Let's talk about Legend of Zelda

Do you know anything about the series?

I reallly am a big fan of the 3D games in the series, not so much the 2D ones but they are sill alright.

Well...there's link of the past 2 for Nintendo 3DS...um...anything else?

It's the best video game series of all existance and I'm uber obsessed with it.

i'v don't think i've ever played one of these games before

Agumon said:
Bowser45 said:
You're dead to me
You absolutely must.
^This, honestly the games are amazing.

Also if your going for Skyward Sword, chances that you will like depends on how much you like motion controls. I really liked it but I know a lot of people who didn't.

NSY said:
Agumon said:
Bowser45 said:
You're dead to me
You absolutely must.
^This, honestly the games are amazing.

Also if your going for Skyward Sword, chances that you will like depends on how much you like motion controls. I really liked it but I know a lot of people who didn't.
Skyward Sword was amazing. Nintendo did a fairly good at it. Could've been longer. It took me twice as long to complete Twilight Princess and at least 3 times as long to beat Ocarina of Time.

To be honest, I never really liked the series that much. I mean, the games I've played were fun, but I've never enjoyed them that much. Plus I'm terrible at them. The only two I really like are the first one and Majora's Mask.

Granted I haven't played them all, this just an opinion crafted from what I have played.

Fun games. *cough I didn't suck at the dreaded water temple cough*

Admittedly, I dedicated a lot of time to playing Ocarina of Time 3D (and loved it so much), but once I cleared the Secret Quest there wasn't much else to do besides mess around (which is still fun). My friend gifted me the original Legend of Zelda from the Wii Shop Channel, and I've spent quite a lot of time playing that too because its certainly a challenge. And every once in a while, I chip away at Links Awakening DX on the 3DS because its a nice way to relax.

Despite that, I never really got into the whole series (e.g Wind Waker, Minish Cap and such) so take my opinions with a grain of salt. Still, I have a lot of respect for the franchise and its fans and would highly recommend the series to anyone.

BTW divisive question here:
Which is better, Ages or Seasons? I'm hoping to get one from the e-shop soon.

GBAToad said:
BTW divisive question here:
Which is better, Ages or Seasons? I'm hoping to get one from the e-shop soon.
I've have, played, and completed them both. Here are the differences.
Ages: more puzzles, less action, less weapons, more items, use of time travel.
Seasons: less puzzles, more action, more weapons, less items, use of changing seasons

Personally, I like Ages tons more than Seasons, because I play Zelda for the puzzles. Funny thing is, at least in the GBC version, you can save past the final boss. Reason for that is: you can a completed version of one to the other and play on and get weapons and items from both. I've never done it, because I've never had the equipment to do that. But if you can, you should get both. The two separate games actually act as one.

Agumon said:
Seasons: less puzzles, more action, more weapons, less items, use of changing seasons
Huh, interesting contrast. Eventually I'll get both, but for now I guess I'll stick with Ages. The puzzles and time travel sound slightly more interesting to me. Thanks for the opinion :).

GBAToad said:
Agumon said:
Huh, interesting contrast. Eventually I'll get both, but for now I guess I'll stick with Ages. The puzzles and time travel sound slightly more interesting to me. Thanks for the opinion :).
Your Welcome! Happy to help.

Agumon said:
It's the best video game series of all existance and I'm uber obsessed with it.

this used to be my opinion too, and now it isn't

They're pretty good. I have Ocarina of Time 3D and Twilight Princess. I play them for a bit then stop for a while then carry on later. Though they can be annoying at times.

dont really care for the series much anymore.

It really feels like the games have the same thing going on most of the time, dungeon designs have gotten worse, bosses have become so much easier and less satisfying, and its just become ugh for me.

While there are some titles i enjoy such as lttp and oracle games, i just dont have the feel for zelda anymore.

Although i havent played majoras mask which i hear is exceptional compared to the rest.

because i havent enjoyed any of the games since minish cap

Zelda games are pretty fun for the most part, but at the same time, I almost completely suck at them. I have at least five of them so far, and I haven't even come close to beating a single one...except for maybe Wind Waker.

Solar Blaze said:
Zelda games are pretty fun for the most part, but at the same time, I almost completely suck at them. I have at least five of them so far, and I haven't even come close to beating a single one...except for maybe Wind Waker.

The only one that I've fully completed is A Link to the Past... meanwhile, there are eight or so others that I've started and have never finished...

I bought the Hyrule Historia. Interesting book. Even if I played just Ocarina of Time 3DS, but I'm planning on playing some more Link games in the future.

Back