran further, a large, circular object came into view - a kind of bubble. Smasher came to a halt, and, a few seconds later, MCD did too.

"So, you've caught up with me...well, don't think I'm done yet!" He jumped into the nearest bubble, and MCD followed him.

In fourteenth and twelfth place, with 1 and 4 vote(s), respectively: Anton the Fifth Mushketeer and its reboot, Untold Tales of the Fifth Mushketeer (both by Mason).

Master Wikians, by Dippy, also takes twelfth place, with 4 votes.

Toadbert's Wreck seems to have wrecked some of the competition, as it's managed to come in eleventh with 5 votes.

Ninth place went to both The Adventure For Us by Smg2daisy and Bouncing Through the Multiverse – Rebooted by Mason, since both gathered 7 votes.

The Tonight Show (with Jorge Castillo), by Jorge, came eighth with 8 votes.

Mason's Three Mushketeers Kai was given nine votes and came seventh.

Three comics won fourth place, each with 11 votes: Uniju Holiday Theater, by Uniju, Trolls' Island, by CountBonsula, and A Spammer's Revenge, by Neptune99.

The bubbles led to many bizzare alternate universes, each reminding MCD of certain comics he had read back in his universe.

• In the first, Smasher stole and ended up breaking a jewel of unlimited power, meaning the Toucan Gem and whatever it did could never be restored. The Mushketeers, too busy being unsure of what they had to do next, were defeated by FireEevee. Anton was the only survivor of this tragic accident.
  • They both gained superpowers in the second one, but ultimately forgot they had them. They also accidentally killed Crash, which meant the universe was doomed or something?
  • MCD accidentally set off a bomb and started a few fires in the third universe. No biggie. Some conspiracy nuts probably took the whole thing a bit too far. He also got lost in Sysop Tower and had to miss a turn.
  • Smasher knocked over a young man named "Grifty" in the next universe, meaning Smg2daisy couldn't do the same thing a few minutes later and ended up falling down a manhole.
  • In the fifth universe(s?), MCD bounced through too many multiverses and got a headache.
  • In the sixth, Smasher knocked Jorge out of a window. He landed on Toadbert, whose sign was broken.
  • MCD caught sight of Toadbert in a dress in the next universe and had to close his eyes, which were already closed. Smasher stole Uniju's christmas.
  • MCD caught sight of Neptune in a dress in the next universe and began to cry. Smasher stole Neptune's arm.
  • MCD caught sight of CountBonsula in a dress:

That night, he started drinking.

In third place, with 13 votes...

Edofenrir's Tales from the Moon!

In second place, with 15 votes...

Toadbert Plays Oregon Trail!

In first place, with 39 votes...

SKmarioman's Brawl of the Wiki!

Well, thanks for reading, and...what's that, I still have loose ends to tie up? No way. The story isn't going anywhere good.

...okay, fine. Will you accept "everybody died" as an ending?

No? Okay, you can have this:

Spoiler: Ending (click to show/hide)

Congratulations to everyone, and to SKmarioman for coming in first place! Thanks for reading my presentation!

Spoiler: U3 Detailed Results (click to show/hide)

I'm really sorry to inform you that Count Bonsula is up next with U8, Favorite Non-User!

Lakituthequick

• with lowercase T and Q
  • Awards Committee
  • Celestial Guide
  • Rest in Peace, Walkazo 😢
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 05:16:10 PM »
One minute of silence please for RY.

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Celestial Guide
  • Ghirahim
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2013, 05:17:30 PM »
Awesome presentation. Congratulations SKmarioman too.

Ritsuko Akizuki

• also known as Blocky
  • Global Moderator
  • Shine Sprite
  • Superchao
  • give it up for loud noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 05:17:56 PM »
man tonight show in 8th

that's def. too low

NSY

• Celestial Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »
Congarts
Rest in Peace Walkazo, forever will be missed

Northern Verve

• Princess of Magic
  • Star Spirit
  • SonicMario
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2013, 05:18:46 PM »
Hehe, love the me and CB cameo on the river.

Nabber

• Mushroom Attendant
  • nabber
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 05:18:56 PM »
That was a beautiful presentation.

Duskull

• Spooky Ghost
  • Retired Wiki Staff
  • Star Spirit
  • Yoshi876