NINTENDO NEWS THREAD

-----

the coolest dude ever
Pronouns
he/him
*gets unbored*

So, for the last few weeks, some of you guys have been wondering when Nintendo does their Nintendo Directs. They mostly just come out of the blue; BUT, if you apparently follow social media enough, (which i don't) Nintendo always posts about a new Nintendo Direct about the day before.

So, if you don't like social media, then i'll just help you and stuff, by immediately announcing this:

Nintendo is having a Nintendo Direct focused on Wii U & 3DS games tomorrow, August 7th at 7am PT, 9am CST, 10am EST.

*goes back to being bored*

Re: The (un)Official Nintendo Direct Schedule

Thank you.

(That was serious btw.)

There's rumors that characters will be announced via game releases and/or Nintendo directs each month in regards to SSB4.

In particular there was a rumor that the next one was going to be a Pokemon character reveal (Whether it's a veteran like Pokemon Trainer, a newcomer from a more recent Pokemon gen or even the much requested return of Mewtwo).

Maybe there will be no absolutely no SSB4 info at all in this direct, but you never know.

Northern Verve said:
There's rumors that characters will be announced via game releases and/or Nintendo directs each month in regards to SSB4.

In particular there was a rumor that the next one was going to be a Pokemon character reveal (Whether it's a veteran like Pokemon Trainer, a newcomer from a more recent Pokemon gen or even the much requested return of Mewtwo).

Maybe there will be no absolutely no SSB4 info at all in this direct, but you never know.

that pokemon rumor will most likely come true in october when pokemon x & y release

The Undertaker said:
Northern Verve said:

that pokemon rumor will most likely come true in october when pokemon x & y release

The rumor said the next reveal would be a Pokemon one. I kinda see at least one more before October. And if the Pokemon reveal is this month or even in September, maybe they're saving October for Sonic when Sonic Lost World also releases that month. (Or they could do both a new Pokemon character SSB4 reveal AND Sonic in the same month, ya never know)

Oh my gosh yes! I love Nintendo Directs. Thanks for letting me know, I always miss them and have to watch them on youtube.

So hope there is some Smash 4 newcomer info or something! And Mario Kart 8 characters.

And new games. Or heck, maybe even Pikmin 3 DLC.

Oh, yeah, Mario Kart info. That makes sense.

So, yeah, Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D World, maybe some more stuff on A Link Between Worlds...

If they ARE doing something about Smash Bros, it's going to be a big announcement of a newcomer with a video made especially for the announcement, like the other newcomers were.

Pokemon X and Y has had information being released independently of Nintendo Directs, so I doubt that will change. There'll probably be all the stuff we know already about it.

OFFICIAL NEWS FOR AUGUST 7 NINTENDO DIRECT:

SONIC LOST WORLD: Sonic Lost World will be available on October 22 for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.
The Nintendo 3DS and Wii U versions will communicate through a local wireless connection. You can create and customize radio controlled gadgets in Tails' lab on Nintendo 3DS, and send them to the Wii U. The RC gadgets can then support Sonic in the co-op mode on Wii U.

RAYMAN LEGENDS: Gameplay was shown. Custom Mario & Luigi outfits for Globox and Rayman were revealed. 5-player co-op is also confirmed, as well as 40 of the levels from Rayman Origins. Rayman Legends will be available September 3rd.

ART ACADEMY: SKETCHPAD: Game coming out August 9th.

MARIO & LUIGI: DREAM TEAM: Expert challenges confirmed. Coming out August 11th.

POKEMON RUMBLE U: Launches August 29. Four player Co-op. Uses figures available at Gamestop.

SUMMER CARNIVAL '92: RENKA (i think): Releasing for the 3DS Virtual Console...soon.

DONKEY KONG: 3DS VC August 15th.

SUPER TECMO BOWL: 3DS VC soon.

WARIO LAND 3: August 29th, 3DS VC.

SMB3: Coming out soon for the 3DS VC.

ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF: Exclusive Nintendo Zone items.

PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE AZRAN LEGACY: Coming out in 2014.

PROFESSOR LAYTON VS PHOENIX WRIGHT: ACE ATTORNEY: COMING TO THE US IN 2014 FOR THE 3DS.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS: Shadowy Triforce in the logo implies there's another triforce in another world...hence, Link has to travel through two worlds. The world is the exact same as Link To The Past's, but new dungeons. Takes place many years after Link sealed Ganon in Link to The Past. (Meaning this isn't the same Link.) Will be available in November.

THE YEAR OF LUIGI: More games.

SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WII U/3DS: Luigi in Smash.

MIIVERSE: Animal Crossing Community.

ANIMAL CROSSING PLAZA: Wara Wara Plaza: Animal Crossing edition. Comes with screenshot taking, QR codes from New Leaf, and you can upload pictures from the SD card in your 3DS. COMES OUT TODAY, after the presentation ends. Which it just did. So go get it. Is available from today to the end of 2014.

Nintendo will be having a Nintendo Direct exclusive to the Wonderful 101, August 9th, at 7am PT, 9am CST, 10am EST.

The Undertaker said:
PROFESSOR LAYTON VS PHOENIX WRIGHT: ACE ATTORNEY: COMING TO THE US IN 2014 FOR THE 3DS.

it's also coming to europe at that time

and the last layton game

R2-D2 said:
The Undertaker said:

it's also coming to europe at that time

and the last layton game

oh uh

but i didn't watch the EU one :'(

I can't wait to hear more about the new Zelda game. Not that I will play anytime soon, but since it is a sequel to A Link to the Past, this game regardless is 20% cooler.

yay a character we knew was a no-brainer in smash

they should at least give him the poltergust

[quote author=The Undertaker]
[/quote]

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

85 said:
[quote author=The Undertaker]

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT
[/quote]
^^^^^
the funny thing is last night at dinner I was thinking about how I wanted the game to come out soon

The Undertaker said:
*YAWN*

How about the Donkey Kong Land series? Those aren't games that haven't be re-released thousands of times already, or even once for that matter.

Doctor Doom said:
yay a character we knew was a no-brainer in smash

they should at least give him the poltergust

it would probably end up like fludd for mario in brawl.

Solar Blaze said:
The Undertaker said:
*YAWN*

How about the Donkey Kong Land series? Those are games that haven't be re-released thousands of times already, or even once for that matter.
Rare own the rights to those games sadly.

The Undertaker said:
PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE AZRAN LEGACY: Coming out in 2014.

I think it was kind expected that Azran Legacy would come out next year, but it's great to have confirmation nevertheless. Excited the most about these two though <33 Definitely at the top of my list for next year

nsymon said:
Solar Blaze said:
The Undertaker said:
*YAWN*

How about the Donkey Kong Land series? Those are games that haven't be re-released thousands of times already, or even once for that matter.
No, Nintendo owns anything Donkey Kong.

New Super Mario said:
nsymon said:
Solar Blaze said:
The Undertaker said:
*YAWN*

No, Nintendo owns anything Donkey Kong.
But wasn't the DKC games pulled from the Wii VC, I'm pretty sure Rare told Nintendo to remove those games.

nsymon said:
Ugh. People use that exact same reasoning as to why the Kremlings aren't in any of the Retro games. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I can't help but facepalm everytime I read it. If Rare owned the rights to the characters introduced in the series, then they wouldn't have appeared in King of Swing, Jungle Climber, Barrel Blast, Strikers, or Super Sluggers.

nsymon said:
But wasn't the DKC games pulled from the Wii VC, I'm pretty sure Rare told Nintendo to remove those games.
It's true that some idiot over at Microsoft thought that they owned the rights to Donkey Kong, yes, but I highly doubt they were removed for that reason. If there're any legal reasons involved in their removal, then it might likely had something to do with the Killer Instinct references at Cranky's Monkey Museum in Donkey Kong Country 2.

It's true that some idiot over at Microsoft thought that they owned the rights to Donkey Kong, yes, but I highly doubt they were removed for that reason. If there're any legal reasons involved in their removal, then it might likely had something to do with the Killer Instinct references at Cranky's Monkey Museum in Donkey Kong Country 2.

I really doubt that's the reason. No one sues for a cameo. You don't see Nintendo trying to sue Metal Gear Solid because it had Nintendo easter eggs in it.

Rare made the games, therefore they own at least a BIT of the games they made. Not the characters, Diddy Kong is still a character, after all, but the games.

OFFICIAL NEWS FOR AUGUST 9TH NINTENDO DIRECT:

THE WONDERFUL 101: You must find the 100 heroes scattered throughout the planet to advance. The 100 heroes wear special Centinel-Suits to reinforce their bone structure. The Wonderful 100 must face the GEATHJERK invaders. You'll of course, have to rescue civilians. By sending Wonder-Energy to citizens in need, you can turn them into temporary heroes during battle. To stop the GEATHJERK, you'll need to use a powerful move called Unite Morph. It lets you combine the power of all the heroes you have to become a giant weapon. It is activated by drawing a random symbol on the Wii U Gamepad. Mastering the Unite Morph involves knowing which attack to use against enemies, for example, if you're surrounded you can attack all enemies with Unite Sword. The more teammates you have, the bigger and better of a weapon you get. (obviously) You can use Unite Morph to help solve puzzles, such as becoming a ladder, or a rope between buses, maybe constructing a bridge, becoming working parts of a machine, even becoming a handgun! Wonderful Mart lets you buy Unite Morphs specific to that store, not found anywhere else. You can also buy powerups called Custom Blocks. The Wonderful 101's stages are divided into small missions and you'll receive a score on each. Only the best will receive a Pure Platinum ranking by completing levels quickly and without taking damage. When using an Unite Morph, you move slower. You can have up to 5 Unite Morphs onscreen at one time. The more skills you learn, the more combos you can use with Unite Morphs. The Wonderful 101 will of course, be released on September 15th. (Count: 6!)

POST-DIRECT NEWS: US, EU, JP: All getting a demo.

Back