Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
(Sorry for the ridiculously long topic name)

So I had added {{rewrite-expand}} template onto the Mario Kart series article. It had been unfeatured for several other reasons with one being the most problematic:

And last, this article is missing information on the Arcade GP games.

That part is about 90% true. The only sections that acknowledge that the game exists is the games. That's it. The rest of the article describes the other, more common Mario Kart games. Now, I understand that the Mario Kart Arcade GP games are incredibly hard to access with only a few who are able to emulate it because they own the ISO of it or able to watch gameplay footage of such. But cutting off the information for the game into the eighth of the article is unacceptable and has bugged me since I've gotten my hands on a Mario Arcade GP 2 ISO and added a ton of information about the game. So, what do I plan to do?

Here are some of the more simple things:
  • Add the game titles in the modes
  • Add the games in the items section
These ones require quite a bit of work and may require a major overhaul of the Mario Kart series article
  • Add the game's items to the list of items. This is a bit tricky. I don't know what ways we can add this without majorly flooding the article with items that appear exclusively in the Mario Kart Arcade games.
  • Incorporate the weight classes from the Arcade games
  • Add the Arcade GP characters into the Characters section
Another solution is to simply split off the Arcade series into a new article considering how different these games are from the mainstream Nintendo games. But, since there is none and that the article itself lists the games as part of the Mario Kart series, and until that a split may be done, we need to write some Arcade GP information in the article.

Thank you. Saved me some work there

I'm gonna bump my old topic because I've got an issue that I'm still not convinced that it's correct keeping it there even after my old settled talk page proposal failed.

The main issue I have with keeping Mario Kart Arcade GP merged together is that how vastly different it is from Mario Kart series. Even the latest infograph on the game fails to mention the existence of the Arcade GP games

800px-Mario_Kart_Series_Infograph.png

It doesn't help that the games in the series are never referenced outside of the arcade gp games.

Another problem I have is that we already implied in the article that these two Mario Kart games are separate. We always name one part, "the main series" and the other, "the arcade series". I think that's enough to warrant a separate article. If that's not a strong enough case, maybe not a complete split off, but a creation of a new Arcade series article. With the addition of Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, I can safely say that these entries are entirely separate from the Mario Kart series. If that's not proof enough, I played the games; they're vastly different than the Mario Kart norm. Items don't depend on your place, there's only a set number of them per race, there's a ton of them, including prize items. Mechanics are different. Really, the only similarty between the "main Mario Kart series" and the "arcade series" is that they're both Mario mascot kart racers with items. That's it. Also, the title, "Mario Kart 7" and "Mario Kart 8" also don't acknowledge the arcade games existence, branding off as separate. It also doesn't help their case that Nintendo allowed a different developer, Namco to have a free hand with the game. Mario Kart Super Circuit was developed by Intelligent Systems, yes, but the game has much more in common with the Nintendo developed counterparts than the Arcade GP games.

If you're going to argue that the Mario Party arcade games are merged, so this one too: the Mario Party arcade games have much more in common with their home console counterparts than the Arcade GP games; they're even based on it. The Arcade GP games are entirely different and their own entries.

Bump, I'm all for splitting the Arcade GP series into its own article or at least have it as a totally separate section in the Mario Kart series article.

Back